802 users online (96 members and 706 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    RFK, Jr. certainly is:

Robert F. Kennedy Jr., an environmental lawyer and cousin of Mr. Skakel’s who helped develop new evidence after Mr. Skakel was convicted, said he was happy with the decision. “A first-year law student from any of my classes would have done a better job than Mickey Sherman, who’s a very likable guy but was clearly interested — his ambition was to be a television lawyer and he thought this trial was going to be his ticket to that career,” he said. “He told a bar association meeting that he intended to have a lot of fun at that trial.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/24/ny...nnecticut.html
    i really do like Mickey and I think he's one hell of an attorney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

This is the beginning of Michael Skakel's acquittal-I'd put my own money on that. He was never going to be in prison for the rest of his life (that doesn't happen to Kennedy relatives and associates). Once he is out, he's never going back into prison (I am sure he thinks he's served enough time for Martha!)

Sickening.

The legal wrangling over whether Kennedy cousin Michael Skakel should be set free began Thursday with a motion by his lawyers for a bail hearing and a promise by prosecutors to appeal a judge's decision to grant the convicted killer a new trial.

Skakel's lawyers filed a motion at Superior Court in Rockville requesting a bail hearing, during which Skakel could post bond and be released. A hearing date has not been set.

http://www.courant.com/news/connecti...,7930940.story

Do any of y'all think Michael's brother Tommy may have done it? They both admitted lying to police about where they were the night of the murder.

This case has always fascinated me.
    Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that one animal their world is changed forever! -Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by i.b.nora View Post
    Sanjay Gupta, sitting in for Anderson tonight on 'AC360 Later' had on Jeffrey Toobin and I think Robert Kennedy Jr discussing it. Thankfully Sanjay just kept quiet and let them talk. See if you can catch it in rerun.
    I saw that! Ugh, Robert Kennedy was so ridiculous. So rude and talking over everyone. Plus he embellished and flat out lied about so many things about the case.
    Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that one animal their world is changed forever! -Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Snoods View Post
    Do any of y'all think Michael's brother Tommy may have done it? They both admitted lying to police about where they were the night of the murder.

This case has always fascinated me.
    I've thought that TS was the more likely suspect from the get-go and I could not understand why MS attorney did not call in the witnesses who were allegedly with him at the time the murder was committed. It was TS who was seen with her after the others had left in a car, again with witnesses. This case is fascinating and extremely perplexing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda Swenson View Post
    I've thought that TS was the more likely suspect from the get-go and I could not understand why MS attorney did not call in the witnesses who were allegedly with him at the time the murder was committed. It was TS who was seen with her after the others had left in a car, again with witnesses. This case is fascinating and extremely perplexing.
    Or brought up reasonable doubt that Tommy could have done it. I actually think Tommy could have been the one as well, Hilda. He says he was with her, too. Heck, one of 'em did it, I wish we could lock them both up just to be safe.

I don't know if anyone has read Murder in Greenwich but it's worth reading if you're interested in the case.

Following this case for years

Robert Kennedy was on CNN this morning. He said Michael didn't do it. Tommy didn't do it. He brought up the kids from New York..Bryant relative who claims some friends of his did it.....a claim that the court has already thrown out. At one time Kennedy was claiming Ken Littleton did it. Does anyone know, is Ken Littleton still alive? I thought he died but I can't find reference to his death. In rereading today, lots of accusations went on back and forth in Michael Skakels's trial about who did it...with lots of unsuccessful appeal avenues being followed subsequent to the conviction.
    Has Mark Furhman had any comment? Haven't been able to find any. Mickey Sherman was certainly believed to be a good attorney at that time...and certainly the family could have afforded whomever they wanted. This case has always fascinated me.
    Weird for this decision to come down so close to the anniversary of MM's death...and with at least Tommy deceased.....I suspect the Kennedy/Skakel powers are hoping the passage of time will work in their favor.

Well it's going to feel weird to be on this side of a case. I am always, it seems on the he/she/they are guilty side of it.

Not so much on this one. I believe there is, at the very least, reasonable doubt as to his guilt. I believe he was convicted of being a Kennedy, even though, of course he is not, he is Ethel Kennedys nephew.

Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    RFK, Jr. certainly is:

Robert F. Kennedy Jr., an environmental lawyer and cousin of Mr. Skakel’s who helped develop new evidence after Mr. Skakel was convicted, said he was happy with the decision. “A first-year law student from any of my classes would have done a better job than Mickey Sherman, who’s a very likable guy but was clearly interested — his ambition was to be a television lawyer and he thought this trial was going to be his ticket to that career,” he said. “He told a bar association meeting that he intended to have a lot of fun at that trial.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/24/ny...nnecticut.html
    RFK jr is an absolute marvel-he has, in the past, suggested that Martha Moxley was killed by a couple of boys who didn't reside in Greenwich, and not anyone from the Skakel family-minority boys that there is absolutely no proof had anything to do with her murder. How like a "privileged character" to make that claim-and yet, people of the "non-privileged class" just love the Kennedys! Can anyone explain to me how he (RFK jr) gets a pass on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoods View Post
    Or brought up reasonable doubt that Tommy could have done it. I actually think Tommy could have been the one as well, Hilda. He says he was with her, too. Heck, one of 'em did it, I wish we could lock them both up just to be safe.

I don't know if anyone has read Murder in Greenwich but it's worth reading if you're interested in the case.
    I've read that. It did lead me to believe Tommy was the more likely of the 2. What a circus of a horrible tragedy this is! I'm curious about the new evidence, though. Did I read that correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
    Still absorbing this and his **** eating grin....too much to take for me today. Grrrrrrr.
    This was sad news to hear.

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

Ø My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

If there's reasonable doubt, I think it's only logical for Michael Skakel to be granted a new trial.

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
    Sickening.

The legal wrangling over whether Kennedy cousin Michael Skakel should be set free began Thursday with a motion by his lawyers for a bail hearing and a promise by prosecutors to appeal a judge's decision to grant the convicted killer a new trial.

Skakel's lawyers filed a motion at Superior Court in Rockville requesting a bail hearing, during which Skakel could post bond and be released. A hearing date has not been set.

http://www.courant.com/news/connecti...,7930940.story
    And....

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...girl-slay?lite

But in Bishop's decision Wednesday, he slammed Sherman's efforts on behalf of Skakel.

"(The) defense counsel was in a myriad of ways ineffective," Bishop wrote in the decision obtained by The Hartford Courant newspaper.
    This is what concerns me about the recent motion Jodi Arias has filed against Nurmi.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...fense-attorney

The decision of the judge to overturn M. Skakel's conviction is almost unbelievable. Dear Dominick Dunne must be spinning in his grave. He did so much for Martha's case.

Also, please remember Martha's 81 year old mother. As might be expected, this is extremely difficult for her and she is elderly and fragile, but says she will be back in court " For Martha". Lord, how she loved/ loves her pretty little girl.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast