Mozilla's Lightbeam tool will expose who is looking over your shoulder on the web

SurfieTX

Reaction score
Users who activate Lightbeam will be able to see a real-time visualisation of every site they visit and every third-party that is active on those sites, including commercial organisations which might potentially be sharing your data.

Mozilla wants users who install the Lightbeam add-on to Firefox, to crowd-source their data, to produce the first “big picture” view of web tracking, revealing which third-parties are most active.

Lightbeam promises a “Wizard of Oz” moment for the web, “where users collectively provide a way to pull back the curtains to see its inner workings,” Mozilla claimed.

Mark Surman, Mozilla’s executive director, said: “It’s a stake in the ground in terms of letting people know the ways they are being tracked. At Mozilla, we believe everyone should be in control of their user data and privacy and we want people to make informed decisions about their Web experience.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...ng-over-your-shoulder-on-the-web-8902269.html

Sounded good at first then no, it's probably also a form of tracking for sales and whatnot. :)

You know I have a habit of not opening up certain links, and I never do the (like) etc. on anything. I am not a fan of surveys either, people have a tendency of saying things that are not true about themselves to make themselves feel better. I am not a very trusting person in my older age.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back