777 users online (74 members and 703 guests)  

Websleuths News

MN - She said, they said: A troubling abuse case

Back in march I thought I read a thread here about a terrible sexual abuse case that happen in Atkin county, Minnesota. I did try to search for but I had no luck. I am not very crafty at the searchign skills here on WS. If some finds please let me know an dI will delet this post and add to the original thread.

The reason I wan tto find it was there was a very very interesting articel this morning in the Minnapolis Star & Tribune.....it is very long I will post the link an djsut a small part of it but Iwould suggest anyone who had interest in this cae to read the whole thing.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5366871.html

She said, they said: A troubling abuse case

Larry Oakes Star Tribune Staff Writer April 25, 2005 AITKIN0425

AITKIN, MINN. -- The charges led local newscasts in March: 59 counts of sexual assault, terroristic threats and domestic abuse filed against the father, mother and uncle of a 23-year-old woman.

Daniel Rassier, 49, of Palisade, Minn., was charged with repeatedly raping his daughter. The complaint said he was often joined by his brother, William Rassier, 63, of Oakdale, who also was charged.

Daniel Rassier's wife, Sherri, 41, was charged with threatening to strangle her daughter if she didn't submit to the men and keep the family's dark secrets.

(read the rest at the link above)
    Misty

I could only read 1/2 of the article because for the 2nd part you have to register(UGH!) but its obvious there are some glaring "mistakes" in the diary so clearly it was written AFTER her leaving the home.........she could have written it after,from memory,OR she could be lying.Its a tough call.I personally dont think they should rely on the diary alone as "evidence" like they seem to be doing because ,like with the Leeann Womack concert,its a lie (Womack did not tour there when the diary says she did and its not like a day off mistake its a full YEAR).Im wondering if she had a medical exam because if she indeed had dangerous objects inside her there would be some forensic evidence which would bolster her claims.............Until I hear more I cant weigh an opinion but the diary,imo,being written AFTER moving out is suspicious.
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Messie, never register again. Go to www.bugmenot.com and they'll give you a password, etc. to get in.

This 23-year-old has made false accusations before and has been hospitalized at least twice for emotional problems. I think it's possible that these charges she's made against family members are manufactored rather than real.

It does sound as if the prosecutor's office did a very poor job of investigating before charges were filed.

I thougth the same as you, the previous false accusations from before make me wonder a bit also.
    Misty

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Messie, never register again. Go to www.bugmenot.com and they'll give you a password, etc. to get in.

Thank you Jeana!

I couldnt remember the name of that site!!!!

I couldnt read the "false accusations" part *BUT* if thats indeed true then the D.A,in all honesty,never should have filed these charges based on nothing but her statements.IF she was abused Im sorry but the statements of an unstable woman and an obviously manufactured diary are NOT evidence!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

I agree with the other posters here. The fact that she has made false accusations before, coupled with the sort of conspiracy of brutality of what she says her family did, makes it hard to believe. It sounds like the old satanic panic type of accusations to me.

Is there any physical evidence or someone to corroborate this horror show? "Letting the system sort it out" sounds more like these people's lives will be ruined by the accusations of an unstable woman.