GUILTY FL - Daniel Cliatt for student sex abuse, Cocoa, 2005

VespaElf

Little Miss Showcase(runner-up)
Reaction score
OMG!!!!!!!! He was caught because a fellow teacher walked in on him raping the boy!!!!!!!!

COCOA, Fla. -- Hundreds of students and teachers at Endeavour Elementary School in Brevard County are walking on campus Monday for the first time since learning of disturbing allegations against an instructor.

Daniel Cliatt
Cocoa police arrested a veteran teacher over the weekend and charged him with molesting a student nearly 100 times.

Daniel Cliatt, 29, is accused of a crime so heinous, for his first appearance deputies dressed him in a bulletproof vest. Wearing the vest with his hands shackled in front of him, Cliatt appeared before a judge for the first time Sunday, when he answered the judge's questions.

Cliatt is accused of raping a 13-year-old repeatedly after school, at school, every day for months...................

http://www.wftv.com/news/4411474/detail.html

"Cocoa police say the 29-year-old, 360-pound sixth grade teacher started by showing the boy *advertiser censored*, then moved to sex acts, almost 100 of them. That didn't stop until, police say, another teacher walked into Cliatt's classroom Friday after school."

Sound familiar? There's that "grooming" behavior...

That poor boy. I have a question though. Was this one of HIS students? 13 seems a bit old to be in 6th grade, although I suppose he may have been held back a grade.

How absolutely horrible! It's heartbreaking for this victim (and there may be others) and for his family.

As bold as this teacher was in his acts he must be considered a terrible risk to reoffend and must be well monitored whenever he's free in society again.

This child's life is OVER - he will NEVER recover from what has been done to him at the hands of this BEAST. There is no way this man can be punished enough! :furious:

LovelyPigeon said:
How absolutely horrible! It's heartbreaking for this victim (and there may be others) and for his family.

As bold as this teacher was in his acts he must be considered a terrible risk to reoffend and must be well monitored whenever he's free in society again.
Hopefully, he will not be in society again.....jmho of course!

LovelyPigeon said:

Why the he!! should he ever "be free in society" again? His actions will effect this boy for the rest of his life. The very least this bottom feeder should expect is life in prison.

Sally said:
Why the he!! should he ever "be free in society" again? His actions will effect this boy for the rest of his life. The very least this bottom feeder should expect is life in prison.
unfortunately this type of crime is not punishable by LWOP....lots of rapists get released back into society...I'm thinking we need to fight to have those laws changed. This man is a clear danger to society...sick beastard.

And why does it all happen in Florida?? :banghead:

Sunday, Cliatt appeared before a judge, who ordered bond set at $250,000. Cliatt wore a special vest because he's been placed under suicide observation.

Why oh why do we care if these monsters kill themselves?? It would sure save us a lot of time and money!!

lady-eowyn said:
Sunday, Cliatt appeared before a judge, who ordered bond set at $250,000. Cliatt wore a special vest because he's been placed under suicide observation.

Why oh why do we care if these monsters kill themselves?? It would sure save us a lot of time and money!!
I agree.

Brie, I have to disagree with you. The victim's life is NOT "over". He can certainly recover, and I have both hope and faith that he will.

I think that, whether we like it or not, this teacher will not be in prison on LWOP. He'll be back in society, but hopefully under much scrutiny since he's IMO exactly the type of person who's extremely likely to reoffend.

Teacher May Have Paid Young Students For Sexual FavorsApril 26, 2005
COCOA, Fla. -- More than 50 new charges have been filed against an Endeavour Elementary School teacher accused of raping and molesting students.

He may have also paid some of the students for sexual favors.Tuesday afternoon, two more children were interviewed after their parents called police suspecting sexual abuse. The number of confirmed or strongly suspected abuse victims stands at ten children.

--->>
http://www.wftv.com/news/4418662/detail.html

What a completely disgusting animal. I can't even bring myself to call him a man! He has taken an ultimate position of trust to harm young children, parents and his profession. :furious: I have heard many educators state that one of the hardest parts of their job is to get PARENTS to trust them. Here is a prime of example of why. I hope someone treats him to some vengeance in his cell. Yuk!

It is my opinion that they should remove his bio...painting himself as a "good teacher"......

Makes me more scared to send my daughter to Florida schools,it's bad enough we have to worry about the loose sex offenders that are on the registry roaming around here grabbing our kids,but now we have to worry about the teachers and bus driver's molesting them.

CinnamonGirl said:
Makes me more scared to send my daughter to Florida schools,it's bad enough we have to worry about the loose sex offenders that are on the registry roaming around here grabbing our kids,but now we have to worry about the teachers and bus driver's molesting them.
I truly believe that most teachers are very dedicated to our children. Unfortunately, any job that involves children will continue to draw predators. I once read an article about people who play the part of Santa Clause for the thrill of having kids squirming in their laps. It made me glad that I have never made my kids pose with Santa for the sake of a picture. They were always afraid of him anyway. I would encourage parents to think twice before forcing their kids to climb into a stranger's lap. It is fairly easy to get to know our kids' teachers. Simply make it a point to volunteer in their rooms and be there to monitor after school activities.

I have become more wary since moving to Florida and wouldn't let my daughter sit on the Easter bunny this year,just let her wave from a distance.I won't let her sit on any character's laps anymore.I never thought about it before until all the sexual offender stuff came out here and I heard that Disney had employed some sex offenders that were in character clothing.Now she just waves.It's really sad what has become of society,where you have to be so cautious of everything and everyone.I won't let her even say hello to men anymore,I am just so scared.

My ex husband (Noel's Dad) was very ill and inthe hospital for afew weeks last month - the local Church Pastor came to visit him serveral times to chat etc..

Robert said this guy kept asking about Noel, and suggesting she could come spend time with him (alone) while Rob was recovering. Robert declined the offer and was kind of creeped out. You would have to be out of your mind to let your kids go with virtual strangers just because they are from a church. :rolleyes:

edited to add: and even if it was an innocent offer - they should know that with the stuff that goes on today they should stay clear of being alone with kids

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back