718 users online (76 members and 642 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Convict Confesses Killing Danielle van Dam and JonBenet Ramsey

A convict reportedly confessed to the Danielle van Dam and JonBenet Ramsey murders, 10News.com in San Diego reported today, April 25, 2005.

"Serial rapist James Selby committed suicide in jail last October, but according to a Tucson, Ariz. newspaper, newly-leaked letters show that he confessed to van Dam's killing before his death. In the letters, Selby also admitted to several other crimes, including the unsolved murder of child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey."

David Westerfield was convicted of kidnapping and killing Danielle in 2002 and is now on death row.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrab
    A convict reportedly confessed to the Danielle van Dam and JonBenet Ramsey murders, 10News reported today, April 25, 2005.

"Serial rapist James Selby committed suicide in jail last October, but according to a Tucson, Ariz. newspaper, newly-leaked letters show that he confessed to van Dam's killing before his death. In the letters, Selby also admitted to several other crimes, including the unsolved murder of child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey."

David Westerfield was convicted of kidnapping and killing Danielle in 2002 and is now on death row.
    Thats almost as absurd as the BDI posts! (LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrab
    A convict reportedly confessed to the Danielle van Dam and JonBenet Ramsey murders, 10News reported today, April 25, 2005.

Which news source are you quoting? I'd love to read up on it.

When you read the last paragraph, it seems to show he was being sarcastic:

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/index.p...041905a5_selby

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Yeah, he was probably being sarcastic, however he was serving twenty for a Colorado rape, and was being looked at for crimes in San Diego at the time of his suicide.
    It's sad for his family , they claim he was fine, served in the Gulf war, received an honorable discharge after seven years .
    Somewhere on the net I saw a timeline, putting him in Colorado, discharged from the service there ,I believe in 1995, wandered as a transient until returning to his home in 1998.
    I doubt he wanted anything but recognition, perhaps he thought confessing to high profile crimes was his ticket. He seemed sick, too bad he didn't receive help after his war traumas.

Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat

Thats almost as absurd as the BDI posts

... but not nearly absurd as the IDI posts! I thought you IDI guys would be dancin in the streets with this wonderful news.

He Was in Boulder Dec., 1996?

He was in both places at those times(?) Finally hanged himself, probably not just to get media attention.

Anything's possible, you know. Too bad he didn't give any details to prove or disprove it. If we Googled the name, would we find some? Just bumping this up. Someone at www.SignOnSanDiego.com forum, or maybe it was www.CapitolGrilling.com forum back when missing persons discussions were allowed, had a very involved theory that Westerfield wasn't guilty. It was good but too complicated, and I knew nobody else would even read it. I think her hat may have been SanDiego. Don't know if it could be found in archives.

Dark Knight's link shows this article was dated 4-19-05, and a prosecutor said it's not "implausible", his claiming to have killed Danielle. There's evidently still some groups working on Westerfield's case. He could be innocent, isn't very charming and isn't good at defending himself.

I bet they didn't even get Selby's DNA ! Bumping this up. There may be more news about it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1
    He was in both places at those times(?) Finally hanged himself, probably not just to get media attention.

[...]

I bet they didn't even get Selby's DNA ! Bumping this up. There may be more news about it by now.
    http://wildcat.arizona.edu/papers/98/35/01_4.html

Superior Court Judge Howard Fell will sentence Selby on Nov. 22. Selby, who has already been sentenced to 20 years in Colorado on rape charges, will most likely spend the rest of his life in prison. The 37-year-old former soldier is also accused of attacks on women in Oklahoma, Nevada and California, all linked to him through DNA evidence.

Hmmm

His dna should be of record somewhere, perhaps in the national convicted sexual offender dna base. One would think that the BPD would be hot on this for some sort of match with JonBenet. HOWEVER, Dr. Ree say is na a dna caze.

People sure have a tendency to ruin their lives and those of the victims families, not to mention the deceased victims. Sad, very very sad.

Opinions expressed by me, are mine, based on life experience, and known facts of any given case.

"""I am just a pixel in the universal plan."""

Let's get back to the "bussiness" at hand...this fella is not worth our time.

If anybody here thinks David Westerfield is innocent is .....
    ...We have said to ourselves, look, there is never going to be a victory in this, there is no victory...John Ramsey: 6/24/98

Quote Originally Posted by Toltec

I wouldn't care to be in a group claiming Westerfield didn't do it, but there was that troubling evidence on insect activity and the body, which the jury had to ditch in order to convict...and there have been acquittals based on the same type evidence's showing beyond reasonable doubt that an accused could not have been at a crime scene. The Westerfield trial evidence on insect activity indicated he was under surveillance when the body was dumped. DNA evidence prevailed as I recall. But if the insect evidence was wrong, then there have been other possibly erroneous verdicts, including convictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Toltec

Yes, its pretty obvious that this crime was to "personal" to be done by someone without a close realtionship to JR.

David Westerfield knew the location of Danille's body, the plea agreement was all but signed for LWP if he disclosed this location when a volunteer searcher found the body by sheer coincidence. There is no chance that Westerfield is innocent.

It is all a game for anti death penalty appellate lawyers to try to find a technicallity or judicial error for which to reverse a case, it has nothing to do with guilt or innocence.

First Post...reading Websleuth for years

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina
    David Westerfield knew the location of Danille's body, the plea agreement was all but signed for LWP if he disclosed this location when a volunteer searcher found the body by sheer coincidence. There is no chance that Westerfield is innocent.

It is all a game for anti death penalty appellate lawyers to try to find a technicallity or judicial error for which to reverse a case, it has nothing to do with guilt or innocence.
    Newbie here...I have to agree with Sabrina here. Feldman and Westerfield were cookin up a deal to save his life. Not to mention what others have said on this thread, her blood/fingerprints in the RV. I didn't want to believe it was a "neighbor" in February 2002 either, but the evidence proved his guilt. This other guy ... ...I am glad he can't hurt anyone anymore.

Cassata

and.......I thought I never missed "anything"

http://www.cybersleuths.com/cgi-bin/...c&f=1&t=004863

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast