1192 users online (162 members and 1030 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Timeline of Events

I have asked several times before but I will ask again.

Does anyone who thinks that Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelley have a timeline of what they think happened that night? Do you have a summary (whether short or long) or theory of what happened that night?

I know CR has a great timeline/summary/theory of what she thinks happened that night but I'm curious to see what non supporters think.

TIA
    What you're dealing with is a horrendous crime. Three young boys murdered in cold blood. Just that alone upsets people. You look at the bodies and there are these savage injuries all over. It affects people emotionally and warps their judgement and then someone says, "Maybe it's satanic."

And they say, "Well the only type of person who would do this would be someone like that."

I agree with the timeline of events established by the evidence gathered in the official investigation and as presented at the trials, and I've not see anyone who supports to the convictions argue otherwise. I can't say I've ever seen it written out in timeline format though, but would be happy construct something along the lines of CR's timeline which you allude to if you could provide it for reference.
    The Master said, "In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself." Confucius, The Doctrine of the Mean, James Legge translation

Failure is an opportunity. If you blame someone else, there is no end to the blame. Therefore the Master fulfills her own obligations and corrects her own mistakes. She does what she needs to do and demands nothing of others. Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching, Stephen Mitchell translation

When I'm on my real computer and not a phone I can link you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What you're dealing with is a horrendous crime. Three young boys murdered in cold blood. Just that alone upsets people. You look at the bodies and there are these savage injuries all over. It affects people emotionally and warps their judgement and then someone says, "Maybe it's satanic."

And they say, "Well the only type of person who would do this would be someone like that."

I'm still interested in seeing that timeline you've praised if there's still a chance you might be able to provide a link to it.
    The Master said, "In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself." Confucius, The Doctrine of the Mean, James Legge translation

Failure is an opportunity. If you blame someone else, there is no end to the blame. Therefore the Master fulfills her own obligations and corrects her own mistakes. She does what she needs to do and demands nothing of others. Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching, Stephen Mitchell translation

Yes I will. Sorry, I have a 9 month old so it's hard for me to use a laptop, in always on my phone. I will do so tonight.

No worries, I'm in no rush and certainly understand having far more important matters to attend to.

Here is the thread to CR's theory
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147822"]My Theory - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I had just looked it up and was going to post the link myself! In the process, I reread what I had written. The only major difference between now and then is that I believe Jacoby was involved - maybe just in helping cover up the crime and maybe in the actual murders. There are other minor discrepancies, but they're simply not worth mention. Please remember that this is just my theory. I'm not saying that it's 100% correct, but I do believe it makes more sense than three teenagers out to sacrifice three children to Satan or even three teenagers intent on a thrill kill. Although I have only provided actual times sporadically, I believe that it's sufficient to follow the scenario. Finally, I reserve the right to change my mind if new evidence (or a compelling interpretation of old evidence) comes to light. Unlike the wmpd (who came up with a story and then tried to find evidence to support it instead of following the evidence), I continue to investigate to see if there is anything else available about this crime (technically, crimes) that would change my ideas. Currently, I still contend that Terry Hobbs is the primary candidate for the title of "child killer" and hope that he is thoroughly investigated.

I think it is well written. I have never seen a non write anything like it or similar or even a short summary.

Quote Originally Posted by missy_g View Post
    I think it is well written. I have never seen a non write anything like it or similar or even a short summary.

One of 2 things is likely to happen.

1. You will be referred to another website.

2. You will simply be referred to the evidence used to convict.

FWIW I can't stand that WMTruth website that just cites that untying the knot book that does use evidence to convict but is mostly opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by missy_g View Post
    Do you think what you liked to constant with the body of evidence, and have you seen the documentation she promised to provide? Regardless, I will put together something of a similar format to what you linked from CR because I've promised I would, but please understand it will take me considerable time and effort as writing narratives has never come easy for me, and I've other things to do as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kyleb View Post
    Do you think what you liked to constant with the body of evidence, and have you seen the documentation she promised to provide? Regardless, I will put together something of a similar format to what you linked from CR because I've promised I would, but please understand it will take me considerable time and effort as writing narratives has never come easy for me, and I've other things to do as well.
    I would just like to see another point of view from a non supporter. A "timeline" has never been put together (that I can find) from a non supporter before.

Surely you don't consider what you linked from CR to rightly be a timeline either though, do you? And which would you prefer, a chronological list of documented events along the lines this one at Wikipeida:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_American_Civil_Rights_Movement"]Timeline of the African-American Civil Rights Movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame],

Or would you rather a speculative narrative like what you linked from CR?

it's halloween. take a night off, pal.
    Hinky Dinky Parlez Vous!-Sleuthy Gal

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast