'We've reached the end of antibiotics'

attraversiamo

Reaction score
'We've reached the end of antibiotics': Top CDC expert declares that 'miracle drugs' that have saved millions are no match against 'superbugs' because people have overmedicated themselves

A high-ranking official with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has declared in an interview with PBS that the age of antibiotics has come to an end.

'For a long time, there have been newspaper stories and covers of magazines that talked about "The end of antibiotics, question mark?"' said Dr Arjun Srinivasan. 'Well, now I would say you can change the title to "The end of antibiotics, period.”'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ermedicated-themselves.html?printingPage=true

I think he suffers from a failure of the imagination.

While it's true that due to the principles of Darwinism, organisms morph to survive things that kill them, it doesn't mean that other things that kill them can't be invented or discovered. These aren't "superbugs". These are living creatures who have either mutated to be able to withstand certain toxins, or the ones that had the natural ability to survive the toxins have lived to procreate. That doesn't make them immune to other toxins.

Like people who are naturally immune to Chicken Pox aren't super human. They are a variant of our biological pool that happens to have some immunity that most other people don't have. They could still get cancer or HIV, though, for example.

I have also read the pharma companies have little to no interest in developing NEW antibiotics as there isn't much money in them (they are used for a few days to a few weeks, unlike other drugs that are used for years or forever).

'However, the CDC director explained that people have fueled the fire of bacterial resistance through rampant overuse and misuse of antibiotics.'
Peoples Doctors are the ones overmedicating them and not explaining how the medications should be used. People don't have access to antibiotics without Doctors scripts now do they Dr. Arjun Srinivasan.
That said, household antibacterial everything from soaps to wipes and everything in between that people control the purchase of, doesn't help us develop healthy immune system responses either. I'd say wake up people but apparently it's already too late.

The article says it is b/c of all the antibiotics fed to our food supply, our meats. Sounds more like a "Become a Vegetarian Now!" article, lol.

The news has discussed the over use of antibiotics for years. But, as kaRN said, only doctors can prescribe it. They do get over prescribed here either b/c the doc does not know what is wrong, or b/c the facility has MRSA and does not want you leaving with MRSA and dying. So, over prescribing is still a huge issue, even for those that don't go to the emergency room with a cold or flu.

Since traces of anti "bacterials" are in our food, in our body soaps, laundry detergents, and we have wipes and hand gels, also some in some of our toothpastes, not much we the public can do. Try not to purchase those products hard as you might, but they are in nearly everything now.

What can the public do?

The fact that meat is put in antibiotics is true. I remember there being a lot of debate on whether EU laws about it should change a few years ago because of antibiotics and hormones in meat.

Also, I don't see why people are so quick to blame the doctors. Yes many doctors are very incompetent, but many are not. Doctors struggle a lot with this problem, they'll prescribe antibiotics but then people think they're getting better and don't need them any more, so they stop instead of finishing the amount prescribed.

In fact, it's that misuse (as well as people indeed getting their hands on antibiotics without prescription, I know for a fact this happens and was especially common, especially up to a few years ago) that causes the most problems as far as I know.

I am probably guilty of over use of antibiotics, my husband & myself spend alot of time outside & encounter alot of ticks. I have taken antibiotics at least 3 times in the last 5-6 years.

I got cdifficile toxin after taking antibiotics, but feel that other medications being pushed and sold to the public helped. I took ambien for sleep which caused gerd. I didn't realize it was a side effect. Then I was given nexium for the gerd, which altered stmach acids. The medications, an antibiotic, then spending the day at a germy hospital with a relative set my body up to catch something.

Our injudicious use of meds is a real concern. Think of all the meds you take and then realize some of it gets into the sewer system. The wastewater treatment plant does not treat the wastewater for those chemicals, so those chemicals appear next in the surface waters, to be ingested by human and beast alike.

Backwood's is the colloidal silver the stuff that recently departed "papa smurf" was taking and made him turn blue?

The fact that meat is put in antibiotics is true. I remember there being a lot of debate on whether EU laws about it should change a few years ago because of antibiotics and hormones in meat.

I meant antibiotics are put in meat. D'oh! This is what I get for typing when I'm tired. :floorlaugh:

Backwood's is the colloidal silver the stuff that recently departed "papa smurf" was taking and made him turn blue?

I believe what he was taking actually is more properly termed ionic silver, rather than true colloidal silver, but many people do call that colloidal silver also.

And likely he would not have turned blue even with that (because ionic silver does have its uses) except that he was ingesting very large quantities over a long period of time.

I believe what he was taking actually is more properly termed ionic silver, rather than true colloidal silver, but many people do call that colloidal silver also.

And likely he would not have turned blue even with that (because ionic silver does have its uses) except that he was ingesting very large quantities over a long period of time.

So, does one ingest smaller quantities, over a shorter period of time, until one only becomes slightly off color?

The article says it is b/c of all the antibiotics fed to our food supply, our meats. Sounds more like a "Become a Vegetarian Now!" article, lol.

The news has discussed the over use of antibiotics for years. But, as kaRN said, only doctors can prescribe it. They do get over prescribed here either b/c the doc does not know what is wrong, or b/c the facility has MRSA and does not want you leaving with MRSA and dying. So, over prescribing is still a huge issue, even for those that don't go to the emergency room with a cold or flu.

Since traces of anti "bacterials" are in our food, in our body soaps, laundry detergents, and we have wipes and hand gels, also some in some of our toothpastes, not much we the public can do. Try not to purchase those products hard as you might, but they are in nearly everything now.

What can the public do?

Not become a vegetarian now - just an advocate for a return to natural farming practices, rather than the factory farming we have now. The reason the animals are given antibiotics in their feed? They're jammed into barns like sardines and never see the light of day. Sickness is rampant. You don't see antibiotic abuse like this in pastured animals.

Healthy, sustainable, pastured meat can be had. But it will take a huge adjustment. People want cheap meat; well, this is what you get with cheap meat.

Not become a vegetarian now - just an advocate for a return to natural farming practices, rather than the factory farming we have now. The reason the animals are given antibiotics in their feed? They're jammed into barns like sardines and never see the light of day. Sickness is rampant. You don't see antibiotic abuse like this in pastured animals.

Healthy, sustainable, pastured meat can be had. But it will take a huge adjustment. People want cheap meat; well, this is what you get with cheap meat.

Another problem going along with cheap meat is that people eat meat more frequently now than they used to - and more than the body needs. An interesting link to obesity. The meat/cattle industry is big bucks with big lobbyists.

A big factor in this is the over prescription of anti-biotics by lazy doctors who don't know their butt from third base- usually GPs- and their dispensing them for every little cough, sneeze or facial blemish. Dermatologists are especially bad in this. I went to one years ago for a facial thing I was concerned about. Visited three times and still couldn't get an answer as to what it was but boy did they prescribe the antibiotics. I stopped taking them because I was having reactions. Called the nurse to complain and they called back with another prescription- for another antibiotic!

Another problem going along with cheap meat is that people eat meat more frequently now than they used to - and more than the body needs. An interesting link to obesity. The meat/cattle industry is big bucks with big lobbyists.

And the meat that we have has more fat, and the Omega 3 to Omega 6 ratios are off, causing inflammation in the body. All of these things are tied together. It's crazy what the industrialization of food has caused, something which should have made lives healthier has quickly become a poison.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pandamom76
Back