Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: KS - Brad Cook, 22, Olathe KS October 20, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by dillysmom11 View Post
    I'm also inclined to think that a suicide would make sense. I wonder what the phone conversation was like with his girlfriend. I'm leaning towards a triangle of tragedy. MOO
    I'm wondering about that too. Even if one does turn out to be a suicide and the other foul play, I can't help but think that somehow they are related. Desoto is a small place. It's extremely likely that the two people who died knew each other.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Luzianne For This Useful Post:

If he had died from alcohol poisoning, would the results of the tests be back yet?
    Every murderer is someone's old friend ... Agatha Christie

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Confusion For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Confusion View Post
    If he had died from alcohol poisoning, would the results of the tests be back yet?
    No, not until the autopsy was completed and probably not until toxicology was back.

Wondering about article here:

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/3355...ok-found-dead/

Why does Brad's family have an attorney?

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Luzianne For This Useful Post:

I am baffled and surprised that LE can make a public statement so definitively that the cases are not related so early on in the investigation. They must have something to base this on. I would think LE would make a statement that they are "unsure if the cases are connected" until they can investigate further, as the autopsies have not even been conducted yet! There must be something else here we are not privy to. I wonder what that is, if this is the case.

I've heard investigators say in other cases that "there are no such thing as coincidences", but I have seen some crazy possible "coincidences" here at WS, so there is really no telling at this point, imo.

My first thought when all this unfolded is that someone was threatening his girlfriend, or something relating to his girlfriend.

As for my opinion at this time until more information is released, I think the coincidences are quite unsettling. White male in their 20's, the bars, the timing, the proximity of the locations....jmo.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to margarita25 For This Useful Post:

Interesting article about the second death, with some information I hadn't seen before. Says that the guy (a cook at JT's Sports Bar) gave a guy who had been drinking a ride home to the apartments where the body was found because it was raining he didn't want the guy to walk home. He said he just dropped him off and that's the last time he saw him.

Then the article says that police removed a door knob from an apartment in the back. It had blood on it. The people who live there said it looked like the victim was trying to get help, but they would have already been in bed.

http://kctv.membercenter.worldnow.co...de-soto-deaths

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Luzianne For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Luzianne View Post
    Interesting article about the second death, with some information I hadn't seen before. Says that the guy (a cook at JT's Sports Bar) gave a guy who had been drinking a ride home to the apartments where the body was found because it was raining he didn't want the guy to walk home. He said he just dropped him off and that's the last time he saw him.

Then the article says that police removed a door knob from an apartment in the back. It had blood on it. The people who live there said it looked like the victim was trying to get help, but they would have already been in bed.

http://kctv.membercenter.worldnow.co...de-soto-deaths
    Link to JT's Bar and Grill for reference re: operating hours, etc.:
    http://www.jtsgrill.com/

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to margarita25 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Luzianne View Post
    No, not until the autopsy was completed and probably not until toxicology was back.

Wondering about article here:

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/3355...ok-found-dead/

Why does Brad's family have an attorney?
    Slightly o/t, but I was just wondering about this today in Kimberly Lindsey's case, when it was mentioned in a news video:
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225378"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225378[/ame]

*in Kimberly's case there was also some phrasing in that video along the lines of the family being advised not to speak out, IIRC...

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to margarita25 For This Useful Post:

Just saw this on FB posted a few days after he disappeared, makes you think it wasn't the gf, maybe something else happened.

Brad Cook if your out there and can see Facebook we don't care about what happen and will put it all behind us we just want u to come back. Love ya brother

16. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rayf For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
    The only possibility other than suicide(that I can think of off the top of my head) I guess would be an accidental death of some sort.. The family just seemed so very adamant that there was nothing remotely indicating that Brad was depressed, upset, or in any way whatsoever distressed in the least.. His having been face to face with dad all day, afterward out with several friends, and then returned home by 10pm to his sister who he shared a home with.. Along with the fact that he spoke on the phone with his girlfriend within mere moments of his leaving his residence for the last time..

All of these people had extremely close contact and interaction with Brad throughout the entire day, evening, night all the way up until he left out of his home...yet nothing whatsoever to indicate in any way that Brad was depressed, distraught, or distressed in the least..not to mention to the level that would lead to his taking his own life that very night...????...

I'm just baffled and all I can think is that there is so very much more to this than what is publicly known.. Which I understand and do not in any way begrudge the family for their possibly withholding some of the pertinent info that would much better explain the how/why this young man chose to end his life(*IF* that is indeed the case..suicide vs accidental death).. And its quite likely that we will never know..which I, too understand..

But until there is a positive confirmation that it is suicide I will still look at the possibility of some sort of accidental death.. I know that sounds far fetched, but in looking at what we do know and the fact that it was so very very out of character for him to have just left his pride and joy, custom crafted Harley unattended and unlocked on a sidewalk..well, IMO in knowing that he had spent the better part of the day sports bar hopping(tho, nothing reported about alcohol intake).. I can see a possible scenario of Brad having been under the influence..this leading to the uncharacteristic and abrupt leaving his home with NONE OF HIS MOST BASIC NECESSARY BELONGINGS..his peeling out and taking off uncharacteristically without letting anyone know why/where.. His abandoning of the Harley..<<---- IMO all of these behaviors *could* make better sense in knowing that he was under the influence..

From there I have No particular theories on how he met an accidental death while on foot after leaving behind his Harley.. But I know there are indeed various different ways in which an intoxicated individual does meet with accidental death when out on foot.. Idk,.. I guess I will just have to wait and see what we finally learn is the confirmed manner of death for Brad..suicide vs accidental death..

All jmo..

**beachlover-- I am so sorry that your family was treated with such disrespect publicly at the time of you all dealing with your loved one's tragic death.. That saddens me..as well as angers me..the way in which some are treated with such harshness in such an overwhelmingly already difficult time
    Thank you!!! That means so much to me!! (((Hugs))))
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beachlvr0810 For This Useful Post:

Brad's sister did make this statement below though. It appears the phone call before he left set him off possibly.

snipped

"My search started five minutes after he left," said Cook's sister Erin Fitzgerald. "I just called everybody in his phone book and started asking questions."

Fitzgerald said she knew something was wrong the minute her brother walked out the door.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/kansas-city...#ixzz2jQL8FeIR

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Know? For This Useful Post:

Just got off the phone with a credible source from DeSoto & while I can't say much because of TOS, it's my opinion that there's much more to the story and suicide was most likely not a factor.

wow...anxious to hear more.

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lillygator For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MzAlexis View Post
    Just got off the phone with a credible source from DeSoto & while I can't say much because of TOS, it's my opinion that there's much more to the story and suicide was most likely not a factor.
    This sure doesn't square with le statement that "investigation of this matter does not reveal any criminal activity" Strange wording but definitely leads away from homicide.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bwt42 For This Useful Post:

Trying to keep an open mind, I decided to start with recent crimes in the area. Here's one earlier this year. It's under 4 miles from the Brad's and this last man's. Haven't checked if it has been solved yet.

Body of Missing Kansas Man Found in Refrigerator

Posted on: 1:47 pm, April 23, 2012, by Sarah J. Clark, updated on: 09:23pm, April 23, 2012

snipped

At this time, investigators have not determined a cause of death, but are describing the death as suspicious.

(of course this is just one article, but I'm left with "ya think? I'm not sure how many suspicious deaths have the person hopping in a fridg and closing it for pick up on bulky and brush day...)

http://fox4kc.com/2012/04/23/body-of...-refrigerator/

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Know? For This Useful Post:

There have been several 'odd' incidents in the area over the last few years. Definitely not the things you'd expect from a relatively safe community.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MzAlexis For This Useful Post:

This article was updated this evening. Appears LE is still leaning towards no foul play in Brad's case, but are unsure about the other man.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/23846546/...de-soto-deaths

From the article
    "Family and friends of 21-year-old Jordan MacDonald said detectives have informed them that he is the man found dead on Wednesday.

MacDonald was last seen working as a cook at JT's Bar and Grill on Tuesday night. He was found dead in an open field at 85th and Ottawa streets that sits between JT's and an apartment building that stands alone on a street lined with single-family homes."

And

"While MacDonald's family said police have a suspect in custody, the sheriff's office has not confirmed the information"

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MzAlexis For This Useful Post:

We have arrested Dustin Maynard for the murder of Jordan MacDonald in De Soto in the early morning hours of October 30th. Deputies have been investigating this case since Jordan's body was discovered at about 8:00 a.m. on October 30th. We want to thank the many people we talked to about this case for the information they provided to us. Our hearts go out to the family of Jordan MacDonald.
    https://www.facebook.com/JOCOSheriff?hc_location=stream
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

The door to Maynard's apartment was covered in black dust used to check for fingerprints. A hole sat beneath the deadbolt where a doorknob once was.

"They just told me I might want to get a new doorknob," Maynard said, when asked why investigators took it.

Maynard said he was at JT's Tuesday night until the place closed at midnight and he had asked MacDonald for a ride home. He said the cook dropped him off at his door and that was the last he saw of him.

The above quote is from this video http://www.kctv5.com/story/23846546/...de-soto-deaths

He asked him for a ride home and then killed him?

This must be his Facebook page (Dusty/Dustin Maynard) https://www.facebook.com/dusty.maynard.1

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luzianne For This Useful Post:

Closing up business might also mean clearing out cash registers for a drop to the bank. Just thinking of motives here. From the video the apt building was right across the street from the JT Bar. Kinda nuts to leave the car there, as well as his body. But real life is stranger than fiction it appears.
    Fibromyalgia Fog at it's finest! Temporary loss of vocabulary may occur at any time.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

Could he have hit a speed bump and flew off the bike and died out there in that field?

Im sorry I cant see this young man killing himself!

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Obviously, suicide is a likely factor...but IMO it seems like he had a lot going for him. I know it happens, but I'm just at a loss for words I guess. Most of all, I'm hoping his family gets answers.

As for what I posted earlier (thank goodness for TOS) I am now inclined to believe the info I was told relates to the 2nd man that was found.

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MzAlexis For This Useful Post:

Al the reasons I named earlier pointing to his frame of mind. Add his brothers comment on facebook saying come home all can be forgiven. Since his body was found, no push by family for answers. All of this leads to one obvious conclusion.

46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bwt42 For This Useful Post:

We may not want to believe that Brad committed suicide, I will have to accept it. It seems his family are moving ahead with services.

Brad Cooks Obit

http://www.amosfamily.com/2013/11/bradley-c-cook

I also don't see any pleas for help in finding out what happened on the Bring Brad Cook Home FB site: jmo

https://www.facebook.com/BringBradHome

48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jewels53 For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast