8-year-old girl's scalp ripped by bullies

noZme

Reaction score
CARROLL COUNTY, Ga. — The family of an 8-year-old Carroll County student said she was bullied so severely she had to be taken to the emergency room. Kids had pulled her hair so hard her scalp ripped. Her head was shaved bald to avoid infection.

Her family said her schoolmates picked on her for two straight weeks because she got hair extensions. Doctors said the little girl may never grow hair on the injured part of her scalp again and may need skin grafts. Aolani's mother and even strangers who learned of the story on Facebook have shaved their heads so she doesn't feel alone.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/family-8-year-old-girls-scalp-ripped-bullies/nbbfK/

That's appalling and disturbing beyond words!

How did no one see this going on? is there no supervision on the playground? Hallways? WTH?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

That is really early start for bullying. This is worse than bullying. I would not be surprised if these bullies have parents who are bullies themselves.

These bullies are no doubt budding psychopaths. I see future serial killer, rampage killer, or terrorist. :eek:

That is really early start for bullying. This is worse than bullying. I would not be surprised if these bullies have parents who are bullies themselves.

These bullie are no doubt budding psychopaths. I see future serial killer, rampage killer, or terrorist. :eek:

Lots of kids are bullies for lots of reasons.
In my experience both as a therapeutic foster parent, parent and in my own youth... I believe it oftentimes starts at home. Many parents view the bulling behavior displayed by siblings toward each other as "normal" or "normal sibling rivalry" and tend to minimize its effects or take a hands off approach. To me, it's not normal, shouldn't be tolerated at all and should be considered serious each and every time it occurs.
Sometimes it's the parents that are the bullies.
IMO it's not that difficult to teach children to be kind to one another. That is not acceptable to be deliberately mean to one another. It needs to be taught and modeled in the home and the tools given that promote productive solutions and acceptable negotiations. parents need to mediate and do the work... And so do the teachers.

The expression poop runs downhill is so true.

I would be in jail if this were my child. I would have whipped some serious azz. Minors or not.

:behindbar

CARROLL COUNTY, Ga. — The family of an 8-year-old Carroll County student said she was bullied so severely she had to be taken to the emergency room. Kids had pulled her hair so hard her scalp ripped. Her head was shaved bald to avoid infection.

Her family said her schoolmates picked on her for two straight weeks because she got hair extensions. Doctors said the little girl may never grow hair on the injured part of her scalp again and may need skin grafts. Aolani's mother and even strangers who learned of the story on Facebook have shaved their heads so she doesn't feel alone.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/family-8-year-old-girls-scalp-ripped-bullies/nbbfK/

This is horrifying

Headline needs to change and read 8yr old girl was ASSAULTED
What happened to her was beyond bullying..she was physically attacked.

Lots of kids are bullies for lots of reasons.
In my experience both as a therapeutic foster parent, parent and in my own youth... I believe it oftentimes starts at home. Many parents view the bulling behavior displayed by siblings toward each other as "normal" or "normal sibling rivalry" and tend to minimize its effects or take a hands off approach. To me, it's not normal, shouldn't be tolerated at all and should be considered serious each and every time it occurs.
Sometimes it's the parents that are the bullies.
IMO it's not that difficult to teach children to be kind to one another. That is not acceptable to be deliberately mean to one another. It needs to be taught and modeled in the home and the tools given that promote productive solutions and acceptable negotiations. parents need to mediate and do the work... And so do the teachers.

The expression poop runs downhill is so true.

Bullying is a vicious cycle. You are right, a lot of bullying starts with sibling or parental bullying.

These bullies are no doubt budding psychopaths. I see future serial killer, rampage killer, or terrorist. :eek:

not too early anymore. bullying is starting even earlier. my daughter was bullied in 1st grade and I nearly had to get a restraining order taken out because the girl was not only in her class but a neighbor. ETA...the school would do NOTHING because they never saw anything happen. that seems to be the common stance of most schools...if we don't see it, we don't do a damn thing.

a nice little threat which included "I am highly armed and those kids better not step foot on my property" to the off her rocker grandmother raising the kid and her psychopath brother did the trick.

I do not remember bullying this young when I was growing up. first I witnessed it was jr. high. :/

That's appalling and disturbing beyond words!

How did no one see this going on? is there no supervision on the playground? Hallways? WTH?

bullies are very clever. they know how to work "they system". based on my experience (this may not be at other schools) of having a daughter in 2 different schools, their homeroom teachers do not go out to recess/lunch w/ the class. there are usually school aids "supervising" recess & lunch. at her new school, a charter school, there are aids and parent volunteers and they actually SUPERVISE the kids. her last school there was no supervision, so the bullies took advantage of it. if the teachers don't see it, the bullies get away with it until something horrifying like this happens - physical evidence. ugh.

not too early anymore. bullying is starting even earlier. my daughter was bullied in 1st grade and I nearly had to get a restraining order taken out because the girl was not only in her class but a neighbor.

a nice little threat which included "I am highly armed and those kids better not step foot on my property" to the off her rocker grandmother raising the kid and her psychopath brother did the trick.

I do not remember bullying this young when I was growing up. first I witnessed it was jr. high. :/

In my days, bullying started in late elementary to middle school. Sadly, you are right, it is starting earlier.

Interesting you mention your daughter's bully being raised by her grandmother. I wonder what happened to their parents.

In my days, bullying started in late elementary to middle school. Sadly, you are right, it is starting earlier.

Interesting you mention your daughter's bully being raised by her grandmother. I wonder what happened to their parents.

the mother is a meth head in and out of jail....and has about 6 kids by different fathers. all fathers are not in the picture. the grandmother looks homeless, as she doesn't take care of her appearance nor the kid's appearance. I live in a nice area and they are just out of place. I believe she receives $$ from her ex husband who is well off.

the brother has literal psychopath behaviors and I have had to call the police 2 times because I witness him being violent outside at their house - including whipping his sister with an extension chord. I wont even get into the crap he had tried with my daughter a couple of years back - before I threatened them to stay away.

the kids are no longer in public schools and are being homeschooled by the grandmother. when I talked to her nicely the first time, she dismissed me by saying her grandkids were well behaved loving children. denial helps nobody, especially those kids.

sounds sad, but I keep expecting to find out one day they have done something horrible to the grandmother. not sure how she still has them....but she has a way with words that maybe she can talk CPS/the cops out of doing anything.

soooooooo w/ that said, I believe bullying is a product of the kid's home environment mixed with some emotional/mental issues.

the mother is a meth head in and out of jail....and has about 6 kids by different fathers. all fathers are not in the picture. the grandmother looks homeless, as she doesn't take care of her appearance nor the kid's appearance. I live in a nice area and they are just out of place. I believe she receives $$ from her ex husband who is well off.

the brother has literal psychopath behaviors and I have had to call the police 2 times because I witness him being violent outside at their house - including whipping his sister with an extension chord. I wont even get into the crap he had tried with my daughter a couple of years back - before I threatened them to stay away.

the kids are no longer in public schools and are being homeschooled by the grandmother. when I talked to her nicely the first time, she dismissed me by saying her grandkids were well behaved loving children. denial helps nobody, especially those kids.

sounds sad, but I keep expecting to find out one day they have done something horrible to the grandmother. not sure how she still has them....but she has a way with words that maybe she can talk CPS/the cops out of doing anything.

soooooooo w/ that said, I believe bullying is a product of the kid's home environment mixed with some emotional/mental issues.

No surprise that they are a product of a highly dysfunctional family with a non-existent mother and father. Was the brother attacking your daughter's bully?

The son sounds like a potential Eric Harris, Ted Bundy, or Osama bin Laden. Budding psychopaths that they are in their youths.

I agree that bullying is a product of environment and psychological issues. Almost every bullying case I have noticed, the bully came from a broken down family and had poor relationship with parent(s) and/or sibling(s). Substance abuse and abuse by parent(s) and/or sibling(s) are common factors.

I was definitely bullied at 8 years old, but the physical assault started in middle school. In early elementary school I've had to deal with everything ranging from kids making fun of my shirt, to sexual harassment, but nothing as extreme as having my hair pulled out.

What a darling little girl. How can other kids do this?

A bit O/T re unsafe trampoline use. Backyard video showed:
-- No net-enclosure.
-- 6 people jumping on trampoline
at same time
The girl, 2 adults (mom & aunt w shaved heads) plus 3 other kids. Combined weight = ?
-- only ~½ the springs were safety padded.
-- frame wobbled, imo, because of improper installation on uneven ground or overload.

Many trampoline user guides online show 150-250 lb weight limits, some 300-350 lb., and only more expensive trampolines ($2000+) had higher limits, up to 400-450 lbs.

US trampoline injuries treated in ERs:
-- nearly 98,000 in 2009, w. ~3100 hospitalized,* or
-- 88,563 annual average during 2000-2005, totaling 531,378.**
Three-fourths of injuries occur when multiple jumpers play together.

I hope jumpers in video will start following safety guidelines and not end up visiting ER.
And I hope this little girl won’t be assaulted and battered anymore.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* “American Academy of Pediatrics continues to advise against recreational trampoline use, a position it has taken since 1977.…Nearly 98,000 people were injured on trampolines in 2009, 3,100 of them seriously enough to be hospitalized, … Dr. Briskin reiterated. She advised parents to enforce a one-person, one-trampoline rule, since three-fourths of injuries occur when multiple jumpers play together.”
“Other safety rules include using safety pads on the trampoline’s frame, which can soften falls; adult supervision,…”
Sept 25, 2012 http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/25/trampoline-injuries-down-but-caution-urged/?_r=0
** “… Rhode Island Hospital and Brown Medical School Injury Prevention Center found that trampoline-related injuries more than doubled in the decade leading up to the publication of the study in June 2007 in “Academic Emergency Medicine.” Between 2000 and 2005, 531,378 trampoline-related injuries were logged at emergency rooms in the U.S., an average of 88,563 each year. Of these, 95 percent happened on home trampolines. Although following manufacturer usage recommendations and weight restrictions can help prevent some of these injuries, it is the opinion of the the American Academy of Pediatrics that trampolines never be used at home, school or on outdoor playgrounds.”
http://www.livestrong.com/article/356680-the-weight-limit-of-a-trampoline/#ixzz2j92WR1ZT
The above one-jumper at a time and safety pad use rules are repeated in undated Q & A
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/trampoline-exercise/AN01570.

bullies are very clever. they know how to work "they system". based on my experience (this may not be at other schools) of having a daughter in 2 different schools, their homeroom teachers do not go out to recess/lunch w/ the class. there are usually school aids "supervising" recess & lunch. at her new school, a charter school, there are aids and parent volunteers and they actually SUPERVISE the kids. her last school there was no supervision, so the bullies took advantage of it. if the teachers don't see it, the bullies get away with it until something horrifying like this happens - physical evidence. ugh.

This is true. It wasn't until my daughter actually had bruises from a girl who would punch her back in line every day that the teachers believed her. She would tell me every day that A..... was punching her while they were in line for lunch, and I kept asking "Well what did the teacher do?" And "Nothing" was always the reply.

When she came home with a bruised back, you better believe I was down at her school the next morning, and MADE the principal look at the marks on my child.

Since then, I have told her to always find a teacher and TELL if that happens, and if the teacher blows it off (and they often do), then go to the office and demand that they call ME. 'Cause nobody in that office wants me down there. Lol, but not really.

I may be crazy mom, but nobody hits and bruises MY child. Nobody.

not too early anymore. bullying is starting even earlier. my daughter was bullied in 1st grade and I nearly had to get a restraining order taken out because the girl was not only in her class but a neighbor. ETA...the school would do NOTHING because they never saw anything happen. that seems to be the common stance of most schools...if we don't see it, we don't do a damn thing.

Happened to me in 4th grade in the 1960's.

It started happening to me in the 5th grade. A pack of girls shoved me in a class room and wouldn't let me out until i missed my bus. I was a afraid to call my mother because she had no way to get me. I cried until a teacher felt sorry for me and took me home. My mom beat me to an inch of my life for missing the school bus and was warned that i had better never do it again. Of course i lived in terror that the mean girls would do it to me again, so i hid in the library until my bus came every day after that for two solid years.

I was bullied from around that time until my family moved and I was able to go to another middle school and high school. Once when in the 4th grade when my mom chaperoned a field trip, she saw some of the bullying, so when she said something about it to the teacher, she was told she was making it up.

Lucky me. When I got bullied my mom told me I'd better beat their @zz or when I got home she was going to beat mine. I was a really small, quiet kid.

I had to ride my bike to school alone, about 3-5 miles. I was about 11 maybe. This girl lived half way there and would ambush me. School did nothing about it. This went on for months.

Finally one day, she hit me at school and came after me and wouldn't let me go and I bit the hell out of her. Well she started screaming. We were brought to the principals office where she continues to scream " She BIT me, She bit me", and I said " You're damn right I did and if you ever mess with me again, it will be even worse."

well, she left me alone after that. :D

(I do remember seeing her after that and giving her a big ole smartazz smile showing all of my teeth, but she left me alone.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back