894 users online (132 members and 762 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light

WI - Brayden Turnbill, 5, dies of head injuries, mom's BF charged, 22 Oct 2013

I went to school with this mom. This is so incredibly sad.

I searched the bf's record and it's lengthy....

We're learning more today about the murder of a 5 year old boy in Sun Prairie.

5-year-old Brayden Turnbill died Thursday due to an alleged abuse incident at a home on Barrington Circle.

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/...229140331.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Father and brother of Brayden Turnbill charged with sexual assault in a separate case on Monday. WTF????

Anthony Turnbill, 35, of Madison, is charged with repeated sexual assault of a child. His son, Tyler Turnbill, 17, of Madison, is charged with two counts of repeated sexual assault of the same child and second-degree sexual assault of a child.

They were in Dane County Court for an initial appearance Monday morning and were released on a signature bond. Turnbill tried to ask a judge to keep the case out of the media.

"My son has just passed away and we're still going through all of this and these accusations are being brought up," Anthony Turnbill told a Judge Monday. "It's just ridiculous and I can't believe what's going on here."

http://www.channel3000.com/news/fath...n/-/index.html

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

wth? this is bizarre

WTH is going on in this world. The dad 35 along with his 17 year old son PLEASE PLEASE get these people off of our streets.

I'm just sick right now.
    Don't mind the misspellings.

What an awful story all around!

It's almost unbelievable that these two totally unrelated incidents happened at the same time within the same family (though I've been reading here long enough to know that unfortunately it is more common than anyone would ever like to believe). I feel for all the children involved. Poor Brayden to endured so much in such a short amount of time.

I believe I know who the mom is (S?). I know some of the extended family too if it is who I am thinking it is.

O/T Hopeful One but we probably know a lot of the same people if the mom is who I believe she is. I graduated from East a year later but had a lot of friends from the school S graduated from.

IMO they should not be out on bond.
    These kimd of people need to be punishment just as a dog would be punished for attacking a child.

Sorry if offened anyone all JMO
    Don't mind the misspellings.

Quote Originally Posted by Davia18 View Post
    IMO they should not be out on bond.
    These kimd of people need to be punishment just as a dog would be punished for attacking a child.

Sorry if offened anyone all JMO
    I totally agree with you - the court system is so screwy. We let people out who should be kept in and keep people in who should be let out. I will never understand it.

State not sharing details in child abuse case.

Thus far, Dane and Green county human services officials have referred questions about any CPS involvement to the state Department of Children and Families. But family members tell us there was contact, both in connection to custody issues and sexual assault allegations against Brayden's father, Anthony Turnbill.

Speaking after his court appearance on sexual assault charges, Turnbill told WISC-TV Monday that he'd had contact with CPS about his son.

http://sunprairie.channel3000.com/ne...ild-abuse-case

Justice for Travis

Brayden's father said he hasn't seen him in a couple of years.

At first I wondered if Brayden's mother could have possibly spurred the sexual assault charges to keep dad from getting custody, but it doesn't appear dad was trying very hard.

A Madison man has been charged with first-degree reckless homicide is the death of a 5-year-old.

A criminal complaint released Wednesday said Brayden Turbill's mother, Shannon, found the boy in the basement of a Sun Prairie home on Oct. 22 not breathing and with bruises and marks on his chest. He died Oct. 24 from his injuries. The complaint states that Turnbill died from blunt force trauma to the head.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/man-...w/-/index.html

Justice for Travis

WISC-TV has learned the family of a 5-year-old alleged child abuse victim was blocked from donating his organs.

The Dane County District Attorney's Office confirms they filed a restraining order in the matter.

Dane County Medical Examiner's Director of Operations Barry Irmen said this is the first time in the state that this has happened, and that his office and the DA's office got a judge to block the organ donation to preserve evidence.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/fami...k/-/index.html

Justice for Travis

May 2015:

A Madison man pleaded guilty Tuesday to misdemeanor fourth-degree sexual assault and two counts of child neglect involving a girl who had told police she was repeatedly sexually assaulted by the man and his son.

His son, Tyler Turnbill, 19, of Madison, pleaded guilty on May 18 to third-degree sexual assault, misdemeanor fourth-degree sexual assault and misdemeanor battery...
    Tyler Turnbill was placed on three years of probation for the two misdemeanor charges, but was not sentenced on the third-degree sexual assault charge.

http://m.host.madison.com/wsj/news/l...56f105a00.html

September 2015:
    A Madison man has been found guilty of killing a 5-year-old Sun Prairie boy.

A jury returned its verdict on Thursday for 25-year-old Dakota Black. Black pleaded not guilty to killing his girlfriend's son, Brayden Turnbill, two years ago.

The boy's death was ruled a homicide from a brain injury caused by child abuse.
    http://www.nbc15.com/news/headlines/...vice=phone&c=y

Brayden+11.jpg
    Rest in peace, Brayden.