MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
http://fox17online.com/2013/04/27/norton-shores-police-looking-for-missing-woman/#axzz2Rh8KOqEk
jessica-heeringa.jpg

"NORTON SHORES, Mich- The Norton Shores Police Department is investigating a missing person which occurred in late evening hours of April 26, 2013 at the Exxon Mobil gas station located at 1196 E. Sternberg Rd. Around 11:15 p.m. Norton Shores Police officers were dispatched to the gas station on a suspicious activity report. Customers called 911 after entering the store to find no employees present. The employee scheduled to be working, Jessica Heeringa, was not able to be located.
Contact has been made with friends and family of 25 year old Jessica Heeringa but as of April 27, 2013 at 2:00 pm Jessica has not been located.
Jessica is described as a white female, 25 years old, 5’1 tall, approximately 110 lbs., blond shoulder length hair, and blue eyes. Jessica is also known to wear wired rim glasses. She may be wearing a blue collared shirt saying “Sternberg Exxon”.
Anyone who may have witnessed suspicious activity near the Exxon Mobil gas station is asked to contact Silent Observer at 231-72-CRIME
call_skype_logo.png
231-72-CRIME (231-722-7463
call_skype_logo.png
231-722-7463) or call 911."

936415_576999048987100_65449273_n.png

Suspect sketch

bilde

Media & Map thread

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Link to article discussing fake sketch: http://www.wzzm13.com/story/local/2013/05/01/1598280/

Scanner Thread for Jessica

Media & Map thread

Call
Send SMS
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

A few reminders...

We do not have any POI's or Suspects named in this case. We will not discuss anyone in this manner until or unless LE does name a POI or suspect.

We are a victim friendly site, the family (including the boyfriend) are victims. No bashing, sleuthing or talking about them in a suspicious manner.

Rumors are not allowed. If you are stating something as fact, link to it. You can discuss what is known in main stream media and from law enforcement. You can speculate with what is known at this time only, no wild rumors or speculation.

Posting or discussing comments from FB or news pages are not allowed.You can suggest checking out the comments section or FB, but it is considered rumor and not discussible here.

Sex Offenders
It is illegal to use the sex offender registry information to harass anyone. We would never condone that at Websleuths. However, it is okay if, when a child goes missing or is harmed, we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim. Never even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting here about a sex offender should always be within the law.

Ima

It seems odd to me that they did not do searches since she was taken away in a vehicle. I understand that they would have no idea where to look... but are not MOST of the missing taken away in a vehicle? Unless you have the cases where someone is nabbed off a hiking trail, or maybe a child grabbed and pulled into a house... pretty much the rest are taken away in a vehicle.
That said... I truly have no idea where they would start looking either, although I expect (assuming she is deceased, which sadly I think is the case) that she is not far from where she was taken..

I agree cebee. I think a search still should have been done despite the suspicion that she was taken away in a vehicle. Police keep saying that they hold out the hope that she is alive which I feel is good but for some reason I do believe that she is deceased as well. Also a strange thing is that it is believed that she was taken by somebody she knew but IMO she was taken by a stranger who was just waiting for his opportunity. Oh and was there no camera at the gas station?

Have a good halloween everyone. Here in the Los Angeles area something is happening now that happened recently in west Michigan. Body parts started showing up in various places and they are found to belong to the same body. LE has determined that when this happens someone has put an intact body down a manhole into the waste system. On the way to where it is treated waste is broken up and thus the intact body does not pass through the system. Have the body parts in Michigan been tested for DNA against the people recently missing in Michigan.?

Bringing forward cluciano's post from the last thread:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9936200&postcount=999

"I can't even imagine where searches should take place in this case. It is mid-boggling, if she was in fact taken away in a vehicle, as seems to be the case (van or otherwise), how to even begin? It seems such a daunting task."

LE has said the same thing. I want to go back to the beginning as soon as I get a chance to see what is posted re: possible areas to be searched. I know I along with others noted some possible areas...Will post whatever I come across.

Bringing forward cluciano's post from the last thread:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9936200&postcount=999

"I can't even imagine where searches should take place in this case. It is mid-boggling, if she was in fact taken away in a vehicle, as seems to be the case (van or otherwise), how to even begin? It seems such a daunting task."

LE has said the same thing. I want to go back to the beginning as soon as I get a chance to see what is posted re: possible areas to be searched. I know I along with others noted some possible areas...Will post whatever I come across.

Thank you! The case does seem a little bit overwhelming...

That seems like a really good place to search! I really wish I had the opportunity to do so, but I would have to travel half way around the earth to get there and I don't have that kind of money!

But I really appreciate how dedicated you are :tyou:
Sometimes Jessica's thread has been eerily quiet. It's nice to see that ppl still care.

I would imagine the lights were turned off in the back because she was preparing to close up. OR the perp flipped the switch as he grabbed her at the back door, to keep from being seen more easily. I also assume the switch would be right inside the back door, makes sense to me.

My guess is that this was someone she was acquainted with, maybe someone who was stalking her. She could have recognized them by sight but did not know them well.

As for searches, it's possible that LE has done some searches without the public's knowledge, in the most likely areas. They generally don't do planned searches unless they have an idea where to look, through tips or other leads. In this case, obviously she could have been taken anywhere in any direction.

They do sometimes send out teams of officers to look around in certain places and often the public is never aware that these searches are going on because they aren't publicized. Officers can check dumpsters, alleyways, abandoned buildings, all kinds of hiding places while they're out patrolling, and not even appear to be looking for anything specific. So while it may not look like they're searching, they very well may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10