No Candy...Chubby Letters, Instead !??!?

oh_gal

Reaction score
http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/na...s-she-deems-obese-calls-parents-irresponsible

NORTH DAKOTA - Kids ringing this woman’s door on Halloween are more likely to feel tricked than treated.

That’s because the North Dakota woman plans to give out letters to children she considers “moderately obese” instead of candy.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/na...ese-calls-parents-irresponsible#ixzz2jDFhD6Ti

Wow.
I'm trying to get inside this lady's mind...why give a letter to a child? Do you really think they're going to read it? What if they're too young to read? Now they're doubly confused.

You know....if she REALLY wanted to make a difference there are several options:
a)give out a healthy snack (pretzels, fruit, etc.)
b)give out a non-edible treat (play-doh?)
c)turn your light out, and don't participate

What a nasty woman.

What a nasty piece of work. Did she ever consider that some kids are just roly poly till they lose their baby fat? Or that her brand of fat shaming is more likely to cause an eating disorder than anything? Ugh.

In a town I used to live in, there was a lady who gave out stuffed animals, the kids loved it. I see no reason to give tiny tots a letter, so sad really. As if life isn't hard enough for kids the way it is. :(

I agree that childhood obesity is a problem, but this is the wrong approach. Now, why would she even give out candy to children. Just turn off the lights.

Another site with the letter.

http://www.today.com/moms/swapping-letters-candy-trick-or-treat-8C11493000

She mentions 'it takes a village' so obviously some progressive who has taken it upon herself to judge other people's children.

Really? The phrase "it takes a village" is universal. I don't think politics plays a part in this at all, nor does politics need to be brought into it. She a piece of work whether she's progressive, conservative, communist, or anarchist.

This is so wrong! Any children that receive the letters already know, and this will further emotionally scar them, for life! :banghead:

My sister was obese, all of her life. She did not over eat, she only ate once a day, and not junk food. At age 2, in the '60's, a military doctor had her on a grapefruit and boiled egg diet! (How wrong is that?!!) She had health issues. She suffered every day not just from her size, but her emotionally well being. She knew she was large and knew she could not change it.

I can see this witch getting a turd on her porch.

I can see this witch getting a turd on her porch.

Yup, eggs and toilet paper coming her way tomorrow night. ;)

Why can't she just hand out Play-Doh or pencils and keep her comments to herself?

Woman Plans To Hand Out Chastising Letter To Overweight Trick-Or-Treaters

October 30, 2013 12:41 PM

DETROIT (CBS Detroit) As obesity rates in children continue to rise, a North Dakota woman is using a Halloween trick she hopes convinces overweight kids to avoid treats.

The woman called a local Fargo, North Dakota, radio show to reveal that she plans to hand out a letter instead of candy to trick-or-treating kids who appear to be overweight...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/10...ising-letter-to-overweight-trick-or-treaters/

This woman is throwing stones at children and calling for their parents and neighbors to set a better example to them. She might wanna work on the spelling, grammar, and punctuation of a letter that she's handing to these children who, in her opinion, are being so wronged by their parents and village.

MOO and stuff...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225442"]No Candy...Chubby Letters, Instead !??!? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

This is so not ok in my book. What if the child is ill and on medicine that makes them bloat. Some kids can be chubby until they reach a certain stage. But to each their own.
I agree hand out something the same for every child instead of candy. Just because they get candy maybe they don't eat it all. Some families pick out a certain amount and ship the rest off to military, or charity.

I heard the voice of the woman in question and the audio quality is not that great. It does not sound like an elderly woman. Sounds like between mid 30s to 50s. The voice sounds somewhat condescending and whiny.

AND.... this is in North Dakota. Chances are it's going to be cold tomorrow.

Here in Michigan, my kids have gone out trick-or-treating with their costumes over their winter coats many times.

That makes a kid look overweight and this woman is going to make a split second decision at her door, on who gets a piece of candy and who gets a letter accusing them of being obese and having bad parents.

Kids also trick-or-treat with groups of other kids while their parents stand on the sidewalk and wait. There will be several situations where there will be a few children standing together at her door and she's going to give the skinny kids candy while the kids she thinks are fat will get a letter instead.... right there in front of the friends who just got some candy.

Hah! She's just waiting to get egged! Who wants a letter telling them they are fat instead of getting candy??? Does she really think this will change behavior?

Ah don't you love people like this who take it upon themselves to right the wrongs of the world (as they see it) I'm sure she thinks she's saving them from themselves or being some sort of crusader. I hope her life is 100% perfect too, I agree with the posters who said she should have just offered an alternative, like fruit.

Woman Plans To Hand Out Chastising Letter To Overweight Trick-Or-Treaters

October 30, 2013 12:41 PM

DETROIT (CBS Detroit) As obesity rates in children continue to rise, a North Dakota woman is using a Halloween trick she hopes convinces overweight kids to avoid treats.

The woman called a local Fargo, North Dakota, radio show to reveal that she plans to hand out a letter instead of candy to trick-or-treating kids who appear to be overweight...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/10/...k-or-treaters/

AND.... this is in North Dakota. Chances are it's going to be cold tomorrow.

Here in Michigan, my kids have gone out trick-or-treating with their costumes over their winter coats many times.

That makes a kid look overweight and this woman is going to make a split second decision at her door, on who gets a piece of candy and who gets a letter accusing them of being obese and having bad parents.

Kids also trick-or-treat with groups of other kids while their parents stand on the sidewalk and wait. There will be several situations where there will be a few children standing together at her door and she's going to give the skinny kids candy while the kids she thinks are fat will get a letter instead.... right there in front of the friends who just candy.

There's rain in the forecast (metro Detroit) for tomorrow night :( It's going to be warmer than usual (upper 50s), but we might not get many trick-or-treaters if it's raining. I'm prepared for at least 100, so I hope they come!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back