LA LA - RONALD DOMINIQUE The Houma serial killer, 1997-2005 Male Victims

Another one?

What is it about Louisiana???? BR probably has at least one more, all those women who disappeared while jogging and were killed by blunt trauma to the head.....New Orleans has been hinting about a SK of prostitutes for years....and now one in Houma. Dear God. They better clear that da*n backlog of DNA and start sending it in to the database.

kgeaux said:
What is it about Louisiana???? BR probably has at least one more, all those women who disappeared while jogging and were killed by blunt trauma to the head.....New Orleans has been hinting about a SK of prostitutes for years....and now one in Houma. Dear God. They better clear that da*n backlog of DNA and start sending it in to the database.

Have you checked the sex offender site for Lafayette Parish?

No question BR and the surrounding areas have another problem child. When Melissa uncovered the murders and exposed them there were 60 unsolved murders/missing all over the area. The 2 serial killers in jail have admitted or been found guilty of 15. What about the rest? It is an area saturated with many problems for the size of population.

kgeaux said:

I swear, I don't understand why the backlog of DNA? They know they have a "problem," but yet they aren't sending it to the database? WTF? :banghead:

great_tezi said:
I swear, I don't understand why the backlog of DNA? They know they have a "problem," but yet they aren't sending it to the database? WTF? :banghead:

They funded the TESTING of the DNA, but they did not fund for extra people to do the testing.....so the DNA is sitting there waiting for the one or two workers to get to it. Same old same old.

I guess thats just the way the story goes in Louisiana. It is most certanly a state thats priorities aren't straight and haven't been for a long time.

Rita Crosby FNN has been profiling this and the new count is up to 9. There may be some religious overtones to these crimes. Apparently, the killer washes the victims feet or some other weird ritual. Can't find any written news on this but maybe by tomorrow there will be an update. In any case, this is very odd.

concernedperson said:
Rita Crosby FNN has been profiling this and the new count is up to 9. There may be some religious overtones to these crimes. Apparently, the killer washes the victims feet or some other weird ritual. Can't find any written news on this but maybe by tomorrow there will be an update. In any case, this is very odd.

The murders in Houma seem to be linked to some murders in Kenner & New Orleans. All the victims in both cities are found without their shoes on. All men, all high risk lifestyles. The NO PO has nicknamed their murders "The Shoeless Murders." I'll see if I can find a link for you.

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpage/index.ssf?/base/news-3/1114842390304820.xml

Interesting read: The Kenner/New Orleans murders occured in 98 and 99. The Houma murders began in 02. Now where was our serial killer in 00 and 01?? In jail? In another city, killing men and leaving them without shoes?

kgeaux said:
The murders in Houma seem to be linked to some murders in Kenner & New Orleans. All the victims in both cities are found without their shoes on. All men, all high risk lifestyles. The NO PO has nicknamed their murders "The Shoeless Murders." I'll see if I can find a link for you.

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpage/index.ssf?/base/news-3/1114842390304820.xml

Interesting read: The Kenner/New Orleans murders occured in 98 and 99. The Houma murders began in 02. Now where was our serial killer in 00 and 01?? In jail? In another city, killing men and leaving them without shoes?

Extremely interesting.I wish the parishes would really compare notes. I bookmarked KLFY and get news from that area. Murders are occurring around there as well but none that exactly fit the Houma/Kenner murders.

concernedperson said:
Extremely interesting.I wish the parishes would really compare notes. I bookmarked KLFY and get news from that area. Murders are occurring around there as well but none that exactly fit the Houma/Kenner murders.

Compare notes???? What's THAT??? Just kidding, but that's how most of the LE agencies around here act.

Link below discusses a house that has been searched in Houma, looking for possible evidence relating to this case.

http://www.houmatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050508/NEWS/505080322/1025

There are two articles in this paper, this link is dated today, and there's an article from yesterday, which you can find by scrolling down.

I've been thinking of the comment that the bare feet in NO could have a possible religious reason, but no one in Houma has actually stated that these victims have bare feet, right? Just that there are "similarities" which made them think the two cities might share a single SK.

My local paper printed a lengthy article today which fleshes out the victims. The print article included photos of the 6 Houma area victims. The photos do not appear in the online link. Three of the victims are white, three are black. So we've got a killer who is comfortable with both races. No task force yet, so I'm assuming there hasn't been enough found to link Houma/New Orleans murders at this time. The attorney general's office is acting as the database depository.

http://www.acadiananow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050516/NEWS01/505160327/1002

kgeaux said:
My local paper printed a lengthy article today which fleshes out the victims. The print article included photos of the 6 Houma area victims. The photos do not appear in the online link. Three of the victims are white, three are black. So we've got a killer who is comfortable with both races. No task force yet, so I'm assuming there hasn't been enough found to link Houma/New Orleans murders at this time. The attorney general's office is acting as the database depository.

http://www.acadiananow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050516/NEWS01/505160327/1002

Thanks for the article. It was interesting to note that some of the victims were acquainted. Kgeaux, this reminds me of Sean Gillis and the murders of prostitutes in the BR and Lafayette areas. Same types of "high risk" individuals meaning that they have the same amount of vulnerability.

I feel sure this is a serial killer....the mo....generally the same.....dumping grounds hidden in wide open spaces. Victims are all young men. Serial killers don't usually care about race....it is the kill they go for.

When they find this killer we will see a seriously messed up individual.

misterallgood said:
This is a creepy one.

They think he washes his victims' feet.

Who is Haunting Houma, Louisiana?

The Shoeless Dead of Houma, Louisiana.

Thanks for the info. Yes, it is a creepy one and the thing is there could be many more victims. As kgeaux stated before the parishes are very territorial and tend not to talk to each other.

Another thing to remember is S. Louisiana is heavily Catholic....old school Catholic with the generations of French living in the area. A lot of inter-marriages (2nd & 3rd cousins). Very close knit. I am not being prejudicial..I was born there and speak about the area with authority.

I am going to keep bumping this up. This is a crime of tremendous magnitude. There are so many in the State. It is not popular insofar as this State's position. But the crimes continue and the victim's mount.Some one has a breaking heart and not a whole lot of attention has been paid. So, I will. If I am being obnoxious then so be it. But these families are just as importent as everyone else.

Remember, I said that the 60 murdered and missing women were not all accounted for. 15 were by Derrick Todd Lee and Sean Gillis but what about the rest? This is serious.

concernedperson said:
I am going to keep bumping this up. This is a crime of tremendous magnitude. There are so many in the State. It is not popular insofar as this State's position. But the crimes continue and the victim's mount.Some one has a breaking heart and not a whole lot of attention has been paid. So, I will. If I am being obnoxious then so be it. But these families are just as importent as everyone else.

Remember, I said that the 60 murdered and missing women were not all accounted for. 15 were by Derrick Todd Lee and Sean Gillis but what about the rest? This is serious.

You are not being obnoxious at all, concernedperson. I appreciate your concern!

A couple of years ago, BR was thought to have THREE serial killers--two have been caught, and I'm not sure if the third one has changed areas or is inactive right now for another reason--I've always thought the third one would be tied to the numerous women who were killed while jogging, but I could be wrong about that. Anyway, as you say, there are 45 unsolved murders of women ranging back over the past decade, JUST FROM THE BATON ROUGE AREA!!! 45 unsolved murders! And that's just the WOMEN. And the local media, zip. Nada. Nothing. Not a mention of the unsolved murders.

New Orleans has or had at least one--prostitutes. Not sure if he was ever caught. I somehow lost track of that case.

Now this guy. I think we will be hearing about more and more murders connected to this case, because of there is a gap of time between the New Orleans area murders and the Houma murders.

Did you hear anything new about the search of the home in Houma? I know they took lots of things out of the house, but I wonder if they've been able to connect any of it?

By the way, misterallgood, I enjoy reading your articles. Thanks for shining a light on this case.

Let's be all about being concerned. This is importent.Someone has to be and we can be!

kgeaux said:
You are not being obnoxious at all, concernedperson. I appreciate your concern!

A couple of years ago, BR was thought to have THREE serial killers--two have been caught, and I'm not sure if the third one has changed areas or is inactive right now for another reason--I've always thought the third one would be tied to the numerous women who were killed while jogging, but I could be wrong about that. Anyway, as you say, there are 45 unsolved murders of women ranging back over the past decade, JUST FROM THE BATON ROUGE AREA!!! 45 unsolved murders! And that's just the WOMEN. And the local media, zip. Nada. Nothing. Not a mention of the unsolved murders.

New Orleans has or had at least one--prostitutes. Not sure if he was ever caught. I somehow lost track of that case.

Now this guy. I think we will be hearing about more and more murders connected to this case, because of there is a gap of time between the New Orleans area murders and the Houma murders.

Did you hear anything new about the search of the home in Houma? I know they took lots of things out of the house, but I wonder if they've been able to connect any of it?

By the way, misterallgood, I enjoy reading your articles. Thanks for shining a light on this case.
Happy to do it. It's a fascinating and eerie case. I hope you found your site linked in my non-blog links.

I think someone mobile is doing this, highly mobile.

And please, no one rip me for this, because it's the first time I've ever laid something like this out there, so I feel very self-conscious.

I know that murders in Kenner and Houma are being investigated... what about Metairie?

Metairie is 5 miles or so from Kenner, 50+ from Houma, right?

Here's the part I just feel weird admitting. As I was processing with the rest of the choir at church yesterday morning I was thinking in a vague way about this case, preparing in part to pray for its resolution -- don't worry, I'm a terrible heathen much of the time, but I do admit to praying quite a bit -- and for no reason whatsoever "METAIRIE" kept popping in my head. I've not seen Metairie mentioned directly in any article about the barefoot fiend, yet I have to wonder if there is an investigation going on there, too. I think there should be.

I am the guy who wrote about a vision of what I thought BTK looked like a month before Dennis Rader's arrest, a vision that was accurate right down to the person I saw in my mind's eye wearing a tan jacket with epaulets -- half the photos of Rader prior to his arrest show him wearing a Park City uniform, a tan shirt with epaulets. I was so close in what I wrote and my writing was provably published online prior to Rader's arrest that the AP reporter who interviewed me asked me immediately if I'd ever been to Wichita; I haven't.

Still, I claim nothing, just that for some reason I think they should look in Metairie. Why, I don't know. I've never been anywhere in LA except Shreveport.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back