1208 users online (219 members and 989 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Top 10 cold case kidnappings

Hope this helps anyone. Probably not, but I thought I'd try.

http://www.forensicscolleges.com/blo...s-kidnappings/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

"Jason" Wetterling? Who wrote this article?!

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    I won't argue against any on that list but this writer truly blew-it by not including the unsolved kidnapping and murder of 10-year-old Charles Mattson in 1936. It is one of the top unsolved kidnapping cases as well as one of the top unsolved murder cases ever and should be #1 by far in my opinion. Charles, the son of a Tacoma doctor, was taken in the presence some other children during a home invasion and found dead weeks after the assailant made a ransom demand but then failed to make a second contact. Police were not ever able to come up with a good poi, let alone, make an arrest.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid