GUILTY IL - Peggy Henderson, 61, & Dorothy Varner, 82, murdered, Antioch, Oct 2013

SCHMAE

Reaction score
Billy Varner has been on the run for 5 days with out a sighting and no clue where he has gone. He is wanted in questioning in 2 suspicious deaths at his home. One was his 82 yr old mother and another a woman.
He does not seem like a man with the resources to stay on the lam indefinitely and I cannot believe he's not been caught.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=9309578

''Dorothy Varner, 82, has been identified as one of two women found dead in an apartment earlier this week.
police are awaiting fingerprint analysis of the other victim, a 61-year-old woman.''

MODS, idk if ' active search' is appropriate for this type of search. It seems to indicate they are searching for a ' missing person' which he technically is NOT, so help me out here if that needs removed. tia !

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20131029/news/710299875/

Varner is described as a white male who was last seen driving a 2002 tan Chevy extended conversion van with the registration N943872. The van has damage to the rear passenger-side taillight area, officials said in a release.

LE says do not approach, call 911 if seen!

Okaaayyy... this is just a thought.... Without anything to back it up except possible similar cases....

could Mrs. Varner have been suffering from dementia at the age of 82 years...

And the unidentified other deceased woman (61 years old, I believe) have been Mrs. Varner's caregiver?

Maybe Mr. Varner killed both out of desperation from living with a person with dementia?

I do NOT think this is an excuse.... Just a possible scenario...

:dunno:

Okaaayyy... this is just a thought.... Without anything to back it up except possible similar cases....

And the unidentified other deceased woman (61 years old, I believe) have been Mrs. Varner's caregiver?

Maybe Mr. Varner killed both out of desperation from living with a person with dementia?

I wonder how to do a criminal check on this guy and see what sort of life he's been living. Who is great at that , Clue?

Sorry to quote myself here... But...

I just noticed the age of the man "on the run"...

could He have been Varner's son?

The article says he is related to both women... Could the 61 year old have been his sister/Mrs. Varner's daughter?

I think I may be getting ahead of myself here... Without finding out more info...

JMO

I wonder how to do a criminal check on this guy and see what sort of life he's been living. Who is great at that , Clue?

I am not great at it... But I will try...

I will google public records in Illinois... And see if something comes up...

:seeya:

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20131101/news/711019732/print/

Peggy Henderson, age 61 second victim.

Henderson and Dorothy Varner were living together in the apartment, Portillo confirmed Friday.
George Filenko, chief of the Lake County Major Crime Task Force, said Henderson was married to Billy Varner, 54,
who police have been searching for since the bodies were discovered. Dorothy Varner is Billy Varner’s mother,
Filenko said

Oops!

I jumped the gun...

Deceased 82 year old Mrs. Varner is his mother...

and that is reported on the very first post on this thread! ..... :doh:

sorry if I have confused anyone here... :blushing:

All I'm finding is this current auto theft charge stemming from the van he's stolen to escape town in . Lucky guy.

https://circuitclerk.lakecountyil.gov/publicAccess/jsp/common/courtCaseDetails.jsf?caseDetailsId=

Case Number
Party Name
Case Title
Filed Date
Case Type
Case Sub Type
Case Status
13CF00003116 VARNER, BILLY E. PEOPLE VS VARNER OCT 29, 2013 CRIMINAL FELONY STOLEN VEHICLE WARRANT

This is only for the county he's currently living in. I have no clue how long he's been there or where he was before.

I have tried a couple of avenues for records on this guy...

No luck yet...

but it is probably just me... With limited expertise...

JMO

Billy Varner of Antioch charged with murders after ND church robbery

November 4, 2013 (ANTIOCH, Ill.) (WLS) -- The search is over for Billy Varner, the man now charged in the deaths of his wife and mother in far north suburban Antioch.

Varner was caught in Williston, North Dakota, about 1,000 miles from Antioch, Illinois, and about 80 miles south of the Canadian border. Varner also faces charges over a church robbery and a stolen van.

full article at link ........... http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?id=9312912

Hi SCHMAE and Sleuthers.... :seeya:

So glad this murderer was caught and charged...

Too bad innocent lives were taken... :(

Justice is served!

:scale:

http://newssun.suntimes.com/2014/10/16/plea-deal-possible-antioch-double-homicide/

A potential plea deal is being explored for Billy Varner of Antioch, charged with killing his wife and mother last October, and the issue could be resolved as soon as Monday.

Varner appeared in court Thursday and said he was in favor of a private conference meeting between his defense attorneys, prosecutors and Judge Mark Levitt to discuss a potential resolution to the case without going to trial.

Varner was then taken back to the jail and the conference was held. Afterward, an appearance was scheduled for Varner Monday morning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back