Man who hid mom's body in freezer for years feared murder charges

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Philip Schuth said his mother died of natural causes in 2000, but he hid her body in a chest freezer because he was afraid of being charged with murder.

He was particularly worried investigators would find her blood splattered on the wall of an upstairs hallway. It was from when a cat attacked her years before her death, he said.

So he kept her death a secret for 4½ years — painting over the blood and living off her Social Security checks, which were electronically deposited in a joint account.

He also kept secret the "anti-personnel" bombs and stash of guns in his basement, and set up booby traps in the house.

Those are some of the revelations in a probable cause statement filed in La Crosse County Court on Monday by Capt. Jeff Wolf of the sheriff's department.

According to the affidavit, Schuth revealed his secrets to negotiators this weekend during a 14-hour standoff with local police that began Friday evening.

It began after Schuth reportedly struck a 10-year-old child and then shot the boy's father, who with his wife drove to Schuth's home to confront him about the assault. The man, Randy Russell Jr., was treated for gunshot wounds to the right shoulder and released from Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center later that evening.

http://www.lacrossetribune.com/articles/2005/04/26/news/00lead.txt

hi cass!

'Philip Schuth said his mother' died of natural causes in 2000', .....Schuth sounds a little demented, probably a bullet to the head would fall under natural causes in his mind.

Have you seen the pictures of this guy? WOW! He's got a wild-eyed look that gives me the creeps.

He's got that scary nut bag look, the worst part is that theres one of him in every neighborhood. :cool:

1986 said:
Have you seen the pictures of this guy? WOW! He's got a wild-eyed look that gives me the creeps.

1986 said:
For some reason I think serial killer when I saw his picture...definitely eerie looking

He was particularly worried investigators would find her blood splattered on the wall of an upstairs hallway. It was from when a cat attacked her years before her death, he said.

Didn't he know that Henry Lee would testify that there would be too much blood for a murder? :slap: :crazy:

Hi Cassy! This guy is not a possible relative of the owner of "Bates motel" is he? Sorry! You are probably too young to ever have seen the movie!
Haven't seen much of you on Websleuths lately. Retiring?
Happy Mothers day to both you and your mother! (The dog looks to young to be a mother, if it is a female, so I will forego that.)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back