AL AL - Scottsboro, WhtMale, 50-60, hitchhiker hit by car on Hwy 72, slash marks on wrist, Oct'81

Not in Namus or on Doe as far as I can tell. He has a very "ordinary" look.

The ears don't look the same to me, unfortunately.

Jackson County John Doe, 1981, accident victim, Scottsboro

A man who was struck by a car and killed in Scottsboro, Ala., has not been identified since the incident in 1981. He was buried in Cedar Hill Cemetery beneath a marker that reads "Unknown White Male," and may have rested peacefully if not for a photo in a local newspaper. In August 2014, the newspaper ran a morgue photo of the John Doe, hoping for new leads. A local man saw the photo and thought the man looked like William Bradford Bishop Jr., who is on the FBI's Most Wanted list for the murders of his wife, children and mother in 1976. Authorities exhumed the John Doe in October 2014 but the DNA was not a match for Bishop's. The body was re-interred. Click here to see his FindaGrave.com entry.

He was described as: "approximately 55 years old, with blue eyes, brown/grey hair" and about 5 feet- 9 inches tall and 155 pounds. Anyone with information on the John Doe should call the Scottsboro Police Department at 256-574-4468.

631DMCA - Ollie Letrell Cader
CA - CA - Ollie Letrell Cader, 45, Humboldt County, 9 Oct 1981

Could these be Ollie's remains? Foul play is suspected in his disappearance. Given the suspicion of foul play, it seems possible Ollie could have felt threatened so he voluntarily disappeared. If so, he could have been hitchhiking. I wonder if the man who gave JD a ride would recognize Ollie's photo? The physical stats are close enough to warrant a comparison, especially the missing upper teeth, imo. However, there is no mention of a "Previously fractured pelvis" for JD or "slash marks" on Ollie's wrists. In terms of a visual likeness, I see it, then I don't. :confused: Any thoughts?

Name: Ollie Letrell Cader
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: October 9, 1981
Location Last Seen: Humboldt County, California

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: July 6, 1936
Race: White
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 145 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Ollie Letrell Trell
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Previously fractured pelvis, Missing upper teeth

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Green shirt
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Cader was last seen in Humboldt County, California on October 9, 1981. Foul play is suspected.

Ollie-and-3220-UMAL-JD.jpg

Ollie-and-3220-UMAL-JD

631DMCA - Ollie Letrell Cader
CA - CA - Ollie Letrell Cader, 45, Humboldt County, 9 Oct 1981

Could these be Ollie's remains? Foul play is suspected in his disappearance. Given the suspicion of foul play, it seems possible Ollie could have felt threatened so he voluntarily disappeared. If so, he could have been hitchhiking. I wonder if the man who gave JD a ride would recognize Ollie's photo? The physical stats are close enough to warrant a comparison, especially the missing upper teeth, imo. However, there is no mention of a "Previously fractured pelvis" for JD or "slash marks" on Ollie's wrists. In terms of a visual likeness, I see it, then I don't. :confused: Any thoughts?

Name: Ollie Letrell Cader
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: October 9, 1981
Location Last Seen: Humboldt County, California

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: July 6, 1936
Race: White
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 145 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Ollie Letrell Trell
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Previously fractured pelvis, Missing upper teeth

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Green shirt
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Cader was last seen in Humboldt County, California on October 9, 1981. Foul play is suspected.

Ollie-and-3220-UMAL-JD.jpg

Ollie-and-3220-UMAL-JD
You could as well send Ollie to at least be ruled out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSmurf1
Back