Bullying in the NFL - Jonathan Martin (Miami Dolphins)

Leilei

Reaction score
I've been following the Miami Dolphins bullying story, and thought I would bring it over here. There has always been rookie hazing, but what has allegedly happened to Martin is way beyond that. Richie Incognito has been suspended, and some awful tweets and texts to Martin from him have surfaced.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/big-m...in-reminds-us-victims-arent-always-8C11519754 Sort of an overview of what has happened. Martin is a big guy, but this goes to show us that bullying isn't just at schools, it's everywhere, and anyone can be a victim.

Yeah! Someone posted this. I've been following since the beginning!

It's really sad, burbqueen, especially since Martin just up and left, couldn't take it anymore, and I think I read that he is now being treated for emotional issues. I hope that Incognito is banned from the NFL completely, if this is proven to be true. No playing, no attending games, nothing.

Some folks may be losing their jobs - not just Incognito, IMO.

Lawyer reveals shocking extent of bullying Jonathan Martin allegedly suffered at the 'Dolphins including physical attacks and threats to 'rape his sister' 'from teammates he tried to BEFRIEND'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nathan-Martin-best-friends.html#ixzz2k2cdyNBS

The whole team needs an overhaul if they think this type of behavior is okay. There was an article that I read a few days ago, where Incognito's father was posting online about the situation. I'm just going to say that if it really is him posting online, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I'll see if I can dig up the article. And I'm glad that Martin is getting some help and has his family's support.

I watched Fox NFL's interview with Incognito earlier, and although I still don't like him, the interviewer sat down with him after the interview was over and went through the text messages on his phone. There was one from Martin that seemed to say that Incognito is not at fault in this, and that it was his emotional issues that brought everything to a head.

Now I don't know what to think. Does this vindicate Incognito? Was this all blown out of proportion? Oh, and the article I referred to in my last post is at Deadspin, and I'm not sure if that is okay to link to here, so I'm not going to do it.

By those txt doesn't it seem they were friends and Martin's leaving was not Incognito's fault?

Complicated, vulgar, unnecessary, odd, etc... but is it really bullying?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back