779 users online (99 members and 680 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight - General discussion #5

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    Quote <modsnip>

Talking about it can be very healing. It's sad others are exploiting that and it's sad she has no relationship with her "mother" and can't depend on her. All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, talking can be very healing. And sometimes it takes years to get things all talked out and come to terms with what has happened. Personally, I am very proud of Michelle and her ability to speak out and speak up.

I think she is very courageous. I agree that some are exploiting her and only want the "gory" details and that is sad. But I hope in the long run it is beneficial for her. She does have to make a whole new life for herself and that just can't be easy.

My hope for her is ONWARD AND UPWARD!

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by ckia2013 View Post
    Dr. Phil totally plugged his own book during the interview, but at least it prompted a bigass smile from Michelle =)

PM: You're obviously very intelligent. You read well. You've read my book. You read "Self-Manners", right?
    MK: Yeah (smiles)
    PM: Thank you for that, by the way.
    MK: I loved it.
    PM: Well, thank you. And that's not an easy book to read!
    MK: No (laughs)

At the very end of the show, Dr. Phil implied that he gave Michelle a hefty donation. Not sure why there is a separate Dr. Phil fund set up for Michelle though. Why not plug the Cleveland Courage Fund?

The only reasons I can think of are (a) Dr. Phil is gaining monetarily from Michelle (b) he is using Michelle for (more) notoriety, or (c) he is providing Michelle with a way to receive donations separately from the other girls. I'm not sure, but I don't really care all that much. All my donations have gone -- and will continue to go -- to the CCF, and that is the only fund that I endorse on the CKIA website, to date.
    Maybe he is trying to help Michelle separate, and aware Gina and Amanda are writing a book. To give Michelle more support.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/cleveland-k...ry?id=20645244

The three Cleveland women who survived a decade of imprisonment and torture together are going separate ways to tell their harrowing story.

Amanda Berry, 27, and Gina DeJesus, 23, announced a book contract this week, but Michelle Knight, 32, declined to be part of the deal to relive their 10 year in captivity at the hands of Ariel Castro.

Instead, Knight will tell her story first in a three-part appearance on Dr. Phil McGraw's show, which will air beginning Nov. 4.

"We wanted her to be a part of it. We offered it to her," said James Wooley of the Jones Day law firm, who represents Berry and DeJesus, and negotiated the book deal. "She met with the people and then she made the decision to go her own way and we wish her the best."

"From our perspective, it was very amicable," Wooley said. "We were trying to keep some unity with it, but we don't represent her and she's made her own decision."

Knight's attorney did not immediately respond to request for comment.

Wooley explained why the women have decided to go public with the details of their hellish imprisonment.

I refused to watch the show; because I didn't want to see the UnDr Phil; exploit her emotionally or otherwise. I saw clips of the upcoming show and then I decided.
    Same with Oprah; I stopped watching her when she asked Sean Hornbeck the Question she promised not to ask: Why didn't you leave....

How dare she; and how dare Dr Phil aid in Casey Anthony in any way and how dare he exploit Michelle; after what's happened to her for ratings sake...it's a sad thing. He is a car salesman; let's all remember that. He is not a Dr. He only PLAYS ONE ON TV. JMO
    Dont Be A Sheep

Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight - General discussion #5

*Please continue general discussion here*
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sounds like Michelle has beef with Amanda.

Michelle never felt anyone cared about her and wished Mrs Berry was her mother when she saw her on TV looking for Amanda.
    Last edited by concernedmother; 11-06-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks so much for posting the videos ckia2013. I'm at work and don't have DVR. Much appreciated.

Wow. Powerful interview.

Michelle is so small Castro probably thought she was 13-14. When he realized she wasnt he probably felt stuck with her. jmo but he had different feelings for Amanda and a crush on her maybe. What I dont understand is why after he had Amanda did he abduct Gina?

Wow very powerful interview.

I'm watching it on DVR obviously so this is probably old news to most of you, but I just heard Michelle's thoughts about the 911 call. You know, I'd thought about it early on that Amanda didn't mention the other two girls in the house and I wondered both if the other girls knew, and if so, how they felt about it. Obviously the whole situation was incredibly stressful and I don't fault anyone - I am just glad that they all escaped! It was interesting and heartbreaking to hear Michelle's perspective on it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by WillenFan21 View Post
    Sounds like Michelle has beef with Amanda.
    I haven't had the time to watch the show yet. What makes you say this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there anywhere online I can watch the interviews? I'm not sure if they'll be shown in Australia.
    L K out L K out, there are catterpillars about!

Quote Originally Posted by danzn16 View Post
    I haven't had the time to watch the show yet. What makes you say this?
    I'm not the original poster you're asking, but having just watched it I thought I'd answer from my perspective.

IMO the biggest issue, though she didn't state it directly, is that Amanda was treated so completely differently from the other two girls, and especially Michelle. Michelle was the "hated one" in the house. I'm paraphrasing but Michelle in essence said that Amanda was "that girl" who didn't want to believe what was happening to the other girls. Because Amanda's treatment was so much better, she didn't believe that Michelle was treated so horribly. From Michelle's perspective Amanda saw it but didn't believe it, or didn't believe it was as bad as it was. At least that's what I took from it.

Also the part I just mentioned about the 911 call, Michelle looked like she was in pain listening to the call. Her first response when Dr. Phil played it and asked how it made her feel was "Sad." I imagine many people were expecting "relived." This isn't word for word but when asked Michelle said it was sad because Amanda didn't mention the others in the house. She said if they hadn't been rescued and Ariel came home to find Amanda gone, he'd have killed her (and probably Gina, it sounded like).

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast