1177 users online (223 members and 954 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CA - Henry Guler-Romero, 2 wks, Sunnyvale, 5 Nov 2013

CHP: Amber Alert suspect possibly in SD
    By Debbi Baker
    7:06 A.M.NOV. 6, 2013 Updated7:20 A.M.

SAN DIEGO — San Diego authorities have received three calls about a statewide Amber Alert involving the kidnapping of an infant from Northern California, the California Highway Patrol said Wednesday.

The cellphone of the father suspected of abducting his son Tuesday afternoon from Sunnyvale was pinged about 11:55 p.m. Tuesday on Interstate 805 between Balboa Avenue and state Route 163, CHP Officer Robert Catano said.

Mesut Guler, 22, is suspected of taking 2-week-old Henry Guler-Romero about 4:15 p.m., authorities said. According to Guler’s Facebook page, the baby was born on Oct. 20.

He may be driving a tan 2004 GMC Envoy with California plates of 6HIL892, the CHP said. The SUV has a large American Eagle on the rear window, the CHP said.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

California Highway Patrol

Amber Alert in Progress - November 6, 2013

ON NOVEMBER 5TH, AT APPROXIMATELY 4PM, MESUT GULER HAD ABDUCTED HIS SON, HENRY GULER-ROMERO, AND TOLD HIS WIFE HE WAS TAKING THE CHILD TO NEW YORK. GULER THREATENED TO KILL HIMSELF AND HIS CHILD IF POLICE WERE NOTIFIED.

HENRY GULER-ROMERO IS A 1-MONTH-OLD HISPANIC MALE, HEIGHT & WEIGHT UNKNOWN, WITH BLACK HAIR AND BROWN EYES, WITH AN UNKNOWN CLOTHING DESCRIPTION.

THE SUSPECT WAS DRIVING A TAN, 2004 GMC ENVOY WITH CALIFORNIA LICENSE 6HIL892. THE VEHICLE HAS A LARGE AMERICAN EAGLE ON THE REAR WINDOW. IF SEEN EXERCISE CAUTION, AND NOTIFY THE SUNNYVALE POLICE DEPARTMENT (408) 730-7110.

Victim: Henry Guler-Romero

• Age now: 1 month old
    • Sex: Male
    • Skin: Hispanic
    • Hair: Black
    • Eyes: Brown

Suspect: Mesut Guler
    • Age now: 22
    • Sex: Male
    • Skin: Turkish
    • Hair: Brown
    • Eyes: Brown
    • Height: 6 feet
    • Weight: 120 pounds

• Tan 2004 GMC Envoy
    • California License Plate 6HIL892.
    • Vehicle has a large American eagle on rear window

http://www.kcoy.com/story/23889838/a...a-clara-county
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Never seen someones skin described as Turkish......and, why doesn't mom know what her baby was wearing?
    IMO

The border of Mexico is about a half hour or so from San Diego. Hopefully they're viewing those surveillance tapes. I've entered Mexico through there quite a few times and it's very easy to get through (I used to go to college in San Diego).

jmo

Glad to see this here!

From my local news (not much new info, but maybe a little): http://www.kcra.com/news/amber-alert...4/-/index.html - full article here. Snip:

Police in San Diego confirmed that the vehicle matching the description with the same license plate was spotted and the suspect's cellphone was tracked to the area, KNSD said.

Headed for Mexico perhaps? This was updated at 7:40ish Pacific time this morning so it's been awhile... ugh. The only thing I saw here that wasn't posted earlier is LE's confirmation of the vehicle and not just cell pings.

The pic of the baby.....sure looks older than 2 wks. or 1 mo.! I would guess the perp is definitely in Mexico....
    IMO

More info here: http://quemas.mamaslatinas.com/in_th...ry_gulerromero

This doesn't exactly look like typical MSM, but it doesn't look like a rumor/gossip type site so I hope it's ok to post. They grabbed a picture from Facebook of the father holding the Henry when he was 2 days old. Here's that photo:

Not sure if I can post his FB here or not. It's not difficult to find though. The Mobile Uploads album shows it was last updated 13 hours ago! Those photos must not be publicly available as the newest ones I can see are from 10/25, but I hope LE can see what was posted.

Here's a little more from the article:

"The suspect is said to be six-feet-tall, 120 pounds, and of Turkish descent." (as I suspected from his photos he is very thin, especially for his height)

Oh here's one that looks a little more MSM with the same info as the above - 6', 120 lbs, and that same photo of the baby. The photo was taken 10/22.

http://www.*************.com/n3/3470...sible-suspect/

Quote Originally Posted by Amster View Post
    The pic of the baby.....sure looks older than 2 wks. or 1 mo.! I would guess the perp is definitely in Mexico....
    While I do agree, the pic I posted from the FB page (also posted in a couple of the news articles) was taken on 10/22, and per the photo caption on FB it's from the baby's first day home. There are also newborn pics of him (Henry) with his mama holding him in the hospital right after he was born on 10/20. Big baby, looks like.

I fear you're right they probably made it to Mexico.

what a beautiful baby...
    whatever the father's intentions are hopefully he does the right thing and drop henry somewhere safe first.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D0HC8RFXZVo/Sm4sWrmXXiI/AAAAAAAAAOs/fe1Urm9FPpQ/s400/mbfashion.gif

Much more info in this article:
    http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/...go-4960088.php

A few snippets:

...kidnapped by his father, Mesut Guler, 22, from an apartment complex on the 900 block of Helen Avenue in Sunnyvale about 4:15 p.m. Tuesday.

Guler and his girlfriend had been arguing over whether the two should move to New York,

"This has been an ongoing dispute between them, his desire to move out of state," said Capt. Dave Pitts of the Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety. "She did not want to, and that led to him taking the child."

Guler sent text messages to the girlfriend Tuesday saying he had taken their child and would harm himself and the boy if she called police, Pitts said.

<snip>

Guler has friends in Mexico, and police have notified the U.S. Border Patrol. However, there is no indication that father and son have crossed the border, Pitts said.

I wondered why some of the articles kept saying the baby was in grave danger. Makes more sense now. So worried for this boy. This article was updated nearly 4 hours ago. I sure hope that info about no evidence of them crossing the border is right. Sounds like that's definitely where he was headed.

Quote Originally Posted by modesty blaise View Post
    what a beautiful baby...
    whatever the father's intentions are hopefully he does the right thing and drop henry somewhere safe first.
    Unfortunately his intentions (based on the LE comments I just quoted) appear to be punishing, manipulating, or hurting Henry's Mom, which makes me very scared for the baby. I share your hope, though.

YES!!!! Found safe!

http://www.kcra.com/news/amber-alert...paign=kcra%2B3

Mexican officials took an Amber Alert suspect into custody Wednesday afternoon at the U.S.-Mexico border, officials said.

The infant, abducted from Sunnyvale, is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by nikb View Post
    YES!!!! Found safe!

http://www.kcra.com/news/amber-alert...paign=kcra%2B3

Mexican officials took an Amber Alert suspect into custody Wednesday afternoon at the U.S.-Mexico border, officials said.

The infant, abducted from Sunnyvale, is safe.
    Got him! Wonderful example of an Amber Alert working!

Amazing!! I was so worried about this beautiful baby boy.

YIPPEE!!!!!

IMO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast