Found Deceased Canada - Genevieve Cormier, 19, St John, NB, 29 Sept 2013 - #2

So sorry to see this today. :(

How far is the recovery location from where she was last seen?

Rest in Peace, Gen

So sorry to see this today. :(

How far is the recovery location from where she was last seen?

Rest in Peace, Gen

She was last seen on one side of the river and found on the other if that makes sense. Not sure how wide the river is but I would be guessing 4-5 kms. To drive around the lake from one side to the other is approximately 12 kms. See post #431 for the map.

I guess it's too soon for LE to report whether they suspect foul play. I hope the people of St. John do not have to worry there is some deviant predator amongst them.

RIP Gen.

City police are to release a statement regarding the body today or tomorrow.
http://www.news889.com/2013/11/03/body-found-in-saint-john-2/

She was last seen on one side of the river and found on the other if that makes sense. Not sure how wide the river is but I would be guessing 4-5 kms. To drive around the lake from one side to the other is approximately 12 kms. See post #431 for the map.

I guess it's too soon for LE to report whether they suspect foul play. I hope the people of St. John do not have to worry there is some deviant predator amongst them.

RIP Gen.

City police are to release a statement regarding the body today or tomorrow.
http://www.news889.com/2013/11/03/body-found-in-saint-john-2/

This is not a river or lake. It is the harbour/ocean. Any word on if foul play is suspected?

This is not a river or lake. It is the harbour/ocean. Any word on if foul play is suspected?

This is indeed the harbour/ocean it is in Gods own good grace that she was found. Once a body is in the Bay they may never surface again. Don't know about foul play haven't heard or read anything.Such a sad ending but at times I think it is best to know. Gen did indeed come back home.

I hope I'm not reading any more into this than what is intended but it sounds to me like they are thinking foul play was involved.

CBC News | Updated - Genevieve Cormier's body found in Saint John
Saint John High School student last spotted on Sept. 29
CBC NewsPosted: Nov 03, 2013 10:14 AM AT | Last Updated: Nov 03, 2013 4:52 PM AT

Police haven't released any more details. But Sgt. Jay Henderson said foul play hasn't been ruled out.

Family friend Amanda Hensey is pleading for anyone with information to tell police so the family can find closure.

{Snipped}

The results of an autopsy are expected on Monday.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/genevieve-cormier-s-body-found-in-saint-john-1.2350256

Very heartbreaking. Gen, rest in peace sweet angel. bethmcneilly my condolences to you and your family. So so sorry for your tragic loss.

Deepest condolences to you Beth Mcneilly and your family.
R.I.P. Genevieve
:rose:

RIP Genevieve

Such a sad outcome :no:

Hopefully LE will be able to determine what happened, whether foul play was involved or not. I think it's really important for the family to know.

Now this seems to rule out the possibility that someone had her and may have dropped her on the beach later.

Hopefully, there will be more on the early evening news, which should be in a couple of hours.

Video at link.

CTV Atlantic | Body of Genevieve Cormier found on secluded Saint John Beach
Published Sunday, November 3, 2013 8:59PM AST
Last Updated Monday, November 4, 2013 12:05PM AST

Police are not speculating about how her body ended up on the beach but say it appears it had been in the water for quite some time.

“It has been known as a place where things wash ashore. The currents do seem to push items that way,” says Saint John Police Sgt. Jay Henderson. “At this time, I cannot confirm that foul play has been ruled out.”

Read more: http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/body-of-genevieve-cormier-found-on-secluded-saint-john-beach-1.1526392

I hope I'm not reading any more into this than what is intended but it sounds to me like they are thinking foul play was involved.

Interesting comments. Sounds like Gen is not the first young woman to be found in the harbour/water/beach over the past few years. :(

Foul play is not suspected in the death of 19 year old Gen Cormier.

Police tell CHSJ News they are waiting for the pathologist's report to confirm this.

She went missing in late September and her body was found over the weekend in Redhead.

A funeral for Cormier will be held on Friday at Assumption parish on the West side at noon.
CHSJ News at 5:15 PM

Police are not speculating about how her body ended up on the beach but say it appears it had been in the water for quite some time.

Henderson says police are waiting to hear back from the pathologist before confirming a cause of death.
“We want to rule out any type of trauma that’s been done to the body and also, we’re waiting on the toxicology report,” he says.

Police hope to have the results back within a few days.

The area where Cormier’s body was found is roughly 14 kilometres from the Reversing Falls.

Read more: http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/body-of-...uded-saint-john-beach-1.1526392#ixzz2jisnTqxJ

Early findings suggest suicide but not yet confirmed

:(

I'm very sad to have come home to this headline. Rest peacefully sweet Gen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back