CA CA - Selena Edon, 29, San Francisco, 28 Oct 1991

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Selena_edon1.jpg edon_selena4.jpg

Selena Edon
Endangered Missing
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: October 28, 1991 from San Francisco, California
Age of disappearance: 29 years old
Height and Weight: 5'7, 110 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Edon's ears and nose are pierced. She walks with a limp.
Medical Conditions: Edon was recovering from an accident at the time of her 1991 disappearance. She sustained brain damage as a result of her injuries, and she suffers from severe headaches.

Details: Selena Edon suffered a serious motorcycle accident in San Francisco, California on November 29, 1989 that left her in a coma for six weeks. She finally came out of it with some brain damage, a damaged left eye, painful headaches, and her left thigh was crushed. She moved back to San Diego with her parents to recuperate; her headaches left her to periods of confusion and frustration. She improved physically, but mentally she seemed to deteriorate. She had many episodes of mental confusion and was extremely frustrated over the state of her health. Her family eventually allowed her to return to her home to San Francisco. She maintained regular telephone contact with her mother. In October 1991, Edon called her mother and was evasive during the conversation. Edon was last seen in a hospital in San Francisco on October 28, 1991. After her disappearance, a private investigator hired by her family uncovered possible sightings of Edon in the city's Tenderloin district. The sightings weren't confirmed, however. Her family is unsure if she met with foul play or if she wandered off unaware of her identity from the crash.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/edon_selena.html
http://letsfindthem.wordpress.com/2012/09/10/the-mysterious-disappearance-of-selena-eden/
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1006dfca.html

I live in SF. I want her to be alive because we have SO MANY of these on our streets. My heart bleeds for her and her family...

That young woman had been through a lot obviously. I hope she is still alive and well, even though it doesn't look too promising.

According to the Charley profile, during that last phone call Selena told her Mom to worry if she didn't contact her again within a month or two. Wondering why she said that...

Date of Birth: March 17, 1962
Height: 5' 10
Weight: 110 lbs.
Marital Status: Single
Characteristics: Black hair, brown eyes, and walks with a limp

Selena Edon was president of the student body and the senior class when she graduated from high school in 1980. She later dropped out of college to join the Air Force. After the Air Force, Selena became a construction worker. She joined the "teamsters" and bought her own motorcycle. On the night of November 29, 1989, Selena was on her way home from the Union Hall in San Francisco, California, when she suffered a serious motorcycle accident that left her in a coma for six weeks. For seven days, she remained in the hospital as a "Jane Doe" because her identification papers were lost in the accident. When she finally came out of the coma, she had some brain damage, a damaged left eye, a crushed left thigh, and painful headaches. She had also lost a great amount of her memory. However, she worked through rehabilitation rather quickly and was released after two months.

She moved back to San Diego to live with her mother and niece; they planned to help her with more rehabilitation. Her headaches caused several periods of confusion and frustration. Although she was getting better physically, her mental health was getting much worse. According to her mother, on several occasions, Selena would be talking on the phone. After hanging up, she would be unable to recall who she was talking to on the phone. Selena became upset when she was unable to remember things.
Her family eventually allowed her to return home to San Francisco in May 1990. They hoped that the familiar surroundings would help her and her memory. Selena's friend Laurie noted that Selena was happy to be back in San Francisco. However, Laurie also felt that Selena was needed more help and that she needed someone to take care of her.

Despite her memory problems, Selena would call her mother regularly. In October 1990, Selena told her mother that she would be going away for awhile; she said that she was going with a person that would be taking care of her. She also told her mother that she would be calling her back soon; however, Selena never called her mother again. Selena's friend Tracy said that she had last heard from Selena around the same time. Selena had told Tracy that she was moving to the Midwest with a woman that she had just met. Selena did not even tell Tracy the woman's name.

After not hearing from Selena for several months, her family hired a private detective to look for her. He found several people who had seen Selena in San Francisco. Despite the few sightings, he never found her. Her family is unsure if she met with foul play or if she wandered off unaware of her identity due to her mental issues.

The last time Selena Edon was heard from was on December 31, 1991, when she left a garbled message on her friend Laurie's answering machine

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Selena_Edon

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/edon_selena.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/28262/1087 (Profile with DNA, Dental, and Fingerprints on file.)

Apart from a Facebook page that hasn't been updated since 2012 and a segment on Unsolved Mysteries back in 1994 (Now available on Amazon Prime) none else is reporting this case.

What are your thoughts? My guess if she's still alive she probably doesn't have any memories or is drifting. San Francisco is a big city.

Im eventually doing a post on her. Somewhere down the road.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

Help me keep this case alive. Most of you guys have more experience doing sleuthing than I do...

Help me keep this case alive. Most of you guys have more experience doing sleuthing than I do...
Ive tried to find newpaper articles to research the case. Cant find anything so far. Newspapers.com and Newspaperarchive.com dont have anything.

She was featured on Unsolved Mysteries.
Yeah I have that one ep actually. When I write an entry I usually like to add something to the story. Something not always reported. So I usually delve into it as much as I can. Ill recheck some areas online and go from there. I still plan on doing the entry. Just unsure what direction to take. Thanks.

Yeah I have that one ep actually. When I write an entry I usually like to add something to the story. Something not always reported. So I usually delve into it as much as I can. Ill recheck some areas online and go from there. I still plan on doing the entry. Just unsure what direction to take. Thanks.

Unsolved Mysteries Wikia expands a bit on the case.

Either she is living homeless or in shelters, or she ended her own life. I tend to lean towards the latter theory. It seems as if the phone calls to her Mom and friend were farewell calls. She’s probably a Doe.
Hope I’m wrong.

I been searching for Does with similar structures and I only found one from the year 2000. Submitted awhile ago, but go no answers. It's probably that she's homeless in SF, she would be around 50 years old now

Glide memorial church in SF has a tremendous outreach program to the homeless. We need an age regressed photo to send them

The Mysterious Disappearance of Selena Edon - Unsolved Mysteries

Selena’s family hired a private investigator to search for her. Even after she told her mother she was leaving town, she was sighted in San Francisco’s Tenderloin District. The investigator followed up on all the leads, but never found her. Selena’s family and friends continue to believe she’s alive somewhere in the United States, most likely lost and confused. Selena Marie Edon was born in 1962. She stands 5’7” tall and, at the time of her disappearance, weighed 110 pounds. Selena also walks with a limp.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back