733 users online (111 members and 622 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Kash Register exonerated after 34 years due to false testimony

This is an outrage. How many other innocents are in prison due to low life testimony like this? And the cops KNEW IT
    A man jailed for murder is to be released after 34 years - because the sister of the sole witness said her testimony was a lie.

Brenda Anderson testified in 1979 that Kash Delano Register, 53, had shot dead her elderly neighbor Jack Sasson at his West Los Angeles home.

But more than three decades later Anderson's sister Sharon took the stand and said the account was a lie.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2k9GEkZj4
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That <spit spewing foot stamping expletive> ought to give up 35 years of her lying, POS life.

People like this are not human.

Gosh, he was up for parole 11 times and all he had to do was admit his guilt. But he was innocent and refused to do that.

Poor guy

fran

Wrongly convicted man released after 34 years

"I'm just at a numb feeling right now. It just hasn't really set in yet. I know it's real, but it just hasn't truly set in yet. It's a beautiful feeling though," Register told reporters as he got out.

It's a moment that his mother, 76-year-old Wilma Register, has been waiting for for a long time.

"That was victory. That was what I have prayed for, for the world to see that this is not the right man. The system can make mistakes, but nobody believes that until it happens to them," she said.

The victory came on Thursday in a Los Angeles Superior Courtroom. A camera captured the moment Kash Register heard the news he would soon be a free man, all thanks to the efforts of a handful of Loyola Law School students who worked tirelessly for more than a year to win his release.

more at link ................. http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...les&id=9319203

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    Gosh, he was up for parole 11 times and all he had to do was admit his guilt. But he was innocent and refused to do that.

Poor guy

fran

Wrongly convicted man released after 34 years

"I'm just at a numb feeling right now. It just hasn't really set in yet. I know it's real, but it just hasn't truly set in yet. It's a beautiful feeling though," Register told reporters as he got out.

It's a moment that his mother, 76-year-old Wilma Register, has been waiting for for a long time.

"That was victory. That was what I have prayed for, for the world to see that this is not the right man. The system can make mistakes, but nobody believes that until it happens to them," she said.

The victory came on Thursday in a Los Angeles Superior Courtroom. A camera captured the moment Kash Register heard the news he would soon be a free man, all thanks to the efforts of a handful of Loyola Law School students who worked tirelessly for more than a year to win his release.

more at link ................. http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...les&id=9319203
    It really is a living nightmare, isn't it?

I have so much disdain for this horrible woman. How DARE she ruin another person's life and yet get off scott free? I honestly cannot wrap my head around such injustice.