1155 users online (205 members and 950 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

MI - Renisha McBride, 19, shot while trying to get help, Nov 1/2, 2013

Is there a thread discussing this case yet? 19 yr old woman in Detroit shot by homeowner in the middle of the night?

Media Thread: MI - Renisha McBride, 19, Shot MEDIA/TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 08-07-2014 at 05:50 PM. Reason: change to guilty
    IMO means In my opinion and that means it's just my opinion... Your mileage may vary.

I searched just using her first name and didn't find a thread for her.

I meant here on the websleuths forum. Where would I create one if inclined? Where would it fit?
    IMO means In my opinion and that means it's just my opinion... Your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ina Cognito View Post
    I meant here on the websleuths forum. Where would I create one if inclined? Where would it fit?
    I would make it in "Crimes in the News".

MI - Renisha McBride - Michigan shooting

Wanted to start a thread about this case as it looks like it's going to be very interesting.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...t-family-says/

This is a tragic case. Can't they interpret these Stand Your Ground laws to only apply if the victim has actually demonstrated they're a threat to the perp's safety?

Unless this guy shot through his own door, he had to pursue her to some degree.

More information in this article

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...ictims-family/

The attorney representing the family of a Detroit teenager who was shot and killed while apparently seeking help after a car accident says the girl was injured and may have wandered a Dearborn Heights neighborhood for as long as an hour before arriving on the porch of the man who shot her.

According to attorney Gerald Thurswell, McBride hit a parked car and "sustained bruises and lacerations" late Nov. 1 or early Nov. 2. Thurswell said that he spoke with people at a home near the scene of the accident who told him they came outside to help McBride and found her bleeding from the head.

"She kept telling them, 'I want to go home, I want to go home,'" he said.
    It sounds as though she sustained a head injury in the car crash and may have been wandering around the neighborhood in a daze. Poor girl. Instead of getting help, she was killed.
    Last edited by Betty P; 11-09-2013 at 05:12 PM.
    All statements are my opinion only.

A sad loss. Tragically similar to the recent case in North Carolina.

People are more afraid of strangers at their door in the night. Much more often, we hear about someone busting in & doing harm.

Yes, sounds to me like she may have sustained a head injury and was confused or disoriented. She wandered away from people trying to help her. She may have even passed out for a bit. IMO If you're frightened by someone outside your home you do NOT open you locked door and shoot them and then get to claim self-defense. The LE there is really sitting on info on this case and not letting much out at all. I haven't heard them deny that they originally told the parents she was dumped though....

Oh, sorry. I thought you meant you couldn't find a thread for her on Websleuths (and neither could I) so this would be the thread focusing on her case.

The reason I added the links to news coverage was not to divert you from websleuths to another source, or to insinuate that her case was being ignored by the press, but so participants here could read the news, become familiar with her case, be encouraged to do their own sleuthing, and get the discussion going.

Her death is tragic on several levels and so easily avoidable.

All I will say on this is that I am 99% sure had I been the woman knocking on the door for help I would be alive today. People are hateful idiots and they are packing. Joy.

*mutters under breath*

Quote Originally Posted by Betty P View Post
    This is a tragic case. Can't they interpret these Stand Your Ground laws to only apply if the victim has actually demonstrated they're a threat to the perp's safety?

Unless this guy shot through his own door, he had to pursue her to some degree.

More information in this article

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...ictims-family/

It sounds as though she sustained a head injury in the car crash and may have been wandering around the neighborhood in a daze. Poor girl. Instead of getting help, she was killed.
    Looks like that awesome law just allows people to shoot em up at will. And essplain later.

Yes, sounds to me like she may have sustained a head injury and was confused or disoriented. She wandered away from people trying to help her. She may have even passed out for a bit. IMO If you're frightened by someone outside your home you do NOT open you locked door and shoot them and then get to claim self-defense. The LE there is really sitting on info on this case and not letting much out at all. I haven't heard them deny that they originally told the parents she was dumped though....
    Word^^^^

But the murderer will probably get off. I have lost faith in cases like these.

I'm kinda local to Dearborn Heights, not sure where in Dearborn Heights this happened, it's pretty big. I've seen 2 differing stories on this. 1) she hit a parked car. 2) she hit another car and the driver called 911 and an ambulance. So why would she leave the scene ( which is illegal)to get help?The car accident was appox 16-18 ( in Detroit )miles from where she was shot at. Personally I do not believe she could walk that many miles in 2 hrs. And why go so far to find help? No 24 hr restaurants? gas stations? How much damage to her car?

Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast