1158 users online (207 members and 951 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Terry Hobbs & Pam Hicks on Opperman Report

West Memphis Three: Victims, Terry Hobbs, Pam Hicks, Case Expert Shaun Wheeler ..

Show description:

Coming up, this Saturday night 7 PM PST Studio A I'm filling in for Douglas Dietrich on Critical Omissions. Doug is in San Jose appearing at UFOCON Cypress senior Center San Jose CA.

So filling in for Doug I'm doing a West Memphis Three show, I have returning, Shaun Wheeler, expert on the case, Terry Hobbs the subject of the smear campaign and false accusations in the last HBO Documentary Paradise Lost Purgatory, and Pam Hicks mother of Steve Branch. Pam was portrayed by Oscar winning actress Reese Whithersoon, in the movie Devils Knot. This is the first appearance ever of Terry Hobbs and Pam Hicks since she has recanted and apologized for her allegations and suspicions regarding Terry Hobbs.

Blog post: http://oppermanreport.blogspot.com.a...rry-hobbs.html

To listen: This is where it gets weird, if you click on the schedule there is nothing at all for Saturday, so when I clicked on any of those scheduled shows I got live radio, so I think the thing to do is to listen live by clicking on one of the programs you see there, otherwise you can wait until they upload to YouTube (I know, clunky right?).

http://www.freedomslips.com/hifihome/schedule.htm

Should be interesting to hear the two of them together.
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

Due to illness it's been rescheduled .. will let you know when
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

That's a bummer, I was really forward to this.

I know .. super disappointed .. I hope it actually ends up happening!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    I know .. super disappointed .. I hope it actually ends up happening!
    Did any of you hear the last one? It was the same show with terry hobbs then too, as well as some other people. I can't recall who the other guests were. I think it aired a month or two ago. I've beeb meaning to, but I still haven't heard it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was Terry Hobbs and Shaun Wheeler on the show before. They had terrible audio problems, though. I think they've substituted the "author" William Ramsey who writes junk about Satanic ritual murders.

Just take a look at the sites they cite for information on the case! They're all non-oriented sites, except for Callahan's. How's that responsible journalism?

IMO, "somebody" must have gotten cold feet (or been warned by his lawyer to keep his yap shut). I hope he does go on again. Every time he opens his mouth he further indicts himself!

BTW, Shaun Wheeler is an infamous non who gained access (years ago) to the evidence in the case and may have actually contaminated some of the evidence. Believe him at your own risk! He's a little self-important, IMO - a self-professed "expert" on the case.

Here's the show with Hobbs and Wheeler from a month and a half ago:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzq392gFLzY"]The Opperman Report- Ed Opperman with guest Shaun Wheeler 2013 09 26 - YouTube[/ame]

As CR said, the audio issues are awful. As for the rest of what CR said, I'm not even going to bother.
    The Master said, "In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself." Confucius, The Doctrine of the Mean, James Legge translation

Failure is an opportunity. If you blame someone else, there is no end to the blame. Therefore the Master fulfills her own obligations and corrects her own mistakes. She does what she needs to do and demands nothing of others. Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching, Stephen Mitchell translation

I'm sorry, but IMO, if a program uses only neutral sites and one-sided sites to give its listeners "information" it is a breach of journalistic principles. They have a right to be biased, but I have a right to point out the bias, too.

As much as I'm sure you'd like everyone to read websites which deny such simple and well documented facts such as Echols having lived in West Memphis at the time of the murders, it's far from a breach of journalistic principles to do otherwise. As for actual breaches in journalistic principles, A Short History of the 12-Hour Interrogation provides a classic example of the fact checkers at everywhere from the New York Times to Rolling Stone parroting a flagrant misrepresentation of the well documented timeline of Misskelley's confession as if it were gospel.
    The Master said, "In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself." Confucius, The Doctrine of the Mean, James Legge translation

Failure is an opportunity. If you blame someone else, there is no end to the blame. Therefore the Master fulfills her own obligations and corrects her own mistakes. She does what she needs to do and demands nothing of others. Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching, Stephen Mitchell translation

Quote Originally Posted by Compassionate Reader View Post
    IMO, "somebody" must have gotten cold feet (or been warned by his lawyer to keep his yap shut). I hope he does go on again. Every time he opens his mouth he further indicts himself!
    Or could it be that Pam backed out and they didn't bother to do the show with terry alone since they'd already done that recently? Obviously speculating, but it seems to me that Pam has been going back and forth with regard to her feelings/opinions about Terry in recent years. Or maybe my insomnia is causing me to over speculate. Your opinion makes sense. He certainly doesn't do himself any favors when he chooses to open his mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UdbCrzy2 View Post
    That's a bummer, I was really forward to this.
    That is a bummer. The more they talk the better IMO.

The host of this show has so far failed to remember the victims' names despite doing two radio shows about their murder. Hopefully by the time he does his third show on this case he will have summoned up enough basic respect for Steven Branch, Christopher Byers and Michael Moore to at least remember their names.

Are Pam Hobbs and TWH friends now?
    What you're dealing with is a horrendous crime. Three young boys murdered in cold blood. Just that alone upsets people. You look at the bodies and there are these savage injuries all over. It affects people emotionally and warps their judgement and then someone says, "Maybe it's satanic."

And they say, "Well the only type of person who would do this would be someone like that."

Quote Originally Posted by missy_g View Post
    Not sure. For her sake, I would hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by missy_g View Post
    Yes there are pics of them BBQing together on his blog.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast