FL - Vincent Tucker, 33, dead in Tampa road rage incident, 26 April 2005

lady-eowyn

Reaction score
What is it with people and their uncontrollable anger on the road??!!!

TAMPA - Vincent Edward Tucker refused to get out of the fast lane when a man driving a large, black SUV pulled up behind him honking the horn on the Courtney Campbell Parkway Tuesday morning.

Tampa police say that's when the road rage began.

The SUV was relentless, and Tucker just wouldn't budge, witnesses said. They told investigators that the SUV's driver and Tucker got into a "heated argument" while traveling westbound on the Courtney Campbell, police spokeswoman Laura McElroy said. Gestures were exchanged by both, possibly even words, she said.

The black SUV eventually got into the right lane and passed Tucker's silver Isuzu Rodeo, then veered back into the fast lane, cutting him off, McElroy said. Tucker tried to avoid hitting the SUV by slamming on his brakes.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/04/27/Tampabay/Road_rage_causes_a_fa.shtml

Vincent Edward Tucker refused to get out of the fast lane when a man driving a large, black SUV pulled up behind him honking the horn on the Courtney Campbell Parkway Tuesday morning.

I'm not blaming this driver, because he surely didn't deserve to die for this....but I tell my sons all the time to ALWAYS do everything you can to "cooperate" with aggressive drivers. I tell them to treat every other driver as though that driver is capable of road rage.....do whatever it takes to appease and do nothing to escalate an incident.

kgeaux said:
I'm not blaming this driver, because he surely didn't deserve to die for this....but I tell my sons all the time to ALWAYS do everything you can to "cooperate" with aggressive drivers. I tell them to treat every other driver as though that driver is capable of road rage.....do whatever it takes to appease and do nothing to escalate an incident.
Oh I'm the same way...it does get me ticked off when someone tailgates me knowing that they can force me out of their way (I hate giving these people control, I really do) but I will get out of their way. Sometimes that doesn't stop them from gesturing the one finger salute though. I am so sick and tired of this uncontrollable rage...IMO those people are :loser:

FWIW, some witnesses in this case said that when the black SUV pulled in front of Tucker, the driver put on his brakes, which is what caused Tucker to have to brake and lose control. I mean, yes, I get aggravated at those who go slow in the passing lane, but for crying out loud, it's just a little thing in the scheme of life!! There is too much anger in our society. It's really scary. I do hope if they catch this person they prosecute to the fullest extent of the law....and get him into some anger management (not sure why I'm assuming it's a him, but it usually is)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back