CT - Robert Chesters, 42, drugged daughter so he could rape her friend

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
I am so angry about this case and how the press has chosen to cover it. :facepalm:

Just read some of the snips from the article (the bolds are by me):

LEBANON, CT (WFSB) -
A Lebanon father of three is accused of drugging one of his children in order to have sex with her young friend, according to court documents.

Robert Chesters, 42, was arrested after having a relationship with a 12-year-old girl during a period of a few weeks, according to court documents.

The relationship between the girl and Chesters started after she had a sleep-over with his daughter at his home in August.

SNIP

Court papers reveal Chesters apparently knew the relationship wouldn't last and he even texted her at just 7 a.m. on the day police were closing in on him.

http://www.ktre.com/story/23911130/TODO

My DD just turned 13. If I ever found a grown a$$ man was having a "relationship" with my DD I can guarantee you it is me, not he who would be in jail. He would be 6 foot under.

It really pizzes me off that this article call it relationship, having sex, etc.

This girl is 12! I don't flipping care if she's got breasts, seems mature for her age, what, she is 12! 12!

Are they kidding?

:puke:

A 12 year old cannot have a "relationship" with anyone.

WTH is up with this media report? The guy is a sick pedo.

:facepalm:

What can we do to get the media to stop using this language when reporting what is LEGALLY and MORALLY nothing more than RAPE?

"Had sex with", "sexual relationship with", "engaged in sex acts with".

NO! Call a spade a spade. It is child rape. Period.

OMG that is infuriating! That practically makes it sound as if it's not that big of a deal! Since when did the drugging of one child and the rape of another become "having sex" and a "relationship?"

Grown man and 12 year old? That's not relationship, that's child abuse.

I hope his daughter is checked too, since he also DRUGGED his own daughter who's to say he also didn't drug her on other occasions to rape her too? Disgusting.

This wording annoys me so much. I feel like it puts some of the blame on the victim. By saying it was a relationship, it's making her out to be a "wild child".

From January:

http://www.nhregister.com/general-n...ies-of-apparent-suicide-at-connecticut-prison

Connecticut prison officials say an inmate awaiting trial on a sex assault charge has died of an apparent suicide at the MacDougall-Walker Correctional Institution in Suffield.

The Department of Correction says Robert Chesters, 42, of Lebanon, was found unresponsive in his cell with an extension cord tied around his neck. He had been alone in the cell. Staff took measures to revive him but he was later pronounced dead at Saint Francis Hospital in Hartford.

What can we do to get the media to stop using this language when reporting what is LEGALLY and MORALLY nothing more than RAPE?

"Had sex with", "sexual relationship with", "engaged in sex acts with".

NO! Call a spade a spade. It is child rape. Period.

In the early 1980's I read a book with something about "Boise, Idaho" in the title. I never knew where it came from, something from a previous tenant, roommate, friend of a friend. It was published by an association called, "The North American Man-Boy Love Association," headquartered at that time in Boise, Idaho. It was my first inkling that there were people out there who wanted psychologically and physically to have an adult-type relationship with an actual child. Without hardly ever hearing or knowing anything else about this group, known as NAMBLA, the last 35 years, I know there are groups like this who peddle their influence and their dollars into media, university, advertising, politics, etc. It is truly not a matter of this reporter or that one, it is how they were raised, educated,and taught to see the world through increasingly dark, powerful, forces that we regular people are not aware of, but we keep wondering why we are at the places we are at.

http://nambla.org/welcome.html

Do not read this if you have a weak stomach. Read and be prepared for emotions like disgust, anger, potential nausea and vomiting, outrage, etc.

In the early 1980's I read a book with something about "Boise, Idaho" in the title. I never knew where it came from, something from a previous tenant, roommate, friend of a friend. It was published by an association called, "The North American Man-Boy Love Association," headquartered at that time in Boise, Idaho. It was my first inkling that there were people out there who wanted psychologically and physically to have an adult-type relationship with an actual child. Without hardly ever hearing or knowing anything else about this group, known as NAMBLA, the last 35 years, I know there are groups like this who peddle their influence and their dollars into media, university, advertising, politics, etc. It is truly not a matter of this reporter or that one, it is how they were raised, educated,and taught to see the world through increasingly dark, powerful, forces that we regular people are not aware of, but we keep wondering why we are at the places we are at.

http://nambla.org/welcome.html

Do not read this if you have a weak stomach. Read and be prepared for emotions like disgust, anger, potential nausea and vomiting, outrage, etc.
I've been aware of NAMBLA for years yet reading that page still makes me want to vomit. With the out of control political correctness in this country I fear these freaks will garner more and more sympathizers in the future.

I've been aware of NAMBLA for years yet reading that page still makes me want to vomit. With the out of control political correctness in this country I fear these freaks will garner more and more sympathizers in the future.

If ideology was all that it took to shape sexuality, the numerical predominance of heterosexuals would be enough to have guaranteed perpetual heterosexuality for the global population. That hasn't happened, and there have been heterosexual and homosexual pedophiles throughout history.

I mention this mainly because of the mention of 'political correctness', which is a term that is curiously applied, speaking as a social scientist. By the definition of the term, there was arguably much more political correctness in the 1950's than there has been ever since, but the expression was appropriated by some folks in the late 80's, early 90's, to be used an excuse to make offensive statements, often in the form of "it may be politically incorrect of me to say, but I think that all of the ****** should be sent back to ******," etc. (the asterisks were my own)

If anyone should take the time to slap themselves on the face, it shouldn't be hard to realize that being 'politically correct' should be a virtue in a democracy, under the Christian policy of loving thy neighbor. But that gets lost, and the term has been bastardized into a way of saying offensive (say, racist, sexist, or homophobic) things -- "I hope it's not politically incorrect of me to say this, but blah, garbage, blah."

I hope you don't vomit too much about this stuff. I am no fan of NAMBLA, but disliking them is not a political decision for anyone.

If ideology was all that it took to shape sexuality, the numerical predominance of heterosexuals would be enough to have guaranteed perpetual heterosexuality for the global population. That hasn't happened, and there have been heterosexual and homosexual pedophiles throughout history.

I mention this mainly because of the mention of 'political correctness', which is a term that is curiously applied, speaking as a social scientist. By the definition of the term, there was arguably much more political correctness in the 1950's than there has been ever since, but the expression was appropriated by some folks in the late 80's, early 90's, to be used an excuse to make offensive statements, often in the form of "it may be politically incorrect of me to say, but I think that all of the ****** should be sent back to ******," etc. (the asterisks were my own)

If anyone should take the time to slap themselves on the face, it shouldn't be hard to realize that being 'politically correct' should be a virtue in a democracy, under the Christian policy of loving thy neighbor. But that gets lost, and the term has been bastardized into a way of saying offensive (say, racist, sexist, or homophobic) things -- "I hope it's not politically incorrect of me to say this, but blah, garbage, blah."

I hope you don't vomit too much about this stuff. I am no fan of NAMBLA, but disliking them is not a political decision for anyone.

I'm able to form my own opinions without the help of elitist academia. And thanks for the concern but your condescending remarks didn't relieve my nausea.

They need to see if he has been with other girls. Or if there are kids missing in areas that he frequented.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back