ID ID - David Uhl, 56, Priest Lake, 21 Sep 2010

Snoopster

Reaction score
A Department of Transportation employee first discovered Uhl's truck in the mountains northeast of Priest Lake around the first week of October and notified the local authorities three weeks later on Tuesday, Oct. 28 that the truck was still there.

That same day Uhl's family filed a missing persons report, but Bonner and Boundary county sheriff's offices called off search and rescue teams on Oct. 29 because of snow-packed mountains in rugged terrain that prevented search dogs from finding traces of Uhl's possible trajectory.

http://www.shoshonenewspress.com/news/article_ca2b3bba-ee80-11df-b36b-001cc4c002e0.html

I know this is already several years old, but what happened to this guy? He was known to be a loner, but he never came back to his truck. Was it an accident? suicide? Foul play?

With his truck found at a trailhead, I think that Israel Keyes rises to the top of the list of potential predators, but I'm not sure that he was in the area at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50jr4nh0m8o

...and another link:

However after a month without any word from his dad Jonathon Uhl began to panic, especially after his dad?s truck was found abandoned.

Jonathon had to see the truck himself to believe it.

?His cup of coffee sitting there half drank, that hits hard, that?s his favorite coffee cup,? Jonathon said.

?We're doing this for the family, we want to try to bring closure for them if we can, we're putting an all out effort,? Mike Neilsen said.

http://www.kxly.com/news/Search-Suspended-For-Missing-Hiker/-/101270/686076/-/46f8kw/-/index.html

showPhotograph.action

Idaho Missing Persons Clearinghouse - https://isp.idaho.gov/mp_viewer/showMissingPerson.action?id=M109283124

How did I miss this? I have goon and go to this area a lot my entire life. Will have to search more. Not too far north of Priest Lake is the Canadian border.

I wonder if his truck was found locked or unlocked? If it was locked, it would most likely meant he was going to be gone awhile. Even though it is very much a deep forest, depending on the area, you can run into a lot of people. I always lock my doors if I am going for a hike with the family. I don't think a person attacked him because they didn't take anything valuable; his truck was left there unless someone else left it there to make it look like David went on his own. Most likely, he got lost or an animal got him (I hate to say that :()

Unfortunately, at 56, he may have had a sudden health event ( heart attack, stroke, etc.)

I agree. This is a definite risk. The only thing that concerns me about this theory is that you would think that someone would have come across his body sometime in the past three years. People that suffer a heart attack or stroke would likely drop on the path they were on. They wouldn't likely wander off the trail into the bush.

I agree. This is a definite risk. The only thing that concerns me about this theory is that you would think that someone would have come across his body sometime in the past three years. People that suffer a heart attack or stroke would likely drop on the path they were on. They wouldn't likely wander off the trail into the bush.

I am thinking animals may have "moved" him. :(

Respectfully sniped & BBM
RE: Snoopster:
I know this is already several years old, but what happened to this guy? He was known to be a loner, but he never came back to his truck. Was it an accident? suicide? Foul play?

With his truck found at a trailhead, I think that Israel Keyes rises to the top of the list of potential predators, but I'm not sure that he was in the area at the time.

Israel Keys? Worth a look see, Snoopster. Sure sounds like IK's MO. & imo, IK took many of his unknowns with him to the grave..Good catch..
David Uhl's coffee cup was found at his truck half full. As a coffee drinker myself, a half full coffee cup would raise red flags of foul play...

Websleuths has multiple threads on Keyes- Threads in Forum : Israel Keyes
Israel Keyes - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing CommunityMedia Thread **NO DISCUSSION** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Serial Killers > Israel Keyes
Media Thread **NO DISCUSSION**

snipped
"There is no one who knows me," he said in a raspy voice, "or who has ever known me, who knows anything about me, really." Talk with them and you'll get the he-was-a-nice-quiet-guy answer.

Israel Keyes, "They are going to tell you something that does not line up with anything I tell you because I'm two different people, basically," he continued. "And the only person who knows about what I'm telling you, the kind of things I'm telling you, is me."

snipped
"Back when I was smart [before he got caught] . . . I would let them come to me in a remote area," the slightly built, curly-haired murderer said. "I would go to a remote area that's not anywhere near where you live, but that other people go to as well."
And if you're choosing people to kill, he said, you can't be too picky. "You might not get exactly what you [want]." But on the upside, "there's also no witnesses, really. There's nobody else around."

Confessed serial killer Israel Keyes admitted he enjoyed killing people, but couldn't or wouldn't give investigators a more meaningful answer when quizzed why he did it.

"There were just times, a couple of times, where we would try to get a why," said Anchorage Police officer Jeff Bell, who helped interrogate Keyes for hours.
"He would have this term, he would say, 'A lot of people ask why, and I would be, like, why not?'" Bell said.

He lived in Washington between 2001 and 2007, before moving to Alaska. The FBI believes he would look for his murder victims in remote areas like campgrounds, trailheads and parks. Keyes told investigators he killed five people in Washington during that time, and those victims have still not been identified.

"We have information he may have been in western Washington, we have a claim he made about a body he might have dumped into a lake near Port Angeles," Dietrich added. "But there's the possibility he traveled through other parts of the state or nation."

Before killing the Curriers and Koenig, Keyes’ killings didn't attract much attention. He noted that missing men, in particular, didn't get attention. People just assume they've left home. "He goes, 'Oddly the bank robbery I did in New York got more publicity than the person I took and killed,’ " Russo said.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=27533464#dKqw26PVmeJomYIu.99

RE: Confidence/FBI Timeline of Israel Keyes
<sniped & BBM>

Alaska investigators say Keyes felt a high from serial killings

Russo doubts all the bodies will be found. "I feel like we lost this case," he said. "And we lost because we couldn't get these people out of his head that he kept there. That's how he described it. I have these people, they're my people, they belong to me. In killing himself, that was his answer to us: You'll never get these people out of my head."

Russo said he believes Keyes killed as many as 11 or 12 people. The FBI and Anchorage Police Department investigators also upped the number on Friday, saying Keyes may have had 11 victims. They'd previously said at least eight.

FBI agent Darren Jones said the FBI always thought there might be more than eight. Additional information makes them confident there's more. But no one may ever know the real number.

One thing's for sure: Keyes was meticulous. A national expert on serial killers retained for the case said Keyes was among the top three organizers, thinkers and planners he'd studied, said Russo.

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/alaska-investigators-say-keyes-felt-high-serial-killings

How odd is it that he crossed my mind this day and I went searching for his thread and JusticeWillBeServed posts its been 5 years today?! Hope he is found and answers are given to his family. So very sad!

• david_walter_uhl_1.jpg
  • david_walter_uhl_2.jpg
Uhl, circa 2010
  • Missing Since 09/21/2010
  • Missing From Priest Lake, Idaho
  • Classification Lost/Injured Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 07/12/1954 (69)
  • Age 56 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 150 pounds

• Associated Vehicle(s) Pickup truck (accounted for)

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Uhl wears eyeglasses.

Details of Disappearance​

Uhl disappeared from Priest Lake, Idaho on September 21, 2010. He has never been heard from again and an extensive search turned up no sign of him. On October 8, his pickup truck was found on Wigwam Trail on the south side of a mountain in Priest Lake State Park. Inside it was a half-full cup of coffee.

The Department of Lands employee who initially noticed the vehicle thought nothing of it at the time and it wasn't until October 26, after it was reported as abandoned, that it was connected with Uhl.

Authorities believe Uhl, an avid hunter, became lost or injured while hiking in the area. His case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Bonner County Sheriff's Office 208-263-8417

Source Information​

Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 6, 2015; picture added, details of disappearance updated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back