1425 users online (264 members and 1161 guests)  

Websleuths News

CO - Terry Lankford, 51, & Carol Fowler, 51, murdered, Black Forest, 9 Nov 2013

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/S...231284911.html

"A gunman is on the loose after the El Paso County Sheriff's Office says he shot and killed two people and seriously injured one."

(first time starting a thread like this, so let me know if I didn't post properly)

Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/S...231284911.html

"A gunman is on the loose after the El Paso County Sheriff's Office says he shot and killed two people and seriously injured one."

(first time starting a thread like this, so let me know if I didn't post properly)
    What H-E-double hockey sticks is going on in this country?

I hope Target sells kevlar longjohns. Looks like we are all gonna need them.

NO mental health benefits for those who need them

POI looks like a candidate for a long MH stay. Our MH system is so broken, and those of us who dare to conduct ourselves as ordinary citizens at the bank, grocery, mall, parking lots, schools, are now the targets of the violent psychotics. Most mentally ill are not violent psychotics but in the past we did have a huge layer of protection with state mental facilities and family resources.

There is a multiple shooting every day in the States it seems, you guys do realise this doesn't happen like this in other developed countries don't you? I can't remember the last time we had one.
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    There is a multiple shooting every day in the States it seems, you guys do realise this doesn't happen like this in other developed countries don't you? I can't remember the last time we had one.
    Believe me. There are many of us who know this. And are weeping for our collective futures.

But it ain't gonna change. Too many people are more concerned with their individual liberties than the good of the nation as a whole. It's all about "me, me,me".

@Tawny:

Your hamster is freaking me out. Is he packing?

Mrs. G, how advanced is your news in Australia? Thanks in advance. xoxo Glad to see you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Know? View Post
    Mrs. G, how advanced is your news in Australia? Thanks in advance. xoxo Glad to see you again.
    LOL!! That makes it sound like we still use valve radios
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

From August 2014:

http://gazette.com/lankford-pleads-g...rticle/1535974

Kenneth Lankford pleaded guilty to first-degree murder, second-degree murder, criminal attempt to commit first-degree murder, and burglary in a plea agreement, the 4th Judicial District Attorney's Office said.

He was also sentenced Thursday and will serve life in prison without parole, plus 104 years...

Widow is offline .I.P. Donnie, Dave, Melinda, Clayton, Lesa, James: Hang in there, Billy
    R.I.P. Terry Trout (Lankford). Ken did receive life plus 104 years. His sentence did not make me feel better. At all. Terry was my beloved sister. Tonight, I wish comfort and peace for all the families who are suffering in the Todd Kohlhepp murders - the pain of the actual crime and investigation is indescribable, the searing horror of finally knowing the details is intolerable, and the courtroom is beyond a living hell, having to be in such close proximity to a severely sick animal who is full of excuses and lies and pride and bragadocious righteousness. And yet know this murderer was once a severely ill child who was failed by the world. Losing a loved one this way steals joy, hope, peace of mind, and health. There are no words for the depth of suffering for the survivors, their hell continues on even after their story is forgotten and old news. Please, please reach out and offer comfort and a listening ear anytime you meet a survivor because their hurt is great and always with them.

I thank Goodness for this wonderful community, I have twice lost a loved one to murder and I have publicly and privately received the most incredible kindnesses from this group. There is no instruction book for crime victims and you guys just showed me how to find my way, I think every one of you are pretty awesome...