908 users online (182 members and 726 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippy Chick View Post
    I am so glad to see this forum on the Manson family. In all of the true crime this is the one I know the most about. I have read all the books. People are always surprised that I know so much.
    OT-Have you ever seen the Documentary "Six Degrees of Helter Skelter"? It's on Netflix. I find it creepy because he talks about how members of The Family would go into people's houses when they weren't home and rearrange their furniture and things like that. I don't know exactly how true it is (I'm not totally well versed on the case but I do know some things and I have read Helter Skelter) but that just toally creeps me out.
    The narrator seems to know a whole lot about the case.
    What you're dealing with is a horrendous crime. Three young boys murdered in cold blood. Just that alone upsets people. You look at the bodies and there are these savage injuries all over. It affects people emotionally and warps their judgement and then someone says, "Maybe it's satanic."

And they say, "Well the only type of person who would do this would be someone like that."

Creepy Crawlies
    The Seeker / Sports Freak /

Quote Originally Posted by dgfred View Post
    Creepy Crawlies

Creepy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What you're dealing with is a horrendous crime. Three young boys murdered in cold blood. Just that alone upsets people. You look at the bodies and there are these savage injuries all over. It affects people emotionally and warps their judgement and then someone says, "Maybe it's satanic."

And they say, "Well the only type of person who would do this would be someone like that."

About 15 years ago I was a high school junior reading Helter Skelter in my precalculus class. My teacher didn't care for me after that. I didn't care for her prior so it was all good Manson has fascinated me for years, even prior to reading helter skelter. I wrote a couple of papers on him in grad school during a crisis and abuse class.

I am probably the only person in the world without netflx but I think I'm going to have to get it so I can see the "six degrees of helter skelter" The children of the stars at the time who hung around manson's followers has always been interesting to me also. I need to also reread Helter Skelter.
    Last edited by southerncat; 05-09-2014 at 11:11 AM. Reason: wording
    IMO

He has been up for parole every few years. He just acts like a jerk for the most part trying to deliver messages and make statements nobody wants to hear.

He will not get out IMO.

Do you think he's half as crazy as he pretends to be now?

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    Do you think he's half as crazy as he pretends to be now?

Probably so being completely loony to begin with IMO.

Note:
    Helter Skelter book has a remark that biker Al Springer "vanished". In fact he died in 2000. See http://www.cielodrive.com/updates/?author=1&paged=8

so how mnay children do you all think manson fathered at that ranch.
    Dont Be A Sheep

I have been fascinated in this case for years, perhaps being from the Ashland, Ky area and knowing some of Darwin Scott's (Colonel Scott's brother) grand-kids and also worked for Darwin's son. Know where the home of Ada Kathleen Maddox was when she met Scott, also know where the apartment is where Darwin was hacked to death, the owner claims there are still marks in the floor from the knife. It is strange for me to know that he did spend some time in the area as a toddler before he went to WV to live with his aunt and uncle.

I don't think anyone here would ask, but I won't post pictures of the house or apartment because people live there now and don't want thier homes on the web.

Lately on other forums I have seen talk of Helter Skelter not really being the reason behind the murders.

1- Helter Skelter as proposed by Vincent Bugliosi

2- Copy Cat murders to make them seem similar to the murder of G.Hinman by Bobby B. This would be to try to get Bobby out of jail.

3- Drug deal burn caused Tex? Linda? Charlie? to go with others to the two homes and kill.

4- Revenge from Charlie because the previous owner of the Tate home didn't help in his music career like he wanted. The LaBianca home was also next to another home Charlie visited before... also relating to music and drugs. Both these homes may have been hit to send a message to the previous owners.

5- Pure evil... just went out searching for people to kill.

*What is your theory?
    Charlie missing out on his music career. Music producer had lived there. If you listen to him when he's coherent you can see he's charismatic and sometimes brilliant.

Could you give me a couple of example of his 'brilliance'? Charismatic I can agree with.

Only one principle Family member has died in over 40 years since the crime and the trial. Here's a personal story worth reading:

http://www.dialmurder.com/2013/10/15...-manson-trial/

Prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi has died. He can go to his rest knowing he put them away, and they haven't gotten out in over 40 years.

Bless him.

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintgiver View Post
    Prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi has died. He can go to his rest knowing he put them away, and they haven't gotten out in over 40 years.

Bless him.
    Wow, he's the same age as Manson and the "guru" is still flourishing! Things must be really rough in prison.

Anyway, R.I.P. Vincent.
    Last edited by STANDREID; 06-09-2015 at 05:19 PM.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Think about it....

Charlie Manson is charismatic in a Hitleresque sort of way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2