Charles Manson Crime Thread - General Discussion

dgfred

Reaction score
Seems we had some interest so anything relating to Charles Manson, the Family and the Tate-LaBianca murders can go in this thread. Welcome.

There is a lot interest in the case especially considering that it's solved. But, a few of us even remember it when it was still unsolved.:candle:

Lately on other forums I have seen talk of Helter Skelter not really being the reason behind the murders.

1- Helter Skelter as proposed by Vincent Bugliosi

2- Copy Cat murders to make them seem similar to the murder of G.Hinman by Bobby B. This would be to try to get Bobby out of jail.

3- Drug deal burn caused Tex? Linda? Charlie? to go with others to the two homes and kill.

4- Revenge from Charlie because the previous owner of the Tate home didn't help in his music career like he wanted. The LaBianca home was also next to another home Charlie visited before... also relating to music and drugs. Both these homes may have been hit to send a message to the previous owners.

5- Pure evil... just went out searching for people to kill.

*What is your theory?

There are a LOT of threads about the Manson murders on the forum. Would you guys like me to make a subforum in the Serial Killer area?

Okay, will do. I'm at werk now and have plans after, but I will get it set up in the next day or few. :grouphug: Creating forums is not easy to do in between work tasks. :kimsterwink:

Take your time... we are thankful.

OK, here was the family members at the murders:

Hinman- Bobby, Sadie (Susan), and Mary. Charlie and Bruce are claimed to have gone by.

Tate- Tex, Sadie, Linda K, Patricia (Katie). Some think Charlie went to scene afterwards.

LaBianca- First Charlie and Tex, then Sadie, Linda K, Katie and Leslie VH.

Shorty- Charlie, Clem (Grogan) and Bruce.

I find who went to be fascinating, especially to the LaBianca's because they had to know what happened the night before. Yes you... Leslie VanHouton.

The prosecution needed Linda K's testimony after Sadie recanted her confessions.
But if you look at it she KNEW people had been slaughtered at the Tate residence after she was only there to be the driver/lookout supposidly from the Bugliosi view. Then the next night she went to the LaBianca's home... not even used for driving. She would be bad as the rest IMO. I wonder if she was really in on the stabbings too. I think she knows alot more about the whole thing.

Lately on other forums I have seen talk of Helter Skelter not really being the reason behind the murders.

1- Helter Skelter as proposed by Vincent Bugliosi

2- Copy Cat murders to make them seem similar to the murder of G.Hinman by Bobby B. This would be to try to get Bobby out of jail.

3- Drug deal burn caused Tex? Linda? Charlie? to go with others to the two homes and kill.

4- Revenge from Charlie because the previous owner of the Tate home didn't help in his music career like he wanted. The LaBianca home was also next to another home Charlie visited before... also relating to music and drugs. Both these homes may have been hit to send a message to the previous owners.

5- Pure evil... just went out searching for people to kill.

*What is your theory?

Charlie's reason for the Tate LaBianca murders may have been for all of the above reasons. I've read several autobiographies of former "Family" members, and they all seem to remember things differently.

Watkins and Atkins remember Tate/LaBianca as a way to get Bobby out of prison and a way to "jumpstart" Helter Skelter. Gypsy remembers it solely as a way to jumpstart Helter Skelter (She wasn't present during any murder)

I truly think Manson was so full of fury at Terry Melcher and the musical establishment, AND just plain power mad. He groomed these young people to give in to their basest instincts. He himself never truly believed in Helter Skelter. But his idiot followers did. He just wanted people dead. He was full of hate and evil mischief, and he got them to do what he couldn't accomplish on his own.

What was his sentence like is he up for parole yet or is he ever up for parole..

He has been up for parole every few years. He just acts like a jerk for the most part trying to deliver messages and make statements nobody wants to hear.

He will not get out IMO.

He has been up for parole every few years. He just acts like a jerk for the most part trying to deliver messages and make statements nobody wants to hear.

He will not get out IMO.

Charlie doesn't even attend his parole hearings any longer

I am so glad to see this forum on the Manson family. In all of the true crime this is the one I know the most about. I have read all the books. People are always surprised that I know so much.

I am so glad to see this forum on the Manson family. In all of the true crime this is the one I know the most about. I have read all the books. People are always surprised that I know so much.

OT-Have you ever seen the Documentary "Six Degrees of Helter Skelter"? It's on Netflix. I find it creepy because he talks about how members of The Family would go into people's houses when they weren't home and rearrange their furniture and things like that. I don't know exactly how true it is (I'm not totally well versed on the case but I do know some things and I have read Helter Skelter) but that just toally creeps me out.
The narrator seems to know a whole lot about the case.

About 15 years ago I was a high school junior reading Helter Skelter in my precalculus class. My teacher didn't care for me after that. I didn't care for her prior so it was all good :) Manson has fascinated me for years, even prior to reading helter skelter. I wrote a couple of papers on him in grad school during a crisis and abuse class.

I am probably the only person in the world without netflx but I think I'm going to have to get it so I can see the "six degrees of helter skelter" The children of the stars at the time who hung around manson's followers has always been interesting to me also. I need to also reread Helter Skelter.

He will not get out IMO.

Do you think he's half as crazy as he pretends to be now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back