1160 users online (157 members and 1003 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    I found these on google images:

link

link

link

link

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2 View Post
    I found these on google images:

link

link

link

link
    OK, so the fencing is there at the height of the cottage but does not obscure much due to the wide spacing. thanks for these pics.

Looks like those pics are taken in a different season tho as the vegetation is thick and green. Murder happened in November. The cottage did not look like that.

Quote Originally Posted by redheadedgal View Post
    agatha christie, watch out !!

as one example of how truth has been incorrectly portrayed/exaggerated/misrepresented:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...th-horror.html

http://blog.seattlepi.com/thebigblog...-in-knox-case/

I doubt anyone who believes them to be guilty came to that conclusion based on that bathroom photo. So that's a moot point. Amanda's PR team has done their fair share media spin.

Quote Originally Posted by dgfred View Post
    Love your Arias line at the bottom of your post aa.

Like she just figured it out. Haha. Nice.

And the way she said it was like she had just discovered the cure for cancer or something
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

Quote Originally Posted by whiterum View Post
    http://www.nbcnews.com/video/dateline/49768727

Such as in the case of Sheila Davalloo, although she had murdered Anna Lisa Raymundo by bludgeoning and stabbing her nine times in the victims own home there were no fingerprints, no DNA , nothing of the killer found at the bloodied crime scene, except for a tiny drop of her blood mixed with the victim's on a sink handle in Anna Lisa's bathroom.
    Oh wow. That is pretty incredible. And how weird was it that she was her own lawyer....that must have been a strange, strange trial.
    Now my philosophy is that it's never okay to kill someone. -- Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias

Quote Originally Posted by sherlockh View Post
    I found more 'scuff marks'

With regards to the view of Filomena's window from the street, I think that the main point is that there is much more risk with that wndow than somewhere towards the back of the house. It is visible from the street, that's undeniable.

Also, let's say Rudy managed to get up to the window as the climber did, using his athleticism. So he is hanging from the windowsill, as it shows the climber doing.....then he would have to have pulled himself up with his hands firmly on the wndowsill, then sort of lunged forward through the window. His entire body, from forearms to feet, would have had contact with that windowill as he pulled himself through it.

So I do not believe that he could have done all of that, and the police would still think the window was staged. It would have been an obvious true window entry, IMO.

You can fool even intelligent people some of the time

Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    Well, they deliberately misled with their headline to sell papers. Obviously the bright pink in the bath looks nothing like blood, and is a luminol type substance. The blood picture is the one to the right, (when you link to the actually article, and see the pics side by side) with the smearing on the floor, in the murder room. The blood at the site of the murder is obviously authentic. No one could mistake that bright pink for blood. It looks like food coloring.
    It was enough to fool Judy Bachrach of Vanity Fair, and an intelligent and central commenter on the Duke Lacrosse case, "Joan Foster," who had a hand in forming Liestoppers. Bachrach wrote, "She had found the bathroom she shared with Meredith smeared with so much blood it looked as though a butcher had attempted washing up and then given up the task." Releasing that photo when AK and RS were already incarcerated runs roughshod over the principle that the prosecution should remain silent while a matter is sub judice.
    Last edited by Chris_Halkides; 11-12-2013 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    No one could mistake that bright pink for blood. It looks like food coloring.
    i presume you weren't able to read all the comments about the bloody bathroom under the article before they were removed...

apparently mignini used a reference to a blood spattered bathroom in his closing too:

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/suppo...speak-facebook

(interesting point about the coroner in link as well)
    *** THIS POST IS JMO (unless a link is provided) AND IS ONLY FOR USE ON WEBSLEUTHS -- PLEASE DO NOT LINK OR COPY IT ELSEWHERE ***

mixed DNA

Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    Not to mention there was a mixed DNA sample of Meredith and amanda in Filomenas room. The excuse they lived together can't be used for this one. Considering there was no sample of either other roommate mixed with Meredith. Not even Filomenas own room.

How did that mixed sample revealed with luminal get there?
    Mixed DNA is a common occurrence in forensics. Luminol detects the possibility of blood, nothing more. The negative TMB tests means that it probably was not blood, and the lack of a confirmatory test means that no one has any business concluding that it was blood. The lack of good forensic technique might have led to apparently mixed samples of DNA in some instances. It is known that gloves themselves can test positive for DNA, yet Stefanoni only indicated that they were changed after handling an item that was particularly soiled (as summarized in Massei). The lack of substrate controls (DNA tests near the luminol stain) is another strike against the stain as evidence. One of the samples from Filomena's room had some extra alleles (possibly Rep. 177). The forensic police did not obtain Laura's or Filomena's reference profiles; therefore, unidentified DNA might be theirs for all anyone knows.

Yet first among equals in what is wrong with this evidence is the fact that it was collected on 18 December. The American Bar Association’s standards for collecting evidence reads in part, “Standard 2.1 Collecting DNA evidence from a crime scene or other location

(a) Whenever a serious crime appears to have been committed and there is reason to believe that DNA evidence relevant to the crime may be present at the crime scene or other location, that evidence should be collected promptly.”

I would either exclude all evidence taken on this date or I would take it at a deep discount to evidence collected promptly, and that goes for evidence collected against Guede as well. There was traffic in the cottage in the intervening period; Barbie Nadeau took a picture of an open door behind some crime scene tape on or about 14 November, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    With regards to the view of Filomena's window from the street, I think that the main point is that there is much more risk with that wndow than somewhere towards the back of the house. It is visible from the street, that's undeniable.

Also, let's say Rudy managed to get up to the window as the climber did, using his athleticism. So he is hanging from the windowsill, as it shows the climber doing.....then he would have to have pulled himself up with his hands firmly on the wndowsill, then sort of lunged forward through the window. His entire body, from forearms to feet, would have had contact with that windowill as he pulled himself through it.

So I do not believe that he could have done all of that, and the police would still think the window was staged. It would have been an obvious true window entry, IMO.
    Let's not forget the latch he had to be able to reach while hanging there.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    Looks like those pics are taken in a different season tho as the vegetation is thick and green. Murder happened in November. The cottage did not look like that.
    the you tube video smk linked earlier shows the vegetation to be "thick and green" imo... it was uploaded late nov 2007.
    *** THIS POST IS JMO (unless a link is provided) AND IS ONLY FOR USE ON WEBSLEUTHS -- PLEASE DO NOT LINK OR COPY IT ELSEWHERE ***

Quote Originally Posted by redheadedgal View Post
    the you tube video smk linked earlier shows the vegetation to be "thick and green" imo... it was uploaded late nov 2007.
    These photos also show the vegetation around the cottage at the time period of the murder:

link

link

link

link

http://perugiamurderfile.org/gallery...&image_id=2638

View from the fence rail. Pretty clear view IMO

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast