GUILTY SC - Alex 'Davon' Buckman, 17, Spartanburg, 24 March 2005

lady-eowyn

Reaction score
http://www.thecarolinachannel.com/spartanburgnewsroom/4353115/detail.html

SPARTANBURG -- A Spartanburg family fears the disappearance of their 17-year-old son is linked to a homicide investigation in which he is a witness.

Clifton Fleming has been charged with murder in the death of Shamon Martin, who was found slumped over a car in a yard Dec. 11. Martin died of his injuries almost a month later.Alex Buckman was a witness to the incident, and hasn't been seen since March 24.

THe sister was interviewed on TV last night stating the accusers friends had been questioning the brother about what he told the police.

She also stated that the missing boy didn't actually witness the shooting, he heard the shots, he was in the bathroom and tried to get out the window but couldn't so he waited awhile and then left the house. He was later questioned by police and told them what he knew.

The sister/family is convinced it is related to the murder.

lady-eowyn, thanks so much for searching this out. I really wanted us to have a thread for him but couldn't remember his name since I was half-asleep during the broadcast.

I worry that this young man is already gone, and that it's just a matter of finding him. Hoping that a miracle brings him home alive, and that maybe he's just hiding out somewhere.

FOX Carolina The Ten O'Clock News Spartanburg Missing Person Case to Receive National Attention

America's Most Wanted, which airs on FOX Carolina, and C.N.N are now working on the case...

Alex, a running back at Dorman High School is also the father of a seven month old boy, which makes every day that passes that much worse. Everyday LaCresha reminds her nephew who his father is by showing him pictures...

With very little facts to go on, LaCresha is sure Ralph Fleming had something to with her brother's disappearance ...

Fleming is in jail right now on unrelated charges. But he is considered a person of interest in Alex's disappearance...

FOX Carolina The Ten O'Clock News Mother's Day Is One Of The Most Difficult For One Upstate Mom

Mother's day is usually a day of celebration with your family but what if one your family members was missing? Tonight one mother tells Fox all she wants for this mother's day is for her son to finally come home.

Seventeen year old Alex Davon Buckman has been missing since March 24th. His family believes someone kidnapped him. His mother Genny says, "I don't believe he just disappeared and don't nobody know nothing, somebody knows something..."

TheCarolinaChannel.com - News - Family Celebrates Missing Teen's Birthday

Alex Davon Buckman turned 18 Friday, and his family held a party for the Spartanburg County teenager.

But the guest of honor didn't attend.

Buckman's family said the birthday party held inside his bedroom Friday was a way to honor him and acknowledge that they haven't forgotten about him.

The teen went missing in March...

Investigators said there are no new leads in Buckman's disappearance...

FOX Carolina The Ten O'Clock News Race Against Time: Family Pleas and Prays

I can't get this to post. It's becoming very weird. I cut & pasted portions but then only one line shows up. Then it told me it was a duplicate post! Oh well, here are the basics:

Yesterday, there was a special gospel benefit in Spartanburg.

Alex has been missing since March; his baby is now 10 months old.

AMW is supposed to be doing a segment on this case over the summer.

FOX Carolina The Ten O'Clock News Missing Teen Will Be Featured On America's Most Wanted

WHNS Video Player

Spartanburg teenager, Alex Davon Buckman, disappeared in late March. But his family says he didn't run away, they believe he was kidnapped. His case has been profiled in both local and national news and his story is about to get even more national attention this weekend by being featured on America's Most Wanted...

The family fears that Davon's disappearance is linked to the murder of Shamon Martin back in December. Investigators say Davon was hanging out with some friends when he heard the fatal shots fired. Deputies arrested Davon's friend Clifton Fleming and charged him with the murder. A few months later Davon disappeared and the last person believed to have been with Davon is Clifton's own brother, Ralph Fleming. LaCresha says she can explain the time lapse. She says, "Because Cliff was in jail (under house arrest) at the time and we had no problems until Ralph Fleming got out of jail."

Deputies though say they are skeptical the murder and Davon's disappearance are connected because there were actual eyewitnesses. But the Buckman family fears there was some animosity between the Fleming brothers and Davon ever since the murder of Martin. LaCresha says, "But the thing with the other witnesses is that he didn't know them, Davon was his friend. So to have your friend cooperating with police, it makes it personal."

LaCresha says she wants people to realize that Davon is missed and loved by many..."

amw.com | Alex Buckman - Missing Person

... Davon's family says he was quite nervous about being a witness to a murder. Friends of his say that Clifton was not too pleased with Davon placing him at the scene of the murder. Clifton's older brother Ralph was also critical of Davon's cooperation with the cops.

One day Ralph paid Davon a visit. According to Davon's mother, Ralph dropped by the house to ask Davon what exactly he told police. So Davon went inside his home and asked his mother for a copy of the statement. He showed Ralph the police statement and tried to convince him that he did not "rat" on his brother. Davon's mother said Ralph did not appear to be convinced.

On March 24, 2005, Davon was hanging out with some friends in the Howard and Williams Street areas of Spartanburg. He did not come home that night. His mother says that she did not immediately worry because Davon used to stay out from time to time--but she says he always called her. However, this time Davon had not come home nor had he called anyone.

A few days later, Davon's mother received an anonymous phone call concerning her son. She immediately called the authorities. "We got a phone call that someone had heard he had been beaten up and put in the trunk of a white 4-door Mercury, and the guys were riding around with him in the trunk of the car," said LaCresha. "I believe he has been kidnapped. I believe he has been beaten. I don't know if he's alive. We believe he is the victim of a conspiracy. We just want him found..."

Yikes. This is so close to home. I live about 20 minutes from Spartanburg. My good friend lives in Inman. Inman is a very tiny town, close to Spartanburg.

I feel sad for Alex's family. Especially his baby, who will never remember his daddy.

I am so sorry to read this. Prayers for his family and friends. :(

Wishing this family (and all of you) peace & love over the holidays. Know that you're on our minds and in our hearts.

The family knew exactly what they were talking about and you can bet that he was murdered because of being a witness to that other murder. This boy was so young and it sounds like he was trying to be a good daddy to his little boy. My heart goes out to his family. I'm glad that he was found so that they don't have to wonder anymore. Wish it had turned out differently though.

From August 2007:

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20070814/NEWS/708140316

An accomplice in the 2005 murder of a former Dorman High School football player has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.

Louis Tarane Patterson, 27, of Chesnee pleaded guilty last month to accessory after the fact to murder in the stabbing death of Alex Davon Buckman, 17, in March 2005...

One co-defendant, Karlton Kartrell Brockman, 21, pleaded guilty to murder in July and was sentenced to life in prison. Ralph Flemming, 27, of Inman pleaded guilty to an accessory charge Aug. 1 and was sentenced by Couch to 15 years in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back