Susan "Sadie" Denise Atkins

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
Is served her life sentence at California Institution for Women at Frontera. During her time in prison Atkins married twice.

In September 2009, at age 61, suffering from terminal brain cancer, Susan Adkins faced her 13th parole hearing. According to a website maintained by her husband and attorney James Whitehouse, with 85 percent of her body paralyzed she could no longer sit up or be moved to a wheelchair. Even so, Whitehouse knew there was still a chance that the parole board would find her release to be a danger to society. Adkins was known among members of the Manson Family as Sadie Mae Glutz, and by her own admission held pregnant actress Sharon Tate down and killed her, stabbing her 16 times. At a parole hearing in 1993 she said that Tate had "asked me to let her baby live....I told her I didn't have any mercy on her."

On September 3, the parole board denied her release. She would have been able to try again in 2012, but died on Thursday September 24, 2009.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/notorious/manson/now_9.html

Not-so-sexie-Sadie IMO. She was one of the main ones IMO.

She was at the Hinman murder. She was at the Tate murders. She was at the LaBianca murders. She must have really enjoyed killing.

I bet the other members of the Family wish she would have bit off her own tongue early on accident.

This girl scared me to death. She didn't understand why she had no feelings for these people while she was killing them, and I don't think she was particularly excited about examining those feelings, either. Years later, in the recounting, her eyes seemed to still dance in delight about what she'd done.

While she--and several other members of the "Family"--were living in Mendocino County, they were suspected in the double murder of Clyda Dulaney and Nancy Warren on 14 October 1968. I am presently researching this case.

In all fairness, I have discovered that Atkins gave birth in southern California six days before the Dulaney/Warren murders, and is thus excluded as a suspect.

Hello Burblestein,

Ever since the ABC Family Manson, Truth and Lies, I have been re-visiting this case and watching a whole bunch of youtube videos. I am especially intrigued about the "whatever happened to the Manson girls." Their off-spring. Do you happen to know whatever happened to that Atkins child? Who was the father?

sasaz, there was a KCBS special on the then-grown children of the Manson Family filmed back in the '90s. Manson's son by Mary Brunner, Valentine (aka Pooh Bear), was on it, as was Gypsy's son by Clem Grogan. Valentine had been raised by Mary's parents and was living a very normal life. Gypsy's son became, IIRC, a Marine! Manson's eldest son, Charles Manson, Jr., killed himself back in 1993.

Sadie's son was named Zezozose. He was adopted and his name changed and, as far as I know, no one knows what became of him. The identity of his father is in doubt -- Sadie claimed he was fathered by Bruce White, who briefly lived with the Family in '67 and '68. But who really knows? Manson could've been the father, but he apparently rarely had sex with Sadie (something she was rather put out by).

Sandra Good, aka Blue, gave birth to a son named Ivan (aka Sunstone Hawk) who's paternity she tried to pin on an ex-boyfriend, Joel Pugh, who was found dead in a hotel room under "mysterious circumstances" a few months after the child's birth. This is the baby that Squeaky is bouncing on her hip in the Manson documentary. Anyway, judging from more recent photos of him, Ivan was CLEARLY fathered by Bobby Beausoleil. He is grown now and living a normal life as far as I can tell.

Bobby Beausoleil was also the father of Kitty Lutesinger's daughter, Jene. There's no real mystery about that one: Kitty was one of his teen girlfriends who he brought to live on the Ranch after he got her knocked up and her parents flipped out. She fled the Ranch in October 1969 the middle of the night with another pregnant girl, Stephanie Schram. Manson seems likely to have been the father of Schram's baby, but who really knows? AFAIK, nothing has ever been revealed about Schram's child, not gender or a name.

Judging by the date of birth of Linda Kasabian's son, Angel, he could've been fathered by her husband, Manson, or Tex Watson. I think Bobby Beausoleil has even claimed paternity of this one, but according to him, he was the father of all the babies on that Ranch, so I don't know if I believe him. Angel was also adopted out and probably had his name changed.

Five children belonged to Dennis Rice, who was one of the ones who tried to poison Barbara Hoyt to keep her from testifying. There's no real mystery about the paternity of these kids, as they were born off the Ranch and Rice brought them to live with the Family when he joined. Rice later on became a Jesus freak and his kids all got into preaching and so forth as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back