Patricia "Katie" Krenwinkel

Another bad one... she also went the second night. An experienced killer at that point.

Of them all, I think Patricia had the deepest level of remorse and horror about what she had done. However, I still don't think she is able to stop making excuses for it. It was Charlie's fault. It was the drugs. It was the times I lived in. It was not being able to talk about family issues.

I agree. Leslie is as slick as a ribbon. But, to me, Pat seems the most truly remorseful. I know what she did was horrendous. She was on Death Row before the death penalty was repealed. She would have been dead by now. She got a reprieve. But...comparing the current demeanor of Leslie vs. Pat. I think Pat would keep her nose clean. She was like, "just put me in a cage and let kids look at me and think don't do drugs, etc."

Obviously was willing to do almost anything to get 'that' feeling.

TWICE!

Breaking News in the Krenwinkel parole story...

BC-CA--APNewsAlert,
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- California parole panel delays deciding whether to release Manson follower until it does more research.

:seeya: Newsbreaker, may we have a link, please? Thank you.

Anthony DiMaria, the nephew of victim Thomas Jay Sebring, said a Los Angeles County prosecutor who attended the hearing told him that the parole officials want to research whether Krenwinkel was a victim of intimate partner battery.

'For this investigation to be initiated at this point is mind-boggling," said DiMaria, who attended the hearing but left before a decision was postponed. "I don't understand where we go from a murder, the killing of eight people (including Tate's unborn child) to an intimate partner battery victim. It's absurd....It seems like the world is turned upside down. How do you kill eight people and now you're the victim?"
BBM

So am I understanding this correctly...if Krenwinkel is found to have been a victim of intimate partner battery that this could play in her favor regarding parole? Shouldn't this have been used as a mitigating circumstance during sentencing 47 years ago? Oh, I forgot, she worshipped Manson back then. But has it ever been brought up before during her many parole hearings? Apparently not, since the parole board is delaying in order to look into it. But why is it being brought up now? What is the parole board going to do, check with Charlie? I'm sure they are following protocol to ensure Krenwinkel's rights are protected. But it simply defies common sense to give this attempt at victimhood the time of day.

If Krenwinkel is truly remorseful, she will stop making excuses, stop trying to be released, stop putting the families through these parole hearings and serve the rest of her sentence until she dies. THAT would indicate true remorse IMO, and be the best way to show it...own what she did, accept her sentence and allow the families peace.
JMO

http://www.newswest9.com/story/34151469/the-latest-parole-panel-delays-decision-on-manson-follower

When in doubt conduct a feasibility study and post pone the obvious decision to keep her in prison forever. A well deserved death sentence commuted to life should be exactly that - life in prison. Parole shouldn't even a consideration.

47 years of room and board at taxpayer's expense is a long time. Does anyone know what the record is?

I'm just curious how anyone can determine a "feasibility study/risk assessment" of someone who has spent most of their life (and all of their adult life) incarcerated? Furthermore, how much does that cost the tax payers in addition to what they already pay for prisoners in CA? Waste of money!

Has anyone seen the doc, "My Life after Manson?" All I can see is about 9 minutes of it. It is such a freakin' shame about the waste of lives all around! I do not get the battered women defence or whatever they are trying to bring in in her case.

Has anyone seen the doc, "My Life after Manson?" All I can see is about 9 minutes of it. It is such a freakin' shame about the waste of lives all around! I do not get the battered women defence or whatever they are trying to bring in in her case.
I fell asleep watching it...actually maybe I should put it on now...I can't sleep...

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Patricia Krenwinkel
Link:
Manson Girl Patricia Krenwinkel Gives Prison Interview
c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads