1429 users online (297 members and 1132 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Martin MacNeill: Michelle's death murder or accident? -Utah #9

Continue discussion here:

link link

link

Thank you Harmony! Think I'll have some of the donut holes and coffee, virtually. So pretty and creative!

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

http://fox13now.com/2013/11/13/juror...-murder-trial/

I am sure a fellow WSer has posted this already, but thought I would insert it on this new thread.

Breakfast looks great, Harmony!

Working on reading the affadavit... Good
    thing there is coffee and plenty of snacks.
    Gonna need the sugar rush !

Just getting getting up to speed here. Family member health issue so was caught up. I luv luv luv these Jurors. They restore my faith in the system!!!! It's nice to see common sense still exists. They are truly a fine example. Sending them all cyberhugs.
    All posts are my opinion only unless supported by a link
    Keep calm and carry on
    "Your out of your tree" "It's not my tree"

Yes Thank You Harmony for the wonderful brecky. Between that and much much coffee I should be pinging off the walls. Soon
    All posts are my opinion only unless supported by a link
    Keep calm and carry on
    "Your out of your tree" "It's not my tree"

"Something's not right with that girl" - Jose Baez during Opening Statement

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post
    Look at the opening post I added several new links and articles...

Last two paragraphs from here: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...er.html?pg=all

<<<<Afterward, jurors met with prosecutors, the MacNeill daughters and others from Michele’s families. Too awake to sleep, when Lewis finally got home at 2:30 a.m., he spoke briefly to a friend and then got online to pour through news coverage from the trial — something jurors weren’t allowed to do over the past month.

“It solidified that Martin had questionable character,” Lewis said. “In that respect, I’m that much more confident that he could have done it.”>>>>

b/ubm
    Yikes. This is why I wish jurors didn't speak publicly. Just talk to the prosecutors and victims family so their words don't come back to haunt them.

Hope that one juror just didn't say things quite right. That he went home after verdict, looked things up, saw info that made MM's "character" look bad, and that made the juror think, yes, "he could have done it." Eek!

Shouldn't that have been more like," I knew he did it but he's even worse than I thought...". ??

I'm convinced the jury got it right, but not everything I'm hearing about their reasoning is very reassuring. Assessing character has nothing to do with weighing evidence, and at least in the write ups, jurors seem to be using a lot of emotional language to explain their verdict. Am I missing the part where they discuss the 911 call? Evidence that MM did not do CPR? Dilution of meds found in system due to drowning? Position of Michelle in tub? Ie, objective evidence, even if circumstantial.
    I stand with those taking a stand in Standing Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by fifteen89 View Post
    Last two paragraphs from here: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...er.html?pg=all

<<<<Afterward, jurors met with prosecutors, the MacNeill daughters and others from Michele’s families. Too awake to sleep, when Lewis finally got home at 2:30 a.m., he spoke briefly to a friend and then got online to pour through news coverage from the trial — something jurors weren’t allowed to do over the past month.

“It solidified that Martin had questionable character,” Lewis said. “In that respect, I’m that much more confident that he could have done it.”>>>>

b/ubm
    Yikes. This is why I wish jurors didn't speak publicly. Just talk to the prosecutors and victims family so their words don't come back to haunt them.
    We posted at the same time. Glad I'm not the only one who was bothered by that juror's reply.
    I stand with those taking a stand in Standing Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2 View Post
    Look at the opening post I added several new links and articles...
    If you need to remove my post.......

"Something's not right with that girl" - Jose Baez during Opening Statement

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    Hope that one juror just didn't say things quite right. That he went home after verdict, looked things up, saw info that made MM's "character" look bad, and that made the juror think, yes, "he could have done it." Eek!

Shouldn't that have been more like," I knew he did it but he's even worse than I thought...". ??

I'm convinced the jury got it right, but not everything I'm hearing about their reasoning is very reassuring. Assessing character has nothing to do with weighing evidence, and at least in the write ups, jurors seem to be using a lot of emotional language to explain their verdict. Am I missing the part where they discuss the 911 call? Evidence that MM did not do CPR? Dilution of meds found in system due to drowning? Position of Michelle in tub? Ie, objective evidence, even if circumstantial.
    I think they got it right too. Just worries me a little what they're saying. Not sure if something a juror has said post-verdict has ever caused anything to happen, but why give the defense team anything to talk about and point out?

If I'm ever on a high-profile case, I'm keeping my yap shut. No interviews. No book. No nothing. Maybe a thank you to the prosecution team and a hug for the victims family and then I'll be over and out.

I think that is just his way of speech, a turn of phrase. The interviews were talking about how they were thinking through the process. There are, I think, 7 google news articles, be sure to watch the videos too, so you get a feel for the character, how and when the phrase was used, and his personal ways of expression. Let's not get excited about a typed sentence, and look at the whole.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast