598 users online (65 members and 533 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Do you think adding a FAQ section to CKIA is a good idea?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

12 22.64%
  • Yes, and I'll help you come up with questions!

4 7.55%
  • I really don't care, but I'm reading your thread anyway.

6 11.32%
  • NO

3 5.66%
  • What's CKIA?

27 50.94%
  • CKIA = clevelandkidnappings.com

1 1.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question FAQs

Dear brilliant, innovative websleuthers:

We would be ever so grateful for your help creating a FAQ page.

Specifically, what do you think should be included?

Just to give you an idea of where we're headed:

How can I help Amanda, Gina, & Michelle?
    Did any of the girls try to escape before May 6, 2013?
    How did Ariel Castro lure the girls into his house?
    Why isn't Michelle participating in the book?

We've thought of a whole bunch more, but I would love to find out what you guys think! It has truly been a pleasure interacting with many of you, and I respect your opinions greatly.

C'mon, CazzBa & NikB.... I know you want to answer! lol

I would ask... what would be their be advice for any other females who are held captive.

I understand ck means Cleveland kidnappings(thanks to you ckia2013), but what does the ia part mean?
    MOO

Quote Originally Posted by glamourkitty1922 View Post
    I understand ck means Cleveland kidnappings(thanks to you ckia2013), but what does the ia part mean?
    CKIA = Cleveland Kidnappings Information Aggregation = www.clevelandkidnappings.com =)

We're looking for suggestions for FAQs (that we can answer for people who are interested in Amanda, Gina, and Michelles' story).

=)

Quote Originally Posted by ckia2013 View Post

We've thought of a whole bunch more, but I would love to find out what you guys think! It has truly been a pleasure interacting with many of you, and I respect your opinions greatly.

Well, since you asked...

I'm not an expert on writing FAQs of any kind, and this wouldn't really be an answer to a specific question per se, but I suppose you could specifically address some of the myths that are still flying around.

As an example, a surprising number of people (IMO) seem to think that all three women were kept in Castro's basement the entire time they were held captive. Also, there's Michelle Knight needing facial reconstructive surgery (a myth IIRC) and having a mental disability. The three naked women on dog leashes in the backyard would be another...

Speaking of myths, you could address the whole Charles Ramsey thing...Although I guess it's a matter of opinion whether the man is mythical or just his story.

I admit, I peeked first to see what ckia means.

One question I have for the 3 brave ladies is:

During your imprisonment, did your mind ever go to wondering how your days in Castro's house would end - either at the hand of Castro, or did you ever consider the possibility that you'd one day be free again?
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Anna View Post
    I admit, I peeked first to see what ckia means.

One question I have for the 3 brave ladies is:

During your imprisonment, did your mind ever go to wondering how your days in Castro's house would end - either at the hand of Castro, or did you ever consider the possibility that you'd one day be free again?
    Great question! But, just to be clear, these FAQs are for our website visitors-- not for Amanda, Gina, and Michelle. The questions that CazzBa posted are the types of questions we're looking for. If we ever interact with the girls, we'll most certainly ask your question though!! Thank you for responding =) and LOL re: peeking!!

Quote Originally Posted by CazzBa View Post
    Well, since you asked...

I'm not an expert on writing FAQs of any kind, and this wouldn't really be an answer to a specific question per se, but I suppose you could specifically address some of the myths that are still flying around.

As an example, a surprising number of people (IMO) seem to think that all three women were kept in Castro's basement the entire time they were held captive. Also, there's Michelle Knight needing facial reconstructive surgery (a myth IIRC) and having a mental disability. The three naked women on dog leashes in the backyard would be another...

Speaking of myths, you could address the whole Charles Ramsey thing...Although I guess it's a matter of opinion whether the man is mythical or just his story.
    PERFECT... these are EXACTLY the types of questions we're looking for. Thank you, CazzBa =) If you ever want to become a moderator for CKIA, let me know!!

Great question! But, just to be clear, these FAQs are for our website visitors-- not for Amanda, Gina, and Michelle. The questions that CazzBa posted are the types of questions we're looking for. If we ever interact with the girls, we'll most certainly ask your question though!! Thank you for responding =) and LOL re: peeking!!
    Okay. I think I understand now. Some questions I can think of:

How many times did LE respond to complaints about suspicious incidents at Castro's house while the women were there?

Within what distance did the 3 women's disappearance occur?

Since Amanda and Gina were still in high school when they were kidnapped, are they now working on completing their GED's? Did Michelle help them continue with their studies while they were in captivity?

Was a connection between the 3 disappearances ever made before the women escaped?
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

How many times did LE respond to complaints about suspicious incidents at Castro's house while the women were there?

Since Amanda and Gina were still in high school when they were kidnapped, are they now working on completing their GED's? Did Michelle help them continue with their studies while they were in captivity?

Was a connection between the 3 disappearances ever made before the women escaped?
    YES, YES, YES!! EXACTLY.... thank you, Anna (love your user name, btw!).
    We will absolutely include those questions (and credit you).

How could Michelle possibly help them to continue their studies? Michelle herself did not get a good education. And she dropped out of school.

"“I wasn’t allowed out. I wasn’t allowed to have friends,” Knight said. She claimed Barbara Knight wanted to keep her daughter uneducated to enable her to collect Supplemental Security income."
    http://www.today.com/news/michelle-k...are-8C11542378
    Just my opinion

Thank you for asking! Somehow I missed this thread before. Oh my where to even start with questions. I think the ones that have been brought up already are good ones.

I don't know how much emphasis you would want to put on Amanda/AC's daughter, but if you do want to include her in the FAQs I'd like to know more about how often she went out and interacted with others (especially other kids), and how much interaction she had with Michelle and Gina.

Is it true that AC called Amanda's mother and told her Amanda was safe and that they were together? (or at one point I think I read or saw a rumor that he said they'd gotten married)

How many times were people suspicious about something being not quite right in the house? (odd noises, loud radios, AC weird about them going anywhere except the main room, using the back door only, etc.) I'm curious about LE visits, but also curious about the other times people said they thought something was off.

Did the staff at nearby stores/fast food restaurants ever take notice of him? I can see why they might not, but it does seem that if they saw for example a single male coming in a lot buying diapers (if he did), or he was at McDonald's daily getting several meals, did it ever strike them as odd?

Did all 3 girls attend the same school(s)? If so, did he drive the school bus for one or more of them? (I know there was stuff about this early on but I've honestly forgotten the details)

If they did all attend the same school(s) at roughly the same time, did any of their classmates make a connection that the cases might be related? I know that Michelle is older, but it sounds like she was held back and/or in special ed classes in school, so she might've been there longer than your average teen would be. ETA: oops probably scratch at least part of this question. I had forgotten until I read jjenny's post that Michelle dropped out of school. I still wonder if it was possible, but sounds unlikely.

I'm sure I'll think of more but hope this is good for now. I'll keep an eye on this thread now that I know it's here.

I can go to my local McDonalds and buy 10 burgers every day. Nobody is going to care.
    Generally sales people don't know if someone is single or not. And even if that someone is single, and sales people know it, he has relatives he could have been buying fast food for.
    The same goes for diapers. He had grandchildren he could have been buying diapers for. Assuming any sales people would even notice or care to begin with.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by nikb View Post

Did all 3 girls attend the same school(s)? If so, did he drive the school bus for one or more of them? (I know there was stuff about this early on but I've honestly forgotten the details)
    Michelle said in the Dr. Phil interview that one of the first times she spoke with Amanda, they talked briefly about how they "remembered" one another from school, (specifically what school and when is unknown) which to me suggested that they had seen one another but never met before being abducted, which makes sense, given that they were almost certainly in different grades.

IIRC, Amanda and Gina also went to the same middle school, although I don't know if they knew one another there (or at least knew of each other) or if they even attended that school at the same time. Again, different the girls were in different grades.

As for him being their school bus driver at some point, we don't know for sure, but I suspect not - I think if Castro had been their bus driver at some point, that fact would have been discovered and made public by LE or prosecutors during the legal proceedings.

JMO

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast