1083 users online (222 members and 861 guests)  

Websleuths News

"We're Going Down! Thank U for Hanging With Us!"

Good God I'm so thankful I wasn't on this plane.....so frightening! I can't imagine what these passengers went thru.

"Passenger recounts midair 'nosedive' aboard Southwest Airlines flight"

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/14...rlines-flight/

From above link.....

“He said, ‘We’re going down.’ And everyone is looking around like, is this a joke? Is he serious? And then you felt the nosedive,” passenger Shelley Wills said."

From above link...

"Wills, a nurse who said the frightening drop occurred as the plane was about 100 miles away from the airport, tried helping the first-flier seating next to her as other passengers pulled out cellphones in desperate last-minute attempts to contact loved ones. Wills texted her daughter and husband, but the messages were not sent."

“It says, ‘I love you Alyssa. My plane is going down,” Wills said. “I thought I was going to die and that’s what everyone on that plant thought; that we were all going to die, just by one word of the captain. I just think they could have handled it a little differently.”

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    This is scary. But I am glad it ended well. Mistake on the captains part.

What a horrible first flight for the person seated next to the nurse.

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    What a horrible first flight for the person seated next to the nurse.
    Right? I feel horrible for that person.
    I speak fluently in reaction gifs.

who dat
    lil hamster hiding behind dat coke!
    Dont Be A Sheep

A similar experience happened to me years ago landing in LAX. We got caught in the wake of a 747 and the plane started to do a nose dive. The lights went out along with the masks dropping. The flight attendant just said to put our heads down, bend forward and don't panic. Not a scream, not a word was said, everyone just grabbed hands. At the last minute the pilot was able to pull the plane back up. I'm shaking just typing this lol.

I dunno, I found the gif online and it cracked me up. Lil creeper hamster :P

Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post
    A similar experience happened to me years ago landing in LAX. We got caught in the wake of a 747 and the plane started to do a nose dive. The lights went out along with the masks dropping. The flight attendant just said to put our heads down, bend forward and don't panic. Not a scream, not a word was said, everyone just grabbed hands. At the last minute the pilot was able to pull the plane back up. I'm shaking just typing this lol.
    OMG how scary!

Dang it. I had JUST overcome a lifelong fear of flying.
    “Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things.” -- Terry Pratchett

I would have probably needed a change of pants when the plane landed. Ok, not "probably", but FOR SURE.

Dang. Something very similar to this happened to me too, about 15 years ago. Just like what Coldpizza described, was a flight from Florida to Boston. Masks dropped, lots of banging but everyone was silent and gripping seats. Very little was said afterwards, pilot got on and said something about hitting a pocket or something, apologized... Ack. Hate even thinking about it.

Never was afraid to fly before that, but I hate, hate hate it now lol.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero