MA MA - Adam Prentice, 21, UMass student, Amherst, Sept 1997

Cyan

Reaction score
The story of Adam Prentice has haunted me for many years.

"Adam Prentice, a 21-year-old UMass/Amherst student was found bleeding profusely near a campus greenhouse. Responding UMPD authorities originally reported seeing another person inside of the greenhouse and that Adam had a large piece of dark glass protruding from his back... He was subsequently handcuffed. Three hours later, Adam Prentice was dead."

Adam's mother questions photographic evidence that was taken at the crime scene. Police concluded that Adam had climbed atop the greenhouse and fallen through the glass roof, yet Adam suffered only a single injury: A shard of glass in his back that was not the same color of glass used in the greenhouse. His mother claims that police and university officials have conducted themselves in a very questionable manner, leading her to believe that a coverup has taken place.

Snipped: http://adamprentice.com/

The website features Adam's story, news articles, questions raised by Adam's mother, and copies of the photographs that were taken at the scene. It should be noted that the site was last updated in December 2011.

The story of Adam Prentice has haunted me for many years.

"Adam Prentice, a 21-year-old UMass/Amherst student was found bleeding profusely near a campus greenhouse. Responding UMPD authorities originally reported seeing another person inside of the greenhouse and that Adam had a large piece of dark glass protruding from his back... He was subsequently handcuffed. Three hours later, Adam Prentice was dead."

Adam's mother questions photographic evidence that was taken at the crime scene. Police concluded that Adam had climbed atop the greenhouse and fallen through the glass roof, yet Adam suffered only a single injury: A shard of glass in his back that was not the same color of glass used in the greenhouse. His mother claims that police and university officials have conducted themselves in a very questionable manner, leading her to believe that a coverup has taken place.

Snipped: http://adamprentice.com/

The website features Adam's story, news articles, questions raised by Adam's mother, and copies of the photographs that were taken at the scene. It should be noted that the site was last updated in December 2011.

It is late here and I am not able to read the whole website right now. From what I have read, IMO, it sounds like Adam had a terrible accident. I don't want to pick apart some of the statements people made and comment on them :twocents: because it might be disrespectful to his mother.

From the site:

"Determine through experts how Adam could have crashed twice through glass and only receive one cut, scratch or scrape on his body, which was described as a "stab wound.""

Years ago, my husband had a TV repair business on the side. I was pregnant and sick. He had me hold a large mirror and face the TV he was running his tests on. I did that so he could work behind the TV and look into the mirror I was holding so he could see the adjustments being done. The old test pattern (yes it was that long ago!!) came up and watching it made me dizzy and I fainted. He told me he thought I was going to be ripped to shreds and bleed out as I collapsed on the mirror and the mirror shattered. I only had a superficial scratch on my forearm. So I suppose it is possible to crash through glass and only receive one injury. Unfortunately for Adam it was a bad injury.

Yeah, reading the website is important. There were a lot of hinky and/or shoddy things done that evening. The campus police reported someone else was present when they arrived. Later they reported that no one else was present. Adam himself made a verbal indication that he may not have been alone. They did not follow safety protocols set by the university regarding traumatic injury which could have saved Adam's life.

The scene was cleaned, wiped down and debris discarded by the afternoon, sweeping away potential evidence. Nothing was kept as evidence and the various handprints/footprints in the greenhouse were never investigated. Campus police said that they waited to inform family members because they could not identify Adam. Not only did they conduct a criminal background check on Adam before informing his parents, Adam was still conscious and identified himself and his ID was in his back pocket. The clothing Adam was wearing at the time of death was originally sent to the city police department and returned to the university. His mother has never received his clothing, only photographs.

Another curious thing is that UMass/Amherst has an unusual rate of deaths among current students, as well as other violent crimes.

The website and a little independent research definitely raises questions. I don't know what happened to Adam, but there are definitely questions that are worthy of a second glance.

It is late here and I am not able to read the whole website right now. From what I have read, IMO, it sounds like Adam had a terrible accident. I don't want to pick apart some of the statements people made and comment on them :twocents: because it might be disrespectful to his mother.

From the site:

"Determine through experts how Adam could have crashed twice through glass and only receive one cut, scratch or scrape on his body, which was described as a "stab wound.""

Years ago, my husband had a TV repair business on the side. I was pregnant and sick. He had me hold a large mirror and face the TV he was running his tests on. I did that so he could work behind the TV and look into the mirror I was holding so he could see the adjustments being done. The old test pattern (yes it was that long ago!!) came up and watching it made me dizzy and I fainted. He told me he thought I was going to be ripped to shreds and bleed out as I collapsed on the mirror and the mirror shattered. I only had a superficial scratch on my forearm. So I suppose it is possible to crash through glass and only receive one injury. Unfortunately for Adam it was a bad injury.

I've read most of the website and it sounds like a terrible accident, a prank/stunt gone wrong while drunk. His blood alchohol level was the equivalent of 5 or 6 drinks imbibed IN ONE HOUR. That is binge drinking. I do believe that another student was with him and fled the scene in panic. This person should come forward and clear his/her conscience and give the victim's mom closure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5280life
Back