Identified! MA - Bridgewater, Human remains found burned, Nov'13 - Dennis Jackson

FiveFelines

Reaction score
Wow, lots of stuff happening lately in my stomping grounds!

This is nuts. bridgewater State is where a lot of nasty criminals are held. Sex offenders, etc. The real nasty ones. That's on the grounds of the complex they're talking about. But other than that, this is a quiet area. Suburban to ..well, not exactly rural, but quiet. Nearby is the Titicut reservation, site of a historic settlement and wetland preserves and trails that I've hiked with my kids many times (in fact, there's a geocache in there, or used to be).

How in the heck, thou, would someone get on the grounds of the corrections complex with a body and burn it? I've never been that close to the place, but I imagine there's a fence of some kind? Security? :confused:

And speaking of that Brockton UID, this really isn't all that far from that. Probably unrelated, as the Brockton remains are described as bones, and so are probably older, but still. creepy.

And speaking of that Brockton UID, this really isn't all that far from that. Probably unrelated, as the Brockton remains are described as bones, and so are probably older, but still. creepy.

It's super creepy. Here is the area of HP that they're talking about:

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf...ark&ei=lx-FUrXcF6jNsASj_oDwAg&ved=0CCwQxB0wAA

Also:

Workers for a landscaping and street repair business that leases space on the property arrived around 7 a.m. today and were surprised to smell what they thought was the odor of an early morning barbecue.

“But after a while it was a foul smell,’’ said a company employee who asked not to be identified by name because of the ongoing homicide investigation.

Prompted by the odor, the employee said, workers went to the rear of the one-story building, where they saw a smoldering human torso; the legs, arms and head had been removed.
:eek:

AND, possible human remains were found literally around the corner from my house back in September. No updates since then, but the house used to be a funeral parlor and is supposedly now a residence, although it has been boarded up for some time.

http://bpdnews.com/news/2013/9/27/boston-police-investigating-property-at-139-stoughton-street

http://www.universalhub.com/2013/police-investigate-possible-human-remains-former

Wait, those aren't the Dot remains found in the chimney are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Ok answered my own question, chimney gal is from '05.

:blushing:

Ok, who dismembers like that HP body is described?! Then sets it on fire! Cripes, that's horrible. A serial killed wouldnt leave the body burning where it would be easily found, IMO. Or someone who has killed in a rage, or heat of passion type thing. They'd hide it. This seems more like a message.

Ok, who dismembers like that HP body is described?! Then sets it on fire! Cripes, that's horrible. A serial killed wouldnt leave the body burning where it would be easily found, IMO. Or someone who has killed in a rage, or heat of passion type thing. They'd hide it. This seems more like a message.

I'd say it was to prevent identification, but I find that people who set bodies on fire seem to get caught faster because the burning body attracts attention. Who knows?

Looks like they're making some progress with this case.

http://m.newburyportnews.com/TDNN/pm_103107/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=uBc7AZPj

SALISBURY - Three law enforcement officials confirmed that Friday's search of a murder suspect's Liberty Street residence is related to the recent gruesome discovery of burned body parts in Boston and Bridgewater.

The three law enforcement sources told The Daily News of Newburyport that police are looking into the possibility that the victim, whose identity has not been released, was killed at the Liberty Street house, dismembered and then brought to the Hyde Park and Bridgewater locations.

Liberty Street, located just off North End Boulevard (Route 1A) was scene of a police operation Friday when more than a dozen state police officers swarmed a three-story beach house hoping to arrest a local man wanted for murder, according to state police.

Looks like they're making some progress with this case.

http://m.newburyportnews.com/TDNN/pm_103107/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=uBc7AZPj

SALISBURY - Three law enforcement officials confirmed that Friday's search of a murder suspect's Liberty Street residence is related to the recent gruesome discovery of burned body parts in Boston and Bridgewater.

The three law enforcement sources told The Daily News of Newburyport that police are looking into the possibility that the victim, whose identity has not been released, was killed at the Liberty Street house, dismembered and then brought to the Hyde Park and Bridgewater locations.

Liberty Street, located just off North End Boulevard (Route 1A) was scene of a police operation Friday when more than a dozen state police officers swarmed a three-story beach house hoping to arrest a local man wanted for murder, according to state police.

Weird! Someone committed the murder up on the north shore, then what? Hopped on 95 to 24 and was dropping and burning body parts along the way??!! :eek:hoh: wonder if they are still headed south, whoever it is.

I know nothing about Salisbury - but beach house and that area, I'm guessing pricey place?

I'm not sure if it would have been weirder to find out the two sets of remains were UNrelated... :waitasec:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Victim is from NJ. The named perp has lived in both Haverhill and Newburyport from what I've gleaned from MSM stories about prior incidents (couple years back he was involved in an assault that ended with at least one charged with attempted murder). Haven't seen if he is from out of state originally, like the victim. His disposal route headed south, so makes me wonder if he got back on the highway and just kept going.

And yeah, burning the victim in two separate barrels on the same night wasn't a very bright idea. At least his stupidity made it possible for the family to get their brother back, I guess. :sigh:

I'm going to go ahead and resolve this thread, even though the ID is not official. If I turn out to be wrong, I'll revert the thread back to UID.

Showing up in a few more places, so although still no official word, looks like they are both (perp and victim) ID'd. Here's the Newburyport paper:

http://www.newburyportnews.com/brea...f-interest-in-Salisbury-murder?mobRedir=false

Sounds like neither of these two men were strangers to LE, but still, someone's son, brother, and father is dead. And certainly no one deserves to be murdered and discarded like trash and set afire. :( RIP Mr Jackson and peace to your family and loved ones. :rose:

http://www.masslive.com/news/boston/index.ssf/2014/08/salisbury_man_reginald_cumming.html

A Salisbury man charged for his alleged role in the dismemberment and distribution of another man's body parts has been held on $500,000 bail after pleading not guilty.

Reginald Cummings was arraigned Monday in Salem Superior Court on charges of disinterring a body and being an accessory after the fact.

Prosecutors said the 27-year-old Cummings remains a person of interest in last November's presumed slaying of Dennis Ray Jackson, a man who had been staying with Cummings in a Salisbury condo before his disappearance. They have been unable to conclusively link Cummings to Jackson's death, only to the discovery of body parts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back