Canada - Hundreds of children rescued from sex abuse

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/14/child-sex-abuse-probe-rescues-hundreds-of-kids
bbm
"TORONTO - A massive international child sex abuse probe centred around a Toronto-based movie distribution company has led to hundreds of arrests around the world and the rescue of hundreds of kids, including 24 in Canada.

Toronto Police spearheaded what is thought to be the biggest investigation of its kind to date.

The probe spanned 50 countries and resulted in 341 arrests, including 50 or so in Ontario.

During a news conference at headquarters Thursday they said many of the accused in the lengthy operation dubbed Project Spade were trusted community members who worked closely with children.

The work by law enforcement agencies in Canada and around the globe was “extraordinary,” Chief Bill Blair said"

This one reads a little different.

Canada says 386 kids rescued in child-*advertiser censored* bust

Police said Thursday that the investigation began with a Toronto man accused of running a company since 2005 that distributed child *advertiser censored* videos. Police say 108 people were arrested in Canada and 76 in the U.S. Others were arrested in Europe.

School teachers, doctors and actors were among those arrested.

more at link

http://www.azcentral.com/news/free/20131114canada-child-*advertiser censored*.html

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/11/14/world/americas/canada-child-abuse-investigation/
bbm
"A three-year investigation into an exploitative Toronto-based film company has netted nearly 350 arrests and rescued more than 380 children from sexual abuse, police said Thursday.

Law enforcement from all over the world, primarily in Eastern Europe and the United States, worked with Toronto police since 2010 to arrest those who produced child *advertiser censored* and those who purchased it.

The owner of the film company, Brian Way, has been in jail since 2011 awaiting trial, and the producers who made the illegal films have been convicted in their home countries, Toronto police Inspector Joanna Beaven-Desjardins said.

The investigation is ongoing and more arrests will be made, but authorities decided it was time to share with the public the scope of its operation, known as Project Spade.

Among the 348 people arrested in the international child sex abuse investigation were 40 teachers, six law enforcement personnel, nine pastors or priests and some doctors and nurses, Beaven-Desjardins said."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...d-*advertiser censored*-case/article15433659/.

bbm.
"The Toronto man at the heart of the investigation was allegedly running a company since 2005 that distributed child *advertiser censored* videos.

Police allege the man instructed people around the world to create the videos of children ranging from five to 12 years of age, and then distributed the videos to international customers.

“We’ve worked a lot of big cases. This is by far the biggest,” said one source.

‪The company, Toronto-based Azov Films, sold mail-order DVDs and streamed online videos of naked boys from Germany, Romania and Ukraine, which it marketed as naturist movies and claimed were legal in Canada and the United States.

‪According to police in Spain, where 38 suspects were arrested last year, the Canadian firm earned $1.6-million annually from sales in 94 countries"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24944358
"Gerald O'Farrell, Acting Deputy Chief Inspector of the US Postal Inspection Service, said all the victims identified were pre-pubescent, with some as young as five years old.

Mr O'Farrell detailed the cases of several US residents investigated as part of Project Spade, who have already pleaded guilty to crimes.

A school employee from Georgia, who had admitted receiving child *advertiser censored*, had placed a hidden video camera in the toilets used by school students, the inspector said.

A pre-school teacher had pleaded guilty to producing child *advertiser censored* while teaching in Japan, he said.

Mr O'Farrell said US postal inspectors had identified and rescued 330 child victims as part of the investigation.

Toronto police acknowledged the assistance of a website, cybertip.ca, which allows for the online reporting of the sexual exploitation of children.

The website had received many complaints about Azov Films which became the basis for the investigation, TPS said.‪"

Who are these children?????? Were they kidnapped or did they get parental consent?

:behindbar

Why is their twitter still up??:banghead:

I LOVE to read threads like this that announce an ongoing unheard of investigation netted some serious positive results!

Thank you dotr. Just when I get frustrated with so many pedos and sexual crimes against children threads, a story such as this one reminds me that there are many LEAs working diligently and for years to put a stop to it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24944358
"Gerald O'Farrell, Acting Deputy Chief Inspector of the US Postal Inspection Service, said all the victims identified were pre-pubescent, with some as young as five years old.

Mr O'Farrell detailed the cases of several US residents investigated as part of Project Spade, who have already pleaded guilty to crimes.

A school employee from Georgia, who had admitted receiving child *advertiser censored*, had placed a hidden video camera in the toilets used by school students, the inspector said.

A pre-school teacher had pleaded guilty to producing child *advertiser censored* while teaching in Japan, he said.

Mr O'Farrell said US postal inspectors had identified and rescued 330 child victims as part of the investigation.

Toronto police acknowledged the assistance of a website, cybertip.ca, which allows for the online reporting of the sexual exploitation of children.

The website had received many complaints about Azov Films which became the basis for the investigation, TPS said.‪"

This literally makes me sick to my stomach. Sick bleeps. Unbelievable. Those poor kids. I can't even wrap my head around the minds of these people. :sick: Words just can't even explain this. :banghead:

Thank God these children have been rescued!!!! AND, thank God these twisted pervert pedos are in jail. Put them under the jail and never let them out! They have ruined hundreds of kids lives. If they ever get out of jail, they will do the same thing again.

It just breaks my heart that there is a market for this type of thing.

Thanks for some great news today, dotr!

I wonder if this company ever came up in WS discussions about pedophiles - this particular brand of perverts called Nambia ? I think who try to pretend that they're all about love.

I remember when that kid died, that there was some sleuthing of the video companies because there were some questionable Russian links posted that I was afraid to click on.

Ugh. My stomach was already queasy today before I read that twitter feed.

LE are also looking for Way's mother
bbm.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/1...tiser censored*-bust-that-started-in-toronto/
"Way has been charged with 24 offences, including the instruction of a criminal organization, a charge which police said had been applied for the first time in Canada in relation to child *advertiser censored*. Police are still looking for Way’s mother, Susan Waslov.

Police say the sheer amount of images and videos seized in their investigation — 45 terabytes worth — was staggering.

“This is equivalent to a stack of paper as tall as 1,500 CN Towers,” said Beaven-Desjardins.

“Officers located hundreds of thousands of images and videos detailing horrific sexual acts against very young children, some of the worst that they have ever viewed.”

Gerald O’Farrell, acting deputy chief inspector of the U.S. Postal Inspection Service, provided an unflinching snapshot of some of those arrested in the investigation."

I made the mistake of checking out azov followers. I think there are more pervs to find. Followers with young boys pictures being suggestive..oh my and on twitter of all places..

The name of the company caught my eye. We have a place not far from us called Oro Valley (OV) and it's in Arizona (AZ). hmmm May be nothing.

It may be nothing but it makes a lot of sense.
Why not call it in just in case?

" American investigators with the U.S. Postal Service thanked the Toronto police Thursday, saying information on Azov led to more than 150 law enforcement actions against Americans who were purchasing material from the company.

"International cooperation is the most effective way to identify, track and combat those who sexually exploit children, who operate without borders," the acting deputy chief inspector of the U.S. Postal Inspection Service Gerald O'Farrell said. "It's essential to stopping these crimes."

Project Spade arrests by the numbers

Ontario: 50
Rest of Canada: 58
United States: 76
International: 164

In Canada:

40 teachers
9 doctors and nurses
32 volunteers
6 law enforcement personnel
9 faith leaders
3 foster parents"

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/child-...eople-arrested-police-1.1542666#ixzz2kfskwPhD

A giant paedophile ring with a worldwide reach was broken apart during a three-year inquiry which led to the arrests of hundreds of individuals, including clergymen and teachers, and the rescue of nearly 400 children who were at risk, Canadian police have revealed.
In one of the biggest such operations ever seen, investigators uncovered an octopus-like child-*advertiser censored* network centred on a now-shuttered sex-film business in Toronto. Its tentacles extended across Canada, where 108 people have been taken into custody, and to six continents.

more at the link: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ice-smash-global-paedophile-ring-8940562.html

this is all so upsetting for a number of reasons. obviously because of all of the victims!!

however, another layer to this is that YOU CANNOT TRUST ANYONE WITH YOUR CHILD!!! nobody! it is impossible to know what people are capable of. is your neighbor, doctor, teacher, coach, relative, pastor, the friendly police officer.......are any of them secret perverts capable of harming children?? I would bet my life that all those perverted people arrested will have people in their lives that say "oh he was the nicest person ever!" "she is not someone that I would ever suspect!" "I have known that person for 20 years and they never showed any sign of....."

what a crappy way to live, not being able to trust your kid to be left alone with ANYONE. ugh.:tantrum: but I wouldn't risk it for anything!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back