WI - Children's hospital on lockdown after report of shooting

I just saw this on TV, Hopeful One. Such a shame that violence has come to involve a children's hospital.

I understand police shot and injured a man with an outstanding warrant. Thank goodness no one else was injured.

My question is, why would you serve a warrant on a wanted man, who has been known to carry guns at a neo- natal unit? IDIOTS!

A felon wanted for possession of a firearm? Let's serve and arrest him in the neo natal unit. IDIOTS!

Oh my god, who on earth thought this would be a good idea...???? :facepalm:

I mean seriously, they couldn't have just covered the exits???

So apparently they didn't go with he intentions of serving him, but were tipped to a man with a gun on the 7th floor. The chief was being very defensive IMO.

The MPD JUST had an incident involving an officer shooting and killing a 17 year old allegedly brandishing a gun at the Transit Center on Nov. 11, 2013

http://fox6now.com/2013/11/12/police-identify-man-shot-killed-by-police-at-downtown-transit-center/

As the reporter said, Milwaukee Police Dept. has a history of policing themselves when it comes to investigating officer involved shootings.

The avatar of another family member or possibly the same one under another name (not clear) Changed 30 min ago to "Stay calm and **** the police!"

Unfortunately this is the predominate attitude towards the MPD by residents of Milwaukee and not just in the inner city either!

SMH

So apparently they didn't go with he intentions of serving him, but were tipped to a man with a gun on the 7th floor. The chief was being very defensive IMO.

The MPD JUST had an incident involving an officer shooting and killing a 17 year old allegedly brandishing a gun at the Transit Center on Nov. 11, 2013

http://fox6now.com/2013/11/12/police-identify-man-shot-killed-by-police-at-downtown-transit-center/

As the reporter said, Milwaukee Police Dept. has a history of policing themselves when it comes to investigating officer involved shootings.

Wait, so the dude was in the hospital with a gun?

He was freaking wanted on a FELONY WEAPONS CHARGE. That's pretty serious, not to be taken lightly. I'd demand somebody's job if officers hadn't attempted to arrest him! For all anyone knows, the baby's mother or other relative could have been the one to call in the tip. Maybe the tip was called in bc the guy is a criminal & not trustworthy with a gun. What about if he would have killed somebody in that hospital with his gun? Again - he was wanted on a felony weapons charge - that means he shouldn't have been in possession of that gun in the first place! If he has his gun legally, then bc of that charge he was supposed to turn it in until he was cleared of said charge. This is ridiculous. I absolutely stand by the cops in this case. Most definitely!

Wait, so the dude was in the hospital with a gun?

FWIU they got a tip that there was a man in the hospital on the neo natal floor, who had warrants and who was believed to be armed.

The man was holding the baby (his) and when then police came he put the baby down and was being cooperative, then, when they were in an empty hallway the suspect wrestled with officers and supposedly drew his gun. They shot. That's the short version. Here's the link to the news conference with Flynn. I have to watch it again. There has been speculation that the mother of the baby called in the tip but that is TOTALLY unconfirmed as far as I know.

http://livewire.wisn.com/Event/Breaking_News_-_Shooter_reported_at_Childrens_Hospital

If there is a wanted guy on a felony weapons charge walking around a hospital freely and cops get a tip about it, yet do nothing until he walks outside, then they'd be liable if he shot up the people in the hospital. They wouldn't be doing their jobs correctly if they just let it go & wait it out. They're putting people lives at risk if they just wait it out. Their job is to protect the law. This wanted guy was breaking the law. It's the cops' job to arrest him. He fled when they tried to arrest him, all the while brandishing a handgun, so cops shot him. They did their job. They had to protect themselves as well as staff, patients & patrons from this criminal.

A friend of mines mother works at the hospital and was locked in a room with her patients. She's still pretty shook up

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back