973 users online (192 members and 781 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Poli-chickens, or something worse?

Quote Originally Posted by questfortrue View Post
    A small rant here: When Watergate happened, when WMD justified entry into a war, when one learns that DA AH buried the GJ True Bill and placed it in a safe, don’tcha feel lied to by those whose ambitions/fears exceeded their integrity?
    Damn right, questfortrue. Just to get off-topic for a minute, I happen to subscribe to the idea that AH did bury it and mislead the public because he was, to use Don Davis's words, scared of losing the biggest case of his career. He knew his own pathetic talents weren't up to the job.

BUT, what if it was something worse than that? I'm giving the nod to my younger brother on this one. You yourself mentioned Watergate. Well, my bro occupies some of his time with conspiracy theories and such like. And he's of the mind that Nixon resigned rather than face the impeachment process because he was afraid that the investigation would uncover something even WORSE than Watergate.

One night, not too long ago, he encouraged me to see this case the same way.

SD's Brother: (Shakes his head)

SD: What?"

SDB: Guv'nor, if you were half the detective you claim to be, you'd have figured it out by now. It's all there, right in front of you.

SD: What are you talkin' about?

SDB: Isn't it obvious? You know how you're always telling me how the DA only called that f***in' Grand Jury because of pressure from the governor's office?

SD: Sure, I do.

SDB: And how the lady DA was dead-set against letting FOX NEWS's legal team have access to the case files?

SD: Yeah.

SDB: Well, I've been looking at this list of cases you found on the Internet, and it's right there: the reason he didn't want this case to go to trial is the same reason why he didn't want the governor's office poking around his business. He had something that he was afraid would ruin not only him, but the entire power structure of Boulder and maybe beyond.

I have to admit, it made me stop and think for a minute. His theories often do, but they always have a flaw. I love the guy, and he talks a really good game. But I've been down this road with him before. He can take a simple kidnapping and turn it into the Loch Ness monster.

So, what do you guys think? Is he about due to be right, or is it just a wild goose chase?
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

If this turns in to something about Roswell and aliens, I'm going to roll my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by wonderllama View Post
    If this turns in to something about Roswell and aliens, I'm going to roll my eyes
    With him, there's always that chance. Even so, I'd like opinions on what he said. You have to admit, it's pretty tough to explain how anyone could be as inept as Alex Hunter and still be alive.

I always fall back to the 'saving face' explanation.

Sometimes the simplest reason is the correct one.

otg is offline Reports of my death are greatly exagerated... but not completely unfounded.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    With him, there's always that chance. Even so, I'd like opinions on what he said. You have to admit, it's pretty tough to explain how anyone could be as inept as Alex Hunter and still be alive.
    Hanlon's razor.

Oh, wait! No! That was Mary Lacy.

All views expressed in my posts are my opinion and are protected under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution as “freedom of speech.”

Lacking the ability and or willingness to see human behavior for what it is people resort to conspiracy theories. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bottle 01 View Post
    Lacking the ability and or willingness to see human behavior for what it is people resort to conspiracy theories. IMO.
    That's how I see it. Conspiracy theories help make sense of the senseless.

Colorado in the ‘90s was just emerging from a recession and the hangover from loss of jobs in the energy sector. Economic Development and Job Creation (in capital letters) were the mantra of anyone in office, especially Governor R, and others in government positions – city managers, chambers of commerce, economic development organizations etc. JR and his company were big stuff in Boulder then, rapidly increasing in size and providing a number of jobs. (Boulder’s very own Fat Cat) JR had recently won a Boulder entrepreneur award, which he downplayed, but perhaps he took a lot of pride in it. He or PR must have shown it to one of his kids, because there was a heart around his photo in a brochure or magazine, and the other photos of his competitors for the award were crossed out. Seems like it would have been a huge black eye for Boulder if one of their major contributors to economic vitality were indicted for a homicide or covering up a homicide. Maybe too simple an explanation, but I do know JR became a “toxic” liability for LM. LM had a large economic contribution in Colorado as well, still does. However, maybe your bro also has some correct instinct, because there were so-o-o many overt roadblocks put up to make investigation of the case impossibly difficult. No phone records, no medical records etc. moo

IMO your bro's about due to be right. stranger things have happened. and, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not coming to get you:

J. Edgar Hoover denied the existence of organized crime/the Mafia

the second Gulf of Tonkin incident

Iran-Contra

PRISM/the Patriot Act

we act as if Cuba doesn't exist yet we maintain a military/CIA prison there
    ~ VICE journalist Tim Pool
    Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me alone.

wonderllama;9976604
    I
    always fall back to the 'saving face' explanation.

Sometimes the simplest reason is the correct one
    Agreed. While I am in no way defending Alex Hunter, who is a disgrace, the reality is this was not a case that could have really been succesfully prosecuted, IMO. I have said it before, if they charge John, he points to Patsy. If they charge Patsy, she points to John. If they charge them both as the GJ wanted, they point to Burke who cannot be charged.

There is just too much reasonable doubt. Review this board to see my point. While most of the regulars here are firmly RDI, none of us agree on which R. So how would a jury decide?

However, in all fairness, I must confess that I was fascinated with the Kennedy Assassination for years. Read virtually every book about every new conspiracy theory. Even had a chance to visit Dealy Plaza many years ago and approached that opportunity with the excitement most people would feel about a trip to Europe. After all that, I finally had to reach the conclusion I never wanted to reach. I believe Oswald acted alone.

So, conspiracy theories are obviously not my thing.

I always fall back to the 'saving face' explanation.

Sometimes the simplest reason is the correct one.
    Saving face works. But it doesn't quite cover the issues on kidglove handling during the investigation; imo it does not explain the lack of moxie for investigating and obtaining evidence, like phone records and, medical records. OK, there it is, lack of moxie first, then the need to save face. Add a dash of Hanlon's Razor to this recipe.

Occam's Razor -
    AH was too inept to bring the case to trial AND.....
    he was in JR's pocket.
    ​Blessed are they with nothing to say and the wisdom not to say it.

Teghan Alyssa Skiba - never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by chlban View Post
    wonderllama;9976604
    I

Agreed. While I am in no way defending Alex Hunter, who is a disgrace, the reality is this was not a case that could have really been succesfully prosecuted, IMO. I have said it before, if they charge John, he points to Patsy. If they charge Patsy, she points to John. If they charge them both as the GJ wanted, they point to Burke who cannot be charged.

There is just too much reasonable doubt. Review this board to see my point. While most of the regulars here are firmly RDI, none of us agree on which R. So how would a jury decide?
    That's why it's called the cross-fingerpointing defense, chiban.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Hey- there's a lot to be said for Roswell and aliens, having had a close encounter of the 3 (and a half) kind myself.

No stranger than some of the things in this case, anyway.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

You can't just leave that there DeeDee!

3 and a half sounds a bit.....raunchy...well, not raunchy, but not as invasive as a 4, but a bit more intimate than a 3.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast