1029 users online (204 members and 825 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

AK - Scott Falzerano, 19, Sitka, 11 Nov 2013

This one stings a little bit for me. I was raised in Alaska and when we first moved there at my tender age of 2, we lived in Sitka, Alaska. We don't get much in the way of crime there, outside of putting your trash to be picked up on the side of the road the night before, so as a proud Alaskan, I had to post this...I hope he's found alive and well..

falzerano-e1384457492397.jpg

Search and rescue officials have no new leads in the disappearance of a 19-year-old Sitka man. Scott Falzerano, Jr., was reported missing on Tuesday morning. He was last seen by friends on Monday, at around 3:20 p.m., near the cemetery on Sawmill Creek Road.

Falzerano had told family members that he was going into the woods to hide a firearm, according to Sitka Mountain Rescue director Don Kluting. One of his guns had recently been stolen and then returned, and Falzerano told family members he planned to bury it to keep it secure.

Falzerano is described as about six feet tall, with blonde hair. He was last seen wearing jeans and a black or red hooded sweatshirt. Anyone with any information is asked to call the Sitka Fire Department at (907) 747-3233.

http://www.kcaw.org/2013/11/13/no-ne...ing-sitka-man/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Possible Gun accident? Wildlife Encounter? Slipped & Fell maybe? Intense terrain, I would imagine.

http://goo.gl/maps/uxwwZ
    Sawmill Creek Rd, Sitka, AK

*appears to be Tongass National Forest

http://www.fs.usda.gov/tongass/

"Welcome to the Tongass National Forest, the nation's largest national forest."

Something doesn't sound right. Why not bury at your own property? I have a bad feeling about this. Hope he is found o.k.

Tongass National Forest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The Tongass National Forest /ˈtɒŋɡəs/ in southeastern Alaska is the largest national forest in the United States at 17 million acres (69,000 kmē). Most of its area is part of the temperate rain forest WWF ecoregion, itself part of the larger Pacific temperate rain forest WWF ecoregion, and is remote enough to be home to many species of endangered and rare flora and fauna. Tongass, which is managed by the United States Forest Service, encompasses islands of the Alexander Archipelago, fjords, glaciers, and peaks of the Coast Mountains."

<wow, you learn something new everyday around here>
    Last edited by KateB; 04-27-2015 at 01:38 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/20.../chadwick-text

"Every river, every stream, quivers with salmon thrashing upcurrent to spawn like rapids running in reverse. If any more flowing juices and beating hearts crowded in here, the place might start moving around on its own.

Big trees, big birds, big fish, big bears, immense peaks wrapped in great glaciers that break off into bays where great whales spout: This is Southeast Alaska, the state's panhandle. It separates northern British Columbia from the open Pacific with a chain of misty, fjord-footed mountains and a jigsaw puzzle of more than a thousand islands. Known as the Alexander Archipelago, the islands help explain how a region less than 500 miles (800 kilometers) long can have 18,000 miles (29,000 kilometers) of shoreline (almost all wild, whereas the longest stretch of undeveloped coast in the contiguous states is 30 miles (50 kilometers), more than 10,000 estuaries, and 13,750 river miles (22,130 kilometers) that host oceangoing fish. "

Wow, sounds like magnificent, amazing territory!

I hope the bears didn't get him!

What /when is the hunting season out there...

I too wonder why he didn't bury the gun on/near his own property....

Hope this kid is found safe.

I wonder what the details are surrounding the first gun theft.

How close is his residence?

Infinite terrain, this will be a challenging search.

It's got to be cold as crap there right now...and with the bears, etc...if he's injured, they need to find him soon!!

Hope all is going to be ok with Scott!

Justice for Jennifer

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post

Falzerano had told family members that he was going into the woods to hide a firearm, according to Sitka Mountain Rescue director Don Kluting. One of his guns had recently been stolen and then returned, and Falzerano told family members he planned to bury it to keep it secure.

http://www.kcaw.org/2013/11/13/no-ne...ing-sitka-man/

Why bury a gun in the woods? Why not get a gun safe? This just doesn't make ANY sense. Hope he's found safe!

Jenna

Body Found

http://www.kcaw.org/2013/11/15/body-...gation-opened/

"Sitka police confirmed that Falzerano appeared to have died from a self-inflicted gunshot would (sic)." (They meant "wound")
    Just the facts, Ma'am.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast