Australia - Shey Webber, 35, found badly injured in her Warranwood home

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Shey Webber's sister appeals for public's help to find her attacker

November 15, 2013

THE sister of a woman brutally beaten in her Warranwood home has begged for help to bring her attacker to justice.

"Words can't describe what sort of monster would inflict these kinds of injuries on someone and leave them for dead. It's gut wrenching," Tamika Webber said.

Shey Webber, 35, was in a coma fighting for her life after being found face down in the hallway of her Regency Terrace home on November 6.

Police say she might have been attacked by someone she met through online dating websites.

Detectives are focusing their investigations on the matchmaker site RSVP, according to police sources.

Anyone with information should contact Crime Stoppers on 1800-333-000

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...ind-her-attacker/story-fni0fee2-1226761403547

''Shey has sustained significant injuries, which might be life-changing. I suppose one could say were consistent with that of a car accident,'' Sen-Sgt Guy said.

''It’s very, very vicious.''

Sen-Sgt Guy urged anyone who may have contacted Ms Webber via a dating site to call police immediately.

''We will find your details within her dating websites and eventually we’ll catch up with you,'' he said

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...ighting-for-life/story-fni0fee2-1226759422888

Tragic. Praying for her recovery. Some evil people scope out internet dating sites.

Photos of Shey...

1411_sheywebber_s.ashx

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/11/14/07/36/vic-woman-found-unconscious-in-her-home

WOMAN WITH LIFE THREATENING INJURIES AT WARRANWOOD - UPDATE

THURSDAY, 14 NOVEMBER 2013 12:14

Detectives from Maroondah Crime Investigation Unit have identified the man who was seen near the home of Shey Webber in Warranwood on the night she was found with life-threatening injuries.

Investigators have been told a courier delivering a parcel observed bloody items and signs of a disturbance via a window next to the front door of the house in Regency Terrace on Wednesday 6 November about 10.20am.

Police were called and discovered Shey Webber, 34, lying unconscious on the floor.

Shey was taken to the Royal Melbourne Hospital where she remains with very serious injuries.

The man who attended the scene that night made contact with police this morning and has been eliminated as a suspect.

Detectives have released two photos of Shey and a photo of her car, and urge anyone that may have had contact with her or know of her whereabouts between 9.00am on Friday, 1 November and 10.30am on Wednesday 6 November, the Melbourne Cup long weekend, to come forward.

Police believe Shey had been active on dating websites and may have met people through these sites.

Anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit www.crimestoppers.com.au
120nry8.jpg

http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/new...hreatening-injuries-at-warranwood-update.html

She is beautiful....I hope her attacker is found asap.

Read more: Online dating link in attack on Warranwood woman

November 14, 2013

"Police are investigating the online dating profiles of hundreds of men in their race to identify the person who viciously attacked a Melbourne woman in her home.

Shey Webber, 34, was found on the floor of her Warranwood home in a semi- conscious state and unable to talk on November 6."

2wo93dv.jpg

Screenshot from video at link

"She remains in a serious condition in the Royal Melbourne Hospital and has not been able to speak to her parents or police about what happened to her.

"Shey has sustained significant injuries, which one could say may well be life-changing," Detective Senior Sergeant Graham Guy said. He likened Ms Webber’s injuries to those consistent with a "car accident".

When police arrived at Ms Webber’s Regent Street home about 10.30am her front door was closed but unlocked, with no obvious signs of forced entry."

Read more: Possible online dating link to vicious attack

14 November, 2013

"Investigators have released a photograph of Shey and are urging anyone that may have had contact with her or know of her whereabouts between 9am on November 1 and 10.30am on November 6 to come forward.

But Detective Sergeant Guy said he was happy to say the man seen photographing Shey's home on Wednesday night has been eliminated.

"That person's contacted us and we've been able to eliminate them from the inquiry and they have nothing to do with it," he told Neil Mitchell.

"Obviously we're aware that she's been heavily involved in various online dating services.

"We've been able to track down a few of the people that we believe have interacted with her, and we're currently still working through that list.

"What I'd be appealing to those people is that, anyone who has had any sort of contact in that forum with her to contact us.

"If you want to come to us rather than us find you, and we will find you eventually, it'll just take us some time to work through the material."

LISTEN: Detective Senior Sergeant Graham Guy with Neil Mitchell

LISTEN: Shey Webber's Mum Ainsley with Tom Elliott

Read more: Safety of websites come in for scrutiny after nurse Shey Webber's search for the man of her dreams turns into a nightmare

November 15, 2013

zy9cop.jpg

Shey Webber used RSVP to try to find the man of her dreams. Source: HeraldSun

"SHEY Webber was one of millions of Australians looking for love on the web.

Her RSVP profile page looks like many others, describing her as a blonde, blue-eyed single who wanted children and was looking for an athletic man.

But it appears that search has left her fighting for her life."

Read more: Shey Webber went looking for love online but now she's fighting for life

November 14, 2013

Detectives are also investigating links to the classifieds website Gumtree, where Ms Webber was advertising for a tenant and had included photographs of herself.

The savage assault has devastated Ms Webber’s parents, Ainsley and Ashley Webber.

''We’re absolutely traumatised. It’s just unbelievable,'' Mrs Webber said.

Sister Tamika, in an online post, urged people to ''get justice for my gorgeous sis''.

Read more: Shey Webber went looking for love online but now she's fighting for life

November 14, 2013

"POLICE are hunting an online dating brute who attacked a nurse, inflicting horrific injuries similar to a car crash victims.

Shey Webber, 34, may have lain injured in her Warranwood home for days before a courier noticed blood and signs of a disturbance.

Her profile on the online matchmaker website RSVP is at the centre of inquiries, police sources confirm.

Ms Webber last accessed the site on October 28."

Even though MSM is playing up the dating website angle (of course, as it makes it all more sensationalist) I don't think we should underestimate the whole 'ad on Gumtree' part.

Shey was obviously an intelligent woman - it seems more likely IMO that she would more readily allow someone into her home who is answering an ad to share the house with her. Of course then, you would welcome them in!

I also wonder why, after 4 years living there by herself, she was suddenly seeking a flatmate? For some reason that fact has stayed with me (although it may have nothing to do with anything!!).

If it was from a dating website, we can't assume it was the first time she met the guy. He may well have been grooming her and winning her trust over some period of time. It doesn't mean she just met him and let him in.

Many unanswered questions with this case, obviously. Hopefully LE have a clear picture of who the likely suspects are.

Blessings to Shey and her family at this terrible time.

" may have lain injured in her Warranwood home for days"

^ I just felt nauseous, after reading that.

I have a couple of friends who use these dating sites, and I'm that stick in the mud who always insists they play it safe and meet in public the first 10 times, never give out their address.. have a phone buddy handy in case things get out of control.. Like they're my kids, lol. But these are women who don't read crime sites and who have led happy, safe lives and just don't know what's out there...

Good point though, about the flatmate ad. I am sure there are predators and psychos who trawl those too, looking for an opportunity.

What's it with Melbourne and home invasion attacks lately? Reminds of the Kylie Blackwood case.. attacked and left alive but close to death. At least Shey is still alive - though I dread to think what her 'life changing' injuries are.

Anyone think that's a reference to severe facial injury?

" may have lain injured in her Warranwood home for days"

^ I just felt nauseous, after reading that.

I have a couple of friends who use these dating sites, and I'm that stick in the mud who always insists they play it safe and meet in public the first 10 times, never give out their address.. have a phone buddy handy in case things get out of control.. Like they're my kids, lol. But these are women who don't read crime sites and who have led happy, safe lives and just don't know what's out there...

Good point though, about the flatmate ad. I am sure there are predators and psychos who trawl those too, looking for an opportunity.

What's it with Melbourne and home invasion attacks lately? Reminds of the Kylie Blackwood case.. attacked and left alive but close to death. At least Shay is still alive - though I dread to think what her 'life changing' injuries are.

Anyone think that's a reference to severe facial injury?

I'm thinking of the horrendous David and Catherine Birnie in WA years ago. They were serial killers who captured at least one of their victims by advertising car tyres in the classifieds (no internet then). The women would then come to their house - and that was it. That's always stayed with me!!

Good point Ausgirl re women who aren't into criminology and forensics - they would be way more trusting than people like us!!! All of my serial killer reading has seriously impacted on my awareness!!! :scared:

And yes, I thought there may be severe facial injuries from the way the police have worded their info.

It is similar to Kylie Blackwood's case, isn't it? Those poor women.

Slightly off topic although related to online dating sites.

This case was only mentioned in MSM a few days back & the guy was found guilty yesterday. I think the woman is very lucky to be alive!!

November 12, 2013

A BRISBANE woman was allegedly held captive for three days, tortured with household chemicals and raped by a man she met on a popular dating site.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ular-dating-site/story-fnihsrf2-1226757674200

16th Nov 2013

A JURY took less than two hours to find a man guilty of raping the Mackay woman he struck up a relationship with after meeting her online

http://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/Jury-find-man-guilty-of-raping-woman-he-met-online/2085623/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back