Holy Smokes:Batkid saves San Francisco

Jacie Estes

Medical Marijuana Advocate
Reaction score
ABC News -- A little boy will get the surprise of a lifetime today when San Francisco transforms into Gotham City to fulfill the 5-year-old leukemia patient's wish to be Batman for a day.

The Make-a-Wish Foundation has created an entire day catered to Miles' dream.

The day has begun with a special edition cover of the San Francisco Chronicle, whose entire front page is dedicated to the young superhero. The headline for the lead story is "Batkid Saves City."

www.ksfy.com/story/23981143/batkids-make-a-wish-transforming-san-francisco-into-gotham

I saw this in my local online news. Too cute!!! Good for him. Thanks Make-A-Wish!!!:drumroll:

was just coming to post this...i love how many people showed up to cheer him on ...love love love!

BatKid saves Giants mascot Lou Seal from The Penguin (DEVELOPING)

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/sto...tt-make-a-wish-lou-seal-giants-penguin-photos

BZIz44qCAAArD_m.jpg

I love this! I was never into Batman and all that but now i definitely have a favorite superhero and that is Batkid! I just love this superhero story because everyone who participated is a superhero.

What a loving and joyful conspiracy to bring all of this about !! It is so wonderful when so many diverse people in a community pull together to accomplish such a thing. i think the fun was contagious and many people were caught up in the fun of it all. I imagine that many adult Batman fans were very thrilled to help bring this all to life with their knowledge of the special Batman touches to make it extra special.

Kudos to Make a Wish for helping to coordinate this and all they did.

Just saw the video of it and it was awesome. Thousands of people turned out to be a part, sporting shirts, gear and signs that showed their love of Batkid and Batman. People came from across the state, even other states, to turn out for the event, after hearing about it on twitter and facebook. The people participating were just so happy to have taken part of such a great event.

That is one of the most touching things I have ever seen. The citizens of San Francisco need to be really proud of themselves for the joy they brought that little fella.

I am sure Batkid went to sleep tonight with a smile on his face. What a wonderful story.

How awesome! I was in tears watching the story on tv! Batkid will never forget this day, and Make a Wish, you rock!

He ended the day by getting a key to the city- made of Ghirardelli Chocolate!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back