Deceased/Not Found TX - Nicholas Plaza, 5, San Antonio, 23 Oct 2001 *R. Zavala, P. Plaza guilty*

golfmom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.ksat.com/news/4430116/detail.html

SAN ANTONIO -- San Antonio police dug through the wee hours of the morning early Friday in an alley on the Southwest Side where a 31-year-old man claims he buried a missing 5-year-old boy.
According to an arrest affidavit, Zavala told police that Nicholas, who had been sick, stopped breathing one night.

Nicholas Plaza

Zavala performed CPR on the boy for about 20 minutes, but when he was unable to revive Nicholas, out of fear he wrapped the boy in sheets and garbage bags and put this body in a Dumpster, the affidavit said.

The affidavit also detailed a torturous life that Nicholas suffered, allegedly with Zavala and the boy's mother.

According to the affidavit, Priscilla Plaza, the boy's mother, told police that she noticed that her son's "penis had a cut on it" and it "appeared to be falling off."

Priscilla Plaza also told police that Zavala "took about five baths a day" with her son and that Nicholas would be force fed until he would throw up, the affidavit said.

The mother also told police that Zavala would take Nicholas into the bathroom, where he would hear him cry after hearing loud bangs, "like something hitting the wall," the affidavit said.

Zavala's mother told police that she saw that Nicholas had a "cut on the penis," "was peeing on himself," had "blisters in his mouth" his "hair (was) falling out in lumps," and he was unable to walk due to a "sprained or broken leg."

Priscilla Plaza claims she didn't seek medical attention for the boy because Zavala would not let her.

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=C373CA25-A9D2-4081-912F-0156F4153A3D
Zavala admitted to News 4 WOAI cameras he played a role in Nicholas' disappearance.

"I never said I killed him," Zavala said. "All I said was that I ended up getting rid of him."

Zavala reportedly told police he wrapped little Nicholas' body in sheets and garbage bags and threw it in an H-E-B dumpster back in October of 2001. He told detectives Nicholas stopped breathing when his mother was bathing him and that he dumped the boy's body to protect Nicholas' mom and so he wouldn't go to prison.

I swear sometimes words just f*n fail me ... :furious:

golfmom said:
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=C373CA25-A9D2-4081-912F-0156F4153A3D
Zavala admitted to News 4 WOAI cameras he played a role in Nicholas' disappearance.

"I never said I killed him," Zavala said. "All I said was that I ended up getting rid of him."

Zavala reportedly told police he wrapped little Nicholas' body in sheets and garbage bags and threw it in an H-E-B dumpster back in October of 2001. He told detectives Nicholas stopped breathing when his mother was bathing him and that he dumped the boy's body to protect Nicholas' mom and so he wouldn't go to prison.

I swear sometimes words just f*n fail me ... :furious:

It sounds like he took this child and made him the punching bag for anger, hatred, perversion, control and just the worse evil I have ever heard of....."I never said I killed him......All I said was that I ended up getting rid of him."

How horrible. If the father was the one abusing the boy the mother is just as responsible IMO. No matter how afraid I was of a man I would never let them hurt my children. I would find a way out.

That poor little boy. What a tortured life he had due to a negligent mother and her pig of a boyfriend. I hope that they send them BOTH to prison for life (or worse).

What a terrible litle life this baby had !! Both the mom and the low life scum boyfriend should be punished.

It breaks my heart to think of what this little guy must have gone through.

Cypros said:
That poor little boy. What a tortured life he had due to a negligent mother and her pig of a boyfriend. I hope that they send them BOTH to prison for life (or worse).

My thoughts exactly.

Search for boy yields nothing
05/01/2005 12:00 AM CDT
Mariano Castillo
Express-News Staff Writer
Two cadaver dogs — first one, then the other — sniffed up and down a West Side alley Saturday morning for the remains of 5-year-old Nicholas Plaza, who has been missing since October 2001.

About an hour later, the operation was called off.

The search, which started Friday and involved a daylong effort with a backhoe and shovels, has become stalled again.

Police had no further plans to search the area — the result of a suspect's tip — but may reconsider the alley as their investigation continues.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA050505.2B.plazaupdate.22d43fd6d.html

Rachael said:
How horrible. If the father was the one abusing the boy the mother is just as responsible IMO. No matter how afraid I was of a man I would never let them hurt my children. I would find a way out.
helloooooooo ( sarcasim ) :banghead:

---- I so agree--- no one would hurt my children

Cypros said:
i'm leaning towards the WORSE--- for both--- mom first :behindbar

I'm sorry but what the was this woman thinking of her boyfriend taking all of these baths with her son-and why didn't she put a stop to it. People like this are just the most disgusting beings in the universe.

I just dont' get it and I never will understand how anybody could stand by and do nothing to stop an obviously wrong bunch of situations-and in this case all of the different things that this poor boy was allegedly subjected to there was practically a neon sign following the kid around announcing all of the things that was happening to him and yet his mother did nothing??

I have never been a violent person in my life but this case makes me sick enough to want to go beat the living crap out of both of these people-and enlist as many helpers as possible to assist me. At least this little guy is at peace now :(

Gmommy said:
I'm sorry but what the was this woman thinking of her boyfriend taking all of these baths with her son-and why didn't she put a stop to it. People like this are just the most disgusting beings in the universe.

I just dont' get it and I never will understand how anybody could stand by and do nothing to stop an obviously wrong bunch of situations-and in this case all of the different things that this poor boy was allegedly subjected to there was practically a neon sign following the kid around announcing all of the things that was happening to him and yet his mother did nothing??

I have never been a violent person in my life but this case makes me sick enough to want to go beat the living crap out of both of these people-and enlist as many helpers as possible to assist me. At least this little guy is at peace now :(
i'll help ya..............:furious:

Gmommy said:

Count me in as well!! I hope both of the adults get the maximum sentence----and we know how well child molesters fare in prison, don't we.

It's difficult for me to read about this case. I have two little boys close in age to this child. They are so filled with life and light and so aware. My heart aches for children who know pain instead of love during their short sad lives.

Blessings to this little guy, who is surely in a better place.

The last post said it--he is (finally) in a better place. May he rest in peace and may his "parents" (ptooey) NOT have peace in this life or the next.

I am just so sickened by the numbers of stories that we see and read here .. in particular of cases like this where not only is the child abused by sadistically and ritually tortured for the duration of their lives. I can fathom why no one steps in to help and protect these children.. most of all the parents who are supposed to love then cherish them.. and most of all protect them. What has happened to our society that we have raised so many deviant sadistic souless people? whos greatest pleasure seems to be how horrifically they can harm a child.. They obviously know its wrong since so many go to such great lengths to hide the children and the evidence of the abuse. We have got to as a society decide this is no longer acceptable and create and execute the harshest of penalties when it comes to these cases.

I feel so badly for this poor child who never knew what it was like to have anyone care for him, to love and protect him.. to wake each day knowing that these animals would just do it all again.. the pain and terror for that child just makes me feel murderous. I just hope this little one is wrapped tighly in the arms of an angel who can heal all those wounds both to the body and the soul of this little one..

Why oh why cant they just admit they do not want the child and hand them over to authorities. Yes people may think bad of them for a while but not in the long run at all.

Even someone with OCD would rarely bath 5 plus times a day so how could the mother have deemed this was ok? She sure knew what was going on by her sons vile injuries and decided to turn a blind eye to it. She should be punished as much as the abuser.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back