1218 users online (242 members and 976 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

NH - Patricia Wood, 3/4, Swanzey, 1976

Patricia Ann Wood

patty.jpg

Patricia Ann Wood, born in 1972, disappeared from her home in Swanzey, NH some time around 1976. Her disappearance was not discovered by authorities until 1987, at which point it was determined that she had been missing for 11 years. Wood was last known to be living with her father and step-mother in Swanzey. Despite a thorough investigation, Wood has never been found. The circumstances surrounding her disappearance are very suspicious.

Stan Woodman's oldest son was just 8 or 9 years old when the child told him a chilling story. His mother and stepfather, the boy said, had drowned his little stepsister in the bathtub and buried her in the backyard. At the time, Woodman recalled, "I just said that's too preposterous to be true. I just kind of dismissed it."

It was the first hint that something terrible, even murderous, had happened to little Patricia Ann Wood, who lived with her father, stepmother and three stepsiblings in the Swanzey area in the 1970s - until she vanished without a trace. Read more on the link below.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...WS03/130819377
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

What a sad story. I wonder if she had previously been buried in the backyard but later moved to another location since LE didn't find anything. Can cadaver dogs or some type of testing tell if a body had been buried but removed many years ago? Or does all signs of this go away after a while?

What a sad and horrifying story! I hope some closure can be found for this poor little girl!

Shouldn't this be in the Missing 70's forum?

Satch

Could Patricia Ann be the one of the children found in Allenstown, NH along with an adult mother and two other young girls? I'm thinking about the one called the 'middle child' or 'Bet Doe' where the relationship is undefined.

NH NH - Allenstown - Adult Female and 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

According to an article above, Patricia's father was already with or married to Judith (who had 3 children by another father) when Patricia's bio mom gave up custody of her as an infant.

'Patty was born on Oct. 12, 1972, in South Carolina; her birth mother gave up custody to John Wood when Patty was a baby. The little girl came to live with Wood, his wife and his wife's three children from her marriage to ...'

To me, that statement, if accurate, points to a lack of a set alliance on the part of JW. JW later told Patricia's bio mom that PW died in a car accident. JW's new wife, Judith, attempted to alienate her 3 children from their bio father, according to the same article.

Could John have fathered another child with the unidentified woman in Allenstown? This one being the youngest one found at 1 - 3 years-old? A relationship exists somewhere with the 4 unidentified Allenstown people, but is not clearly defined.

Could JW have also concocted a story for the family of the UID woman, if she had any?

There is no description of Patricia anywhere that I can see, and it stands to reason that one would expect to find only one set of remains when trying to identify her. Having trouble finding something that rules-out Patricia Ann Wood from the Allenstown UID's.

Jmo.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-05-2015 at 10:19 PM. Reason: url

Quote Originally Posted by Woodland View Post
    Could Patricia Ann be the one of the children found in Allenstown, NH along with an adult mother and two other young girls? I'm thinking about the one called the 'middle child' or 'Bet Doe' where the relationship is undefined.

NH NH - Allenstown - Adult Female and 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

According to an article above, Patricia's father was already with or married to Judith (who had 3 children by another father) when Patricia's bio mom gave up custody of her as an infant.

'Patty was born on Oct. 12, 1972, in South Carolina; her birth mother gave up custody to John Wood when Patty was a baby. The little girl came to live with Wood, his wife and his wife's three children from her marriage to ...'

To me, that statement, if accurate, points to a lack of a set alliance on the part of JW. JW later told Patricia's bio mom that PW died in a car accident. JW's new wife, Judith, attempted to alienate her 3 children from their bio father, according to the same article.

Could John have fathered another child with the unidentified woman in Allenstown? This one being the youngest one found at 1 - 3 years-old? A relationship exists somewhere with the 4 unidentified Allenstown people, but is not clearly defined.

Could JW have also concocted a story for the family of the UID woman, if she had any?

There is no description of Patricia anywhere that I can see, and it stands to reason that one would expect to find only one set of remains when trying to identify her. Having trouble finding something that rules-out Patricia Ann Wood from the Allenstown UID's.

Jmo.
    It's an interesting idea, but the son who first told Woodman the story gave a different account, and all of the children said Judith was the one who dealt out most of the physical abuse. A neighbor also reported having seen the suicides' vehicle in the area of old mines when police started digging into the whereabouts of Patty Ann, which suggests that she may have been buried in the backyard, as per the son's report, and then moved when the heat turned up.

In any case, we know that Patty was at Dartmouth-Hitchcock several times over the period of 2-3 years, and that in one of those cases she had severe enough injuries that she was briefly in a coma, and the doctors suspected abuse. I've not heard that the
    DNA-unrelated girl of the Allentown victims was discovered to have healed or partly healed injuries of those sort.

Oh no

How sad! I thought the title meant she had been be found. I was hoping for good news. Poor little girl.
    MOO

Patricia is now on NamUs, DNA available, not submitted. Unfortunately they describe her as 14 the age she would have been when her disappearance was first reported in 1987

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/ca...se_information
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Mom View Post
    Patricia is now on NamUs, DNA available, not submitted. Unfortunately they describe her as 14 the age she would have been when her disappearance was first reported in 1987

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/ca...se_information
    Is there any way to get that corrected? It is very misleading "Date last seen Jan 1 1987".

How could a three or four year old be five feet tall and weigh 100 pounds?

That's the standard measurements used when they are unknown (namus requires a height and weight entry and you can't put in "unknown".)

They could have put "0.0" like they did In Jonathan Hagans' weight; https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21375/0

I have never been able to do that while entering a namus case myself.

has Patricia Ann Wood ever been compared to the Sharon Marshall case... the time lines are a little off but if PW was not reported missing for 11 years, can the 1976 disappearance be off? Are there medical documents or something to back up the disappearance in 1976??

Sharon Marshall Doe Network link: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/8ufok.html

I only heard of Patricia Ann Wood today ... this is one of the saddest stories I've ever read. All of the grown ups in Patty's life really failed her! She suffered abuse during the short time she lived and no one even cared when she was gone ... what pathetic people!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast