MO - Racist serial killer Joseph Franklin facing execution

Reader

Reaction score
http://centurylink.net/news/read/ca...-racist_serial_killer_facing_execution_in-ap/

ST. LOUIS (AP) — No one knows exactly how many atrocities Joseph Paul Franklin committed as he crossed the country more than three decades ago, fueled by hatred of blacks and Jews. Along the way he bombed a synagogue, robbed banks, shot and wounded a *advertiser censored* icon — and killed, by his own account, nearly two dozen people.

Even among the hard-core criminals on Missouri's death row, Franklin is perhaps the most notorious, a cunning killer who picked out victims at random, using marksman skills to murder and maim from a hidden spot in a vacant building, a grassy field and a highway overpass.

"All of his acts were kind of cowardly," said St. Louis County prosecutor Bob McCulloch, whose prosecution sent Franklin to death row. "He just hid in the weeds and shot people."

More at link.....

I hope his coming death is slow and painful.

Is this the guy who shot and paralyzed L.F. ?

Serial killer Joseph Paul Franklin prepares to die

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/18/justice/death-row-interview-joseph-paul-franklin/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Watch Kyung Lah's interview with Franklin tonight on AC360º at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. ET.

Bonne Terre, Missouri (CNN) -- Joseph Paul Franklin is unblinking and empty as he talks about his victims.

Do you know how many people you murdered? "I'd rather not mention it," he says flatly.

By my count, it's 22 people. "That's approximately it.".........

"I felt like I was at war. The survival of the white race was at stake," he says. Franklin compares himself to a U.S. soldier in Vietnam, trained to be a sniper in the war. The enemy, he explains, were Jews, blacks and especially interracial couples. "I consider it my mission, my three-year mission. Same length of time Jesus was on his mission, from the time he was 30 to 33."

What was your mission? "To get a race war started."

More at link.....

Condemned serial killer on Missouri death row says he has remorse, is no longer a racist

Joseph Paul Franklin, 63, said he is no longer the monster who went on a cross-country crime spree between 1977 and 1980, killing at least 18 people and committing other crimes. He said he traveled around the country shooting black and Jewish people because he was angry and “unable to tell right from wrong.”

<<snipped>>

About Missouri&#8217;s plan to execute him with a lethal injection of pentobarbital, he said he does not believe the state should use a drug that is often used to euthanize animals.

&#8220;It&#8217;s humiliating to put a person to death with a drug like that,&#8221; he said. &#8220;It&#8217;s humiliating to put someone like me in the same category as an animal. It isn&#8217;t moral to kill somebody using that type of drug. I don&#8217;t think it is right.&#8221;

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_bff3dc15-9f96-5858-891a-a46d2ad5bd43.html

Missouri executes serial killer Franklin

JIM SALTER, AP
2 hours ago

BONNE TERRE, Mo. (AP) — Joseph Paul Franklin, a white supremacist who targeted blacks and Jews in a cross-country killing spree from 1977 to 1980, was put to death Wednesday in Missouri, the state's first execution in nearly three years.

Franklin, 63, was executed at the state prison in Bonne Terre for killing Gerald Gordon in a sniper shooting at a suburban St. Louis synagogue in 1977. Franklin was convicted of seven other murders and claimed responsibility for up to 20, but the Missouri case was the only one that brought a death sentence.

Mike O'Connell, a spokesman for the Missouri Department of Corrections, said Franklin was pronounced dead at 6:17 a.m.

The execution began more than six hours later than intended, and it took just 10 minutes.

Franklin declined to make a final statement. Wearing black rimmed glasses with long hair tucked behind his ears, he swallowed hard as five grams of pentobarbital were administered. He breathed heavily a couple of times then simply stopped breathing...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20131120/US--Execution-Franklin/

Condemned serial killer on Missouri death row says he has remorse, is no longer a racist

Joseph Paul Franklin, 63, said he is no longer the monster who went on a cross-country crime spree between 1977 and 1980, killing at least 18 people and committing other crimes. He said he traveled around the country shooting black and Jewish people because he was angry and “unable to tell right from wrong.”

<<snipped>>

About Missouri’s plan to execute him with a lethal injection of pentobarbital, he said he does not believe the state should use a drug that is often used to euthanize animals.

“It’s humiliating to put a person to death with a drug like that,” he said. “It’s humiliating to put someone like me in the same category as an animal. It isn’t moral to kill somebody using that type of drug. I don’t think it is right.”

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_bff3dc15-9f96-5858-891a-a46d2ad5bd43.html

He's far worse than an animal.
I'm offended that he was offended!

I feel I gave my pets the gift of an easy death free of suffering because I loved them.. He certainly didn't deserve to leave this world so easily!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He seriously said it was "humiliating" to be put to death with pentobarbitol? Good God!! That is about as peaceful a death as any human will ever experience. The argument over whether lethal injection is "cruel and unusual" has truely reached absurd levels.

*related*

The Utah woman who claimed she was raped by a lawyer prosecuting the white supremacist serial killer who tried to assassinate "Hustler" publisher Larry Flynt is speaking out 35 years after the alleged attack to comfort other victims.

Terry Mitchell said she was 16 years old in 1981 when she served as a key witness against Joseph Paul Franklin, who admitted to the shooting attack on Flynt and was blamed for 22 killings in a bid to start a race war. Prosecutor Richard W. Roberts repeatedly assaulted her during the case, she said, but told her the killer might go free if she reported the abuse.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...tor-raped-1981-trial-speaks-article-1.2732057

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa000ag
Back