818 users online (139 members and 679 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NM - Cop Fires at Mini Van Full of Kids After Traffic Stop

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...ew-mexico?lite

"Cop fires at minivan full of kids after traffic-stop scuffle in New Mexico"

“We ought to talk about the stupidity and recklessness of shooting at a car that has five children in it.”

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...ew-mexico?lite

SMH Idiots!
    "It seems our profound fascination with serial killers is matched by an equally profound lack of interest in their victims." - Vanessa Veselka

http://stoptheviolencemilwaukee.blogspot.com/

"This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one ever before." Dr. Maya Angelou

F.L.Y. First love yourself!

The 14 year old "child" that attacked the cops looks bigger than the police officers in that video clip. The woman has convictions for DUI and the found marijuana pipes in the vehicle. I am so relieved this lovely family was not harmed and now they can likely sue and get rich at tax payers expense.

I hate to say this but if she was thinking about her children and following the law instead of running away none of this would have happened!!
    Rest in Peace John 08/09/86-04/24/2014.

Husband, father and son. I miss you and so does your son.

Hmm. Mother speeds with car full of kids. Cops try to stop her twice, maybe try to shoot at tires (idk). How about the cops were trying to stop her before she runs into a law abiding mom with her car full of kids? Each traffic stop cops don't know what's going to happen. Jmo

Ciao

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    The 14 year old "child" that attacked the cops looks bigger than the police officers in that video clip. The woman has convictions for DUI and the found marijuana pipes in the vehicle. I am so relieved this lovely family was not harmed and now they can likely sue and get rich at tax payers expense.
    This. While the police should not have shot at the cops that 14 yr old punk, Got out and assaulted the officer.

If she would have obeyed the officer none of this would have happened. Again I believe the officers were not right in breaking the window or shooting, They should be punished for that, However she should be charged as should her son.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettScarpetta View Post
    If she would have obeyed the officer none of this would have happened. Again I believe the officers were not right in breaking the window or shooting, They should be punished for that, However she should be charged as should her son.
    Yes, I totally agree. While LE acted a little extreme in this case, this woman is the one that started the whole thing. If she had only done what she was asked everything would be fine, but I have a fairly strong inkling that she was trying to hide something and had reason to run.

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
    Emily Dickinson

I watched the video and it's clear to me that the cop was aiming at the tires, not the "car full of kids" -- oh, the drama. I seriously can't believe who the good guys v. the bad guys are these days. smdh

jmo

On the surface it seems extreme to start busting windows and firing at tires but one needs to realize that if the cops had failed to immediately try everything they could to keep that woman from peeling out into freeway traffic with those children, they would now be getting ridiculed for not trying hard enough to protect the kids! It's a miracle the van wasn't rolled or hit by a truck.

That mom risked her childrens lives to avoid a ticket. She was clearly not behaving rationally, which is why the officer needed to have her exit the van and attempt to secure her with handcuffs before she broke away and ran. MOO

Quote Originally Posted by Karmady View Post
    I watched the video and it's clear to me that the cop was aiming at the tires, not the "car full of kids" -- oh, the drama. I seriously can't believe who the good guys v. the bad guys are these days. smdh

jmo
    It looked the same way to me as well-he was trying to shoot out the tires.
    Just my opinion

I watched the videos of this and the mother is clearly in the wrong in so many ways. Come to find out she had drugs/drug paraphernalia in the vehicle. Is she freakin nuts?? What the hell kind of mother piles her 5 kids in a vehicle with drug/drug paraphernalia and goes on a road trip. then she resists the officer and struggles free hops in the car and takes off?

The 14 year old looked huge. He could have easily been 18 or older by the size of him. The cop doesn;t know he is a 14 year old. All he knows is that the woman is trying to flee or get back to the car, the 14 year old is menacing and aggressive. The 14 year old retreated when the cop brought out the tazer and hopped back in the vehicle and refused to come out. That is why the passenger rear window was broken out. For all the cop knew, the 14 year old was an adult and could have pulled out a gun or used one of the younger kids as a hostage.

So who was it putting these children in danger. The mother, that's who. I'm sorry but she does NOT get special treatment just because she has young kids with her to try and hide behind. That makes her even worse in my opinion, kinda like those parents who take their kids shoplifting as a cover, or even get the kids to do the stealing.

The cop was shooting at the tires and I am completely in support of him. It didn't have to happen that way but mom and **** son amped it up to that degree. If mom doesn't have any concern about her children in the midst of this you can be sure she doesn't care about any other drivers or pedestrians who get in her way as she flees.
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

"Mother of minivan of kids shot at by police speaks out against 'terrifying individual' police officer"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2lRn1Li8Z

'A uniformed officer can shoot three bullets at my van and be considered to be “doing his job”, but my doing what I can to get my own children away from such a terrifying individual has been termed “child abuse” and “endangerment,” according to New Mexico law,' she wrote."

"Calling herself a 'peace officer,' Ferrell writes: 'As a single, African-American mother of five in this country, things are tough enough I should not have to endure harassment at the hands of someone who has been hired to protect the citizens of this land over an alleged “speeding offense.” No one should.'

"Ferrell, who refers to herself as a 'model parent,' will appear in court in April."

New Mexico officer in van shooting is fired

http://centurylink.net/news/read/cat...oting_is_fi-ap

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — The New Mexico State Police officer who fired shots at a minivan full of children during a chaotic October traffic stop has been fired, a spokesman with the law enforcement agency said Friday.

Lt. Emmanuel Gutierrez, a State Police spokesman, said he confirmed with State Police Chief Pete Kassetas that Officer Elias Montoya was no longer employed by the department. Montoya's termination was effective at 5 p.m. Friday........

The mother and her son were arrested in front of a hotel after a chase in which the van traveled at speeds of nearly 100 mph. She has since been released on bond. She faces charges of child abuse, fleeing and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia for a pair of marijuana pipes that authorities say were in the van.........

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

I am from New Mexico and I support this police officer 100 percent. I would never behave like this with my children in the car. Geez. Watch the 18 minutes, not just the 30 second NEWS (?) clip!
    Say-D

Model parent? ROFL!!!

I guess I will never be a "model parent" then because I have never resisted an officer, fled the scene, put 5 children in a van with drug paraphernalia, drove 100 miles an hours with 5 kids in the vehicle with me, etc.

I'd be willing to bet there was more than drug paraphernalia in that vehicle but they disposed of it somehow during the chase. She was fleeing for a reason.
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast